• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visceral Games: We're keen to continue with Dead Space at a later date

Monkey Pants

Outpost Games Creative Director
It would almost assuredly be helmed by Ian Milham who was a major player in all three.

Ha! I'll make sure and show this to the bosses when the time comes. I appreciate your faith. Actually there's quite a few people here who are OG's from the Dead Space times.

GlamFM

Banned
3 wasn't bad at all. Even great if you played it with a friend in co op.

Overall Dead Space is probably my favorite new franchise to come out of last gen.

ironcreed

Banned
This is one of the series from last-gen that I want to go back to. I am going to pick up another PS3 pretty soon (because I sold mine like I dumbass) so I can.

dcelw540

There was Dead Space 3? You guys must be imagining it! Dead Space ended with DS2 and ended perfectly, I may add.
Actually....
at the end of dead space 2 there is a mysterious audio log that plays through the credits and they never continued with that storyline :(

KDC720

I like all 3, but DS2 remains one of my favorite games ever. A perfect blend of action and horror, it came oh so close to surpassing RE4 for me in that genre.

I'd love to see more Dead Space though, there are still some dangling plot threads and characters left to explore, and the ending of 3's DLC leaves things up in the air as well.

Sou Da

molydeux.jpg

What if the new Star Wars game they're making is a survival horror game featuring the Death Troopers? You play as an Imperial Engineer.

dr_rus

DS3 wasn't as bad as some of you're making it to look like. It was too long and ended the series plot in a somewhat stupid way. But I can't say that it was bad. It was certainly in the same league as DS2. DS1 is the only one great in the series IMO.

The question is how to proceed to DS4 now as presumably the necromorphs are gone. A new character and a completely new story?

The DS1 was one of the best games have ever played. Would be happy to return there. Enjoyed DS2 lot but missed out on DS3 with all the fan fare about micro transactions and gunplay. Would be great if there was a return to survival action like DS1.

I would absolutely love to see this. The DS series is so great. From the opening sequence of DS1 I was hooked. The things like a lack of traditional HUD were really something and I love the horror scifi aesthetic. I hope EA gives them the chance the potential is huge.

I recall reading someone talk about how EA was actively and maliciously trying to kill Visceral Games in a thread sometime during the week while I was at work (I think it may have been the List of studios that EA has killed thread or something).

I forgot to ask them what they meant by EA actively and maliciously trying to kill Visceral Games. What exactly did EA do that looked like it was maliciously trying to sink Dead Space 2 and 3?

I've never really understood the hate for the sequels either. I loved all 3 titles (for different reasons mind you. 2 and 3 were more actiony and 1 was a survival horror masterpiece). DS3's rewarded so much loot that the ability to purchase extra via micro transactions was completely unneeded and easily ignored. (And normally I out right hate micro transactions)

My biggest complaint was how you had to buy the "real" ending for DS3 as DLC.

Personally I can't wait though to see a new Dead Space game and I even wouldn't mind seeing a collection pack on xbox/ps4. Maybe even include Extraction it was great on Wii though I don't have a motion controller for the ps3 version. Hell I even loved the iOS Dead Space game. It played like what I would think a Dead Space title on PSP would play like.

KorrZ

Good - Dead Space 1 and 2 were honestly great games.

I'm definitely open minded regarding a Dead Space 4 if they can go back to the series roots. If i hear the words "Co-op", "Universal ammo", "Cover system" anywhere near a Dead Space 4 though I won't even bother.

Jito

Banned
I'm holding out hope then for a new Dead Space then. I imagine it'll be a reboot as there is no way they could continue on from the end of DS3
with tons of moon Necromorphs heading to earth?
Wat?

Oh and Dead Space 2 is best of the series, suck it haters.

Trogdor1123

They are all really good games but 1 and 2 are definitely better.

Im just happy with more of the series and maybe a conclusion that actually makes sense.

No zombie babies though please... they were way to f'ed up

Top Bottom