• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Planet Nintnendo has an interview with Hudson. Three new games shown next month?

I wish Hudson would give us Americans Bomberman Story DS already.

Fantastical said:
Kororinpa 2 with balance boards support. (optional of course)

I'm horrified at the idea of people trying to flip the level with the Balance Board.

Opiate

I know this is another can of worms entirely, but I think I'm beginning to see significant signs of increasing developer focus on the Wii in Japan (please note: in Japan). A lot of companies, even those not coming to E3, have announced games in this time frame.

Of those, Tecmo, Hudson, Marvelous and Majesco have announced 0 projects for the 360 or PS3, and all have multiple Wii projects in development (the only game announced by these companies that is not on a Nintendo system is a single PSP game from Marvelous).

Again, I hope that doesn't seem too off topic or too inflammatory. I'm just noting that the recent spat of announcements do seem very Nintendo-heavy in Japan.

Opiate said:
I know this is another can of worms entirely, but I think I'm beginning to see significant signs of increasing developer focus on the Wii in Japan (please note: in Japan). A lot of companies, even those not coming to E3, have announced games in this time frame.

Of those, Tecmo, Hudson, Marvelous and Majesco have announced 0 projects for the 360 or PS3, and all have multiple Wii projects in development (the only game announced by these companies that is not on a Nintendo system is a single PSP game from Marvelous).

Again, I hope that doesn't seem too off topic or too inflammatory. I'm just noting that the recent spat of announcements do seem very Nintendo-heavy in Japan.

Majesco is American.

Opiate

Father_Brain said:
Majesco is American.

Are they really? I'm rather amazed, as some of their games seems very peculiarly Japanese (Cooking Mama being the most obvious).

Yep, you're right. Thanks for the correction.

joedick

Opiate said:
Are they really? I'm rather amazed, as some of their games seems very peculiarly Japanese (Cooking Mama being the most obvious).

Yep, you're right. Thanks for the correction.

Cooking Mama is Japanese. I think it was originally published in Japan by Taito.

GC|Simon

Haunted One said:
Kororinpa 2?

Day 1.

You're right man! I bought the prequel just because I felt so boring. But this game was offering me a feeling. It really flashed me. A sequel would be Day 1.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I can confirm that Hudson will be showing off some unannounced Wii games at E3. IDK if that's related to this news or not.

d+pad

I really hope they eventually announce Joysound for the NA market. I want some karaoke on WiiWare!

Oh, and I want a new Bonk game, but that should go without saying, right?

Osuwari said:
what about Mario Party 9?

oh yean Nintendo will be the one announcing that.

also, major typo on thread title.

Oops, I put "shown" instead of ""to be shown". :p

Remember, take this all with a grain of salt, but hopefully Hudson will announce these at E3, I didn't even know that they were going to be there! :D

Hope Bomberman Blast will be there as well! :D

I wonder if "Hard Working People" may be what "Pachinder" for Wii has become? It still goes by that name at their website, so maybe not?

OgnodoD

Kororinpa 2? Heck yes! I <3 you Hudson. <3, <3, <3 you. :)

I still want to get my hands on one of those cute stuffed animals.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
OH MY GOD KORORINPA 2!!!!!

Fantastic news, the original is one of my favorite Wii games... shit, the Wii is finally starting to get some awesome games. Was hoping for a new Tengai Makyo or Bonk though.

BDGAME

Sorry to bump this old thread, but I read about Kororinpa 2 only today.

Man, how I want this game. Day 1 for me too!

Speaking of Kororinpa - my game DVD broke and I need to buy another one. Where can I finding for a good price?

jesusraz

Hero of legend said:
They said they have no plans for a full version of Star Soldier R in their interview with Cubed3!
I actually wept when they said that :( But there's still hope of at least an expanded Caravan Mode game at some point...

NEO Frog

Banned
Hopefully the retail version of Wii Bomberman(with 8-player online) hits the US. They said it would be wiiware(multiplayer only) and retail(adventure-mode, more maps, mini-games).

I also want Alien Crush for WiiWare! Hopefully it does well and Ninty can release a new Metroid Pinball on WiiWare!

Sagitario

Last weekend I bought Mercury Meltdown Revolution believing it was the American name for Kororinpa, or at least Kororinpa was in my mind when I bought MMR... :lol

Is MMR any good? Sorry for the off-topic question...

The reviews seem to give the edge to MMR though...

Twig

Banned
Farore said:
Last weekend I bought Mercury Meltdown Revolution believing it was the American name for Kororinpa, or at least Kororinpa was in my mind when I bought MMR... :lol

MMR's pretty good, but they're different types of games. MMR is much more thinking-puzzle-ish and Kororinpa is much more action-puzzle-ish.

If that makes any sense. D:

Both are good games, though!

Blacktin0

Banned
Hudson/Eighting hurry up and make bloody roar 5 (or is it 6 now?) or bloody roar wii i dont give a fuck just make it please.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Holy shit, Kororinpa!? Incredible! Also, I can't believe how many other people here love that game. I thought I was the only person gay for marble games.

I finally tracked down a copy of Kororinpa in a store after about 6 months of looking. God, I love that game.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Dacvak said:
Holy shit, Kororinpa!? Incredible! Also, I can't believe how many other people here love that game. I thought I was the only person gay for marble games.

I finally tracked down a copy of Kororinpa in a store after about 6 months of looking. God, I love that game.

Did you get Mercury Meltdown Revolution for Wii yet? That's another good one...

Gwanatu T

Farore said:

MMR is good. I prefer the controls in Kororinpa over MMR because Kororinpa: Marble Mania (the full US title) is 1:1, as in you can turn the Wiimote upside down and the stage turns upside down, like Monkey Ball without the artificial tilt limit. MMR definitely has the edge on content though, as you can finish Kororinpa in one sitting and it'll probably take you quite a while longer with MMR, especially if you want to unlock the multiplayer games.

Twig

Banned
Gwanatu T said:
MMR is good. I prefer the controls in Kororinpa over MMR because Kororinpa: Marble Mania (the full US title) is 1:1, as in you can turn the Wiimote upside down and the stage turns upside down, like Monkey Ball without the artificial tilt limit.
That's not entirely true.

If you turn it all the way upside down, it gets wonky and out of control. The very "tip" of upside down, if you know what I mean.

In other words you can't do a perfectly smooth 360 flip.

But I have had fun getting the marble on the bottom of the level, before. Teehee.

camineet

Banned
Sir Alemeth said:
...but where's my Nectaris DS?

I'm feeling total, absolute despair on the lack of any word of a new Nectaris / Military Madness turn-based strategy game from Hudson. Whether it's on DS or elsewhere.

Top Bottom