• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona news livestream announced for February 4

All I want is a game where Marie teaches you how to write poetry.

Call it Persona 4 Golden: Poetry All Day Ultra Tsundere Hold.

Real talk, P5, P4D or bust.

FluxWaveZ

-Persona 3 The movie part 3 trailer/merchandise (both are likely)

Perhaps merchandise but, legally, I actually don't think they can stream anything concerning Persona 3 The Movie unless the whole stream is region locked, which I'm certain it won't be.

P5 and P4D are very likely though, yeah.

- Persona 5
- Persona 4: Dancing All Night (along with the vote for best music)
- Some stuff showing off Persona 4 The Golden: The Best (along with the vote for favorite P4G character)
- Maybe a console announcement for P4AU ver. 2.00?

It'll be exciting, for sure. I wonder if we'll get any crazy surprises.

30 hours? Are they gonna play through the game? lol

Lots of talking. When they announced this livestream they also posted links so that fans can tell them their favorite song and character. And in the case of the character they tell you to leave your username and give a short description as it may be read out on the stream. There will probably be a Persona Stalker Club broadcast during it as well.

They also teased that they've signed a big artist for P4D. So we may hear who that is. Yasutaka Nakata would be a great pickup for them, but i'm not sure if they could get him.

So the livestream will probably peak around 4:30am ET, based on what the OP says about it overlapping with the start of the Persona Music Live concert at 6:30pm JT. Great. Don't really want to stay up late/wake up early but I can't miss the rollercoaster that was the 2013 reveal. I've never seen a better reveal, trolling and all. It was a masterpiece.

Also: Nakata would be nuts. Thinking smaller: you think they'd get someone like tofubeats? Or is that too small?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I hope for a new Persona spinoff for Vita that is more in line with the series than P4D(a jrpg or similar, maybe a srpg?), or Persona 5.

Ryan95

Perhaps merchandise but, legally, I actually don't think they can stream anything concerning Persona 3 The Movie unless the whole stream is region locked, which I'm certain it won't be.

P5 and P4D are very likely though, yeah.

- Persona 5
- Persona 4: Dancing All Night (along with the vote for best music)
- Some stuff showing off Persona 4 The Golden: The Best (along with the vote for favorite P4G character)
- Maybe a console announcement for P4AU ver. 2.00?

It'll be exciting, for sure. I wonder if we'll get any crazy surprises.

Didn't they already show some P3Movie merchandise in the last region-unlocked stream? I remember seeing some stuff in the last nico-nico brodcast.

FluxWaveZ

Didn't they already show some P3Movie merchandise in the last region-unlocked stream? I remember seeing some stuff in the last nico-nico brodcast.

Which broadcast are you talking about? If you mean the Datsu Nugu one, that one was region locked.

Or you mean Persona Stalker Club? Either way, yeah, they could very well show off P3M merch on a region-unlocked stream. What I meant was any footage from the movies themselves.

tumblr_n362bjvBW71sfefceo1_400.gif

I'm ready.

So how long is the actual news segment? Surely most of those30 hours is that concert. I...I can't watch a conference for 30 hours!

Comeon persona 3 velvet for vita
Yes please. Just got into the Persona series with 4 Golden and would love a Vita version to have the cutscenes and other things aswell as trophies since thats a great indicator for 100% Golden.

Atlus-sama please toy with my emotions again.
lol. Wasn't into Persona last time but I readthrough that. Hopefully it happens again since it'll just mean more Persona games, :D

That's "dudette" and yeah, but I didn't think for a vague "wish" I had to specify that the female protagonist wouldn't be carbon-copy story of male counterpart and thus not necessarily a niece.
My bad, I don't use dude as a gender specific term. I was under the assumption that given how the FemMC and MaleMC from P3 are from the same background, the same could be said for a female P4 character. That mistake's on me.

Realistically speaking, what do you guys expect to see in regards of Persona 5? Another teaser/anime trailer? Or maybe finally some gameplay?

Why exactly does this need to be 30 hours long? No one is going to watch the whole thing, why not just break it down to the important announcements and some choice trolls and make it like an hour or something?

DNAbro

Realistically speaking, what do you guys expect to see in regards of Persona 5? Another teaser/anime trailer? Or maybe finally some gameplay?

it would make sense for a full unveiling

Why exactly does this need to be 30 hours long? No one is going to watch the whole thing, why not just break it down to the important announcements and some choice trolls and make it like an hour or something?

It's called hype. Expect the announcements at the end.

Drop

I'm so excited, last time Atlus set the trolling standard really high, beating that is going to be hard.

koutoru

As usually the case with these live streams, don't expect any major news to be announced until the very end of the live stream/concert.

Also: Nakata would be nuts. Thinking smaller: you think they'd get someone like tofubeats? Or is that too small?

They have Tetsuya Komura on board as well, so they've netted one big name. Nataka's obviously another story. He always seems super busy. But they may not even be referring to another person from the music industry. It could be someone like Yuzo Koshiro, who'd still fit the game quite well.

I'm guessing it's going to be another teaser.

If the game is coming out this year, then teasers should be a thing of the past. Aside from maybe a character teaser after a nice reveal of the game. We also have the reveal from IGN coming up next month. They said that they visited Japan and saw two games. One from Sony Japan (most likely Bloodborne) and another from a studio that they couldn't mention. Now that could obviously be anyone, but the timing seems right for P5. And the fact that they couldn't mention the other studios name may be telling as well. Sony Japan obviously has several announced titles, so even though it's probably BB, we can't be for sure. But if they would've said Atlus, then that would be really easy to narrow down.

//ARCANUM

A 30 hours live stream? That seems a little short for Atlus. Figured they could at least get it to 60. Come on guys.

Neku89

I caved in due to Persona hype and bought FES on PSN.

That'll mean that P3 Vita will be announced and released shortly. D:

Top Bottom