• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PewDiePie calls someone a "fucking n****r" during PUBG livestream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminder that Boogie said that JonTron was "trying on new ideas" when he said things like "immigrants dilute the gene pool", inferred that black people were predisposed to crime and started ranting about "globalists".

Boogie is a piece of shit

MrBadger

EuWMP8Z.png

I would think that the "people caught in the middle" are the people losing ad money because of huge youtubers making the site look bad...

Surfinn

What I don't get:

How people can strangely defend this as "it's just in a game"

So

This would have been less acceptable sitting on a bench when you miss the bus? Or if you stub your toe walking in the door?

Such a bizarre justification

Why even dedicate a thread to this person? This isn't anything new.

Not to shit on your parade, but ignoring these moments and not dedicating a thread enables this shit. Folks need to know who they worship and throw their money or their parents' hard earned money at.

I'd gladly take a comprehensive list of who to ignore.

And yes, this isn't anything new, yet here we are.

Carcetti

I was already going 'are all tubers horrid shits' but at least AngryJoe is rising above the tube scum with style. Thumbs up for him.

Caboose

Where are these casual racists that are now attacking PDP? Is there a bit of proof backing up that claim?

Lirik is assuming everyone is a casual racist, and writing them off as such. Seems like he may be projecting.

Well no actual proof of course, but anecdotally I know a lot of people that use the TriHard emote whenever a black person pops up on stream that don't really realize they're being diet racists, they just use the emote for light trolling and don't think anything else of it. They don't have bad intentions necessarily, they're just ignorant ofc.

MKIL65

I swear if Lobos Jr is a fucking racist as well I am done with all Twitch/ YT fucks.

Don't worry. Have you read his Chat Rules?

One of them says "Racist, homophobic & generally disrespectful actions will not be tolerated"

He's also one of the only Twitch streamers that I follow.

Walshicus

Boogie's unyielding centrist i-refuse-to-ever-take-a-side or have any opinions "stance" is beyond eye roll worthy. Guy comes across as having nothing interesting to say ever except wanting to preserve the status quo.

I think he thinks he's being smart and rational but doesn't realize he's not being helpful at all with these bread sandwich responses.

Who was it who once said "the gentleman has sat on the fence so long the iron has entered his soul"?

I would think that the "people caught in the middle" are the people losing ad money because of huge youtubers making the site look bad...

Catches himself in the middle of it because controversy pays cash, complains about those caught in the middle and being a defense of them.

Boogie, you are forcefully shoving yourself in the middle, you fucking mark. There is no fucking middle ground for racism. Either you are, or you ain't.

Gestault

To spell this out politely, I think Boogie has difficulty discerning unwarranted hostility from the "bad feeling" he feels when confronted with legitimate criticism. People have a natural tendency to do it, but there's such a pronounced lack of self-awareness, and seeing one public figure going out of their way to defend disgusting behaviors from other public figures, the broader issue should be especially obvious when you understand their audiences.

Given the sad frequency of situations like this, Boogie is honestly a detriment to both society at large, and to those individuals reassured by his bizarre coddling of persistent bad behavior. I think this overshadows the body of his (unrelated) work. I hope he eventually overcomes this, because it might make a difference to people who themselves feel disenfranchised, and look to him for personal reassurance and guidance. He's sure done everything in his power thus far to reassure those who could probably use the direction that there are "many sides" to topics like white supremacy and racial hatred.

AndersK

Someday Boogie is gonna come face to face with the one defining morality test of his fence-sitting life: The fat-shaming, racist alt-righter

HEATED FENCE SITTING MOMENTS

rjinaz

Normal people to the left of me, racists to the right,
Here I am, stuck in the middle with Pew

This is awesome.

Whew jut made it through the thread. Certain people really want to justify the use of the N word. It's pretty amazing. You know in my youth I had some pretty bigoted views, but the one thing I never did and still have never done to this day, is use that word because I knew it was one of the worst things that I as a White person could ever say to another person. It's not that hard not to say it, it really isn't, nor should anybody ever want to say it, and those that do know exactly what they are doing.

The only people "caught in the middle" are actually good, progressive anti-racist Youtubers like Hbomberguy and Dan Olson who will nonetheless suffer the fall out of PDP's stupidity despite being firmly and vocally against it and wanting no association with people like PDP. Fencesitters trying to find a moral middle ground between being Too Racist and Too Not Racist deserve all the criticism they get.

Seriously, boogie's bullshit bothsidesism is even more infuriating than PDP imo. I never expected PDP to be anything other than a piece of shit but boogie is so fucking convinced he's this bastion of moral purity.

jf DOOM

Lol just saw a joker defending PDP by comparing what he did to Huckleberry Finn using the n word throughout. Asking if Mark Twain was racist. Now I've seen it all. 😂😂😂😂

joe2187

Banned
To spell this out politely, I think Boogie has difficulty discerning unwarranted hostility from the "bad feeling" he feels when confronted with legitimate criticism. People have a natural tendency to do it, but there's such a pronounced lack of self-awareness, and seeing one public figure going out of their way to defend disgusting behaviors from other public figures, the broader issue should be especially obvious when you understand their audiences.

Given the sad frequency of situations like this, Boogie is honestly a detriment to both society at large, and to those individuals reassured by his bizarre coddling of persistent bad behavior. I think this overshadows the body of his (unrelated) work. I hope he eventually overcomes this, because it might make a difference to people who themselves feel disenfranchised, and look to him for personal reassurance and guidance. He's sure done everything in his power thus far to reassure those who could probably use the direction that there are "many sides" to topics like white supremacy and racial hatred.

Moderates and centrists in general are nothing more than obstacles when it comes to progress, They are contributing nothing, while giving a shield to those who cause harm to them and others.

Less than useless.

https://twitter.com/LIRIK/status/907270174222569473

Yeah...both sides though.

Pretty sure which side he's on.

"I just don't understand why people get offended at the N word! I LITERALLY CANNOT UNDERSTAND IT!"

Everyone's gonna get the milkshake duck badge this week looks like.

Lol. All he had to do was to put a tweet out saying that PDP is a racist piece of shit and that you don't condone it. That's it. I don't even understand why he tweeted out those lame ass tweets, hot takes or not.

Sheltered idiot indeed and lol at people being too offended these days. Please Lirik.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom