• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlatinumGames Community Thread | Platinum maintains its luster forever

Best Platinum boss fight?

Results are only viewable after voting.

abadguy

Banned
Looks like some small story details. Not much but i am interested in any new info on this game.

http://www.gamercenteronline.net/2015/06/04/scalebound-story-details-appear-a-magnificent-journey/

“New Odyssey invites the Director of Platinum games Kamiya Hideki, “SCALEBOUND”. Not yet seen far away. To a magnificent journey filled with risk. Discover where the rumbling and looming ago hordes of terrifying beasts come. And overwhelming violation then get Stipa 絶境 Holy beast, the Dragon. Last hope bond between he and you, this world to survive it would be–“ - See more at: http://www.gamercenteronline.net/20...r-a-magnificent-journey/#sthash.hMyy9zo5.dpuf

Nemmy

Didn't P* promise to reveal some new games in their New Year video? Come on now, give me something to get hyped about!

And please MGR2, do exist

So after buying Anarchy Reigns for 5$ in a sale a while ago, I finally decided to play. God, this game is really bad. The camera is way too zoomed in, the combat feels dull, the controls are weird and unresponsive and the hitstun is ridiculous. Just a disaster of a game. I did the first mission and the next one isn't on the map so I was just running around and realized you have to grind for points to get the next mission. I've just been mindlessly killing 3 types of scrub enemies with a horribly limited pool of moves for like 10 minutes and honestly, I don't think I can take anymore of this.

Even Korra was leagues better than this. At least now I can say I've played every Platinum game in existence.

Edit: Oh, and randomly some giant lizard monsters will appear and just kill you.

Ushiwaka

Didn't P* promise to reveal some new games in their New Year video? Come on now, give me something to get hyped about!

And please MGR2, do exist

Yup... 6 month in and still nothing.

Honestly, I'd be pretty disappointed if the only Platinum game we get at E3 is Scalebound. I'm really excited about Scalebound, but its not gonna make up for the silence PG has been on since Bayo 2's release. They are working on Scalebound, Hashimoto's new game, New Bayonetta stuff and probably MGR2 (if Konami hasn't cancelled it yet). I hope we see all of them in E3.

Ezalc

So after buying Anarchy Reigns for 5$ in a sale a while ago, I finally decided to play. God, this game is really bad. The camera is way too zoomed in, the combat feels dull, the controls are weird and unresponsive and the hitstun is ridiculous. Just a disaster of a game. I did the first mission and the next one isn't on the map so I was just running around and realized you have to grind for points to get the next mission. I've just been mindlessly killing 3 types of scrub enemies with a horribly limited pool of moves for like 10 minutes and honestly, I don't think I can take anymore of this.

Even Korra was leagues better than this. At least now I can say I've played every Platinum game in existence.

Edit: Oh, and randomly some giant lizard monsters will appear and just kill you.

Wow that sounds awful. Honestly the biggest reason why I didn't buy it was because it didn't have local multiplayer. Since I knew the online would be dead at least local could allow it to have some sort of replayability, but nope.

Yeah except it's Platinum's best game so no. Like all their other games you have to learn it's systems. Get good.

Golnei

Yeah except it's Platinum's best game so no. Like all their other games you have to learn it's systems. Get good.

I wouldn't award it quite that much praise, but since I had no opportunity to play it online I doubtlessly missed a large part of its appeal. It's still a really enjoyable (if unpolished) game, whose concept demands to be expanded on. A PC port would be perfect as well, it's almost criminal that no commercially available version of it or Vanquish run at 60FPS.

I wouldn't award it quite that much praise, but since I had no opportunity to play it online I doubtlessly missed a large part of its appeal. It's still a really enjoyable (if unpolished) game, whose concept demands to be expanded on. A PC port would be perfect as well, it's almost criminal that no commercially available version of it or Vanquish run at 60FPS.

The online was amazing. The most fun I've ever had in a game ever. I miss Anarchy Reigns so much.

Nemmy

Uh, no they don't. Sure they're tough as nails and basically a bunch of bosses thrown at you at the same time, but if you're getting "just killed" by them then you need to git gud.

Anarchy Reigns > Korra in every way IMO.

Just been announced that IGN will have first gameplay of an unannounced PG title.

http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2015/06/09/e3-2015-unnanounced-platinum-game-coming-to-e3

You awoke me and unleashed the hype within my heart!

Golnei

tumblr_noogymmpXQ1sd28eco1_500.jpg
tumblr_nou6oh1D8b1rx4alho1_r2_500.png

tumblr_np4r1im78Y1rt96zdo1_500.jpg
tumblr_noy09gqQEu1sa681ko1_r3_500.jpg

The background details of Bayonetta's universe have so much potential, it's a shame that they're doomed to be forever unexplored.

(http://joiskidraw.tumblr.com/post/119490348901/teacher-jeanne-be-a-good-student-now)
(http://art-by-your-average-jo.tumbl...16/come-to-mummy-note-man-rosa-youre-cool-but)
(http://xaienarts.tumblr.com/post/119736236935/oh-man-i-spent-way-too-long-on-something-that-was)
(http://hansmannette.tumblr.com/post/120213242625/did-i-draw-my-sagesona-showing-the-little-sages-in)

The online was amazing. The most fun I've ever had in a game ever. I miss Anarchy Reigns so much.

:\

I'll forever feel an indescribable sense of loss at the joy I never had the chance to experience. I hope there's some way for Platinum to revisit the basic concept sometime in the future. Or the series could be reborn as an otome game for Vita and mobile.

So moé~

Nemmy

I'll forever feel an indescribable sense of loss at the joy I never had the chance to experience. I hope there's some way for Platinum to revisit the basic concept sometime in the future. Or the series could be reborn as an otome game for Vita and mobile.

I never got a chance to play it online either. Just with CPUs :/

I feel like playing it again sometimes but my X360 is busted and I moved on. I just wish they made a cheap-ass port to PC and put it on Steam for 15$ or so. It should hit 60fps on a toaster these days. And at least someone would buy it. Maybe.

Ushiwaka

yeah its a shame... but lets not forget about this though:

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/549414238188355584

Imagine a Luman Sage spin off... It'd probably be faster than Bayo 1&2.

P.S: Rosa is in Bayo 2 right?

>tfw haven't played Bayo 2 yet

Okay, the lizards don't instantly kill you, but they are annoying as hell when they attack from offscreen and your character gets locked into a ridiculously long hitstun animation. Camera is way too zoomed and the whole game feels claustrophobic. This opening environment I'm in is so... dull. Wish they had continued the Madworld artstyle because these textures man...

Game was a mistake. Can't even just have fun doing boss fights and stuff because you gotta grind for points.

Uh, no they don't. Sure they're tough as nails and basically a bunch of bosses thrown at you at the same time, but if you're getting "just killed" by them then you need to git gud.

Anarchy Reigns > Korra in every way IMO.

You awoke me and unleashed the hype within my heart!

Anarchy Reigns certainly has far superior production values to Legend of Korra, and I'd probably consider it a better game if we're including (memories of) the multiplayer, but as a single-player game I think Korra is better. A lot of AR's higher-tier enemies are damage sponges who just aren't interesting to fight.

Nemmy

Anarchy Reigns certainly has far superior production values to Legend of Korra, and I'd probably consider it a better game if we're including (memories of) the multiplayer, but as a single-player game I think Korra is better. A lot of AR's higher-tier enemies are damage sponges who just aren't interesting to fight.

Honestly, I'd take AR over Korra's dull combo system and huge camera-breaking bosses.
My main issue with Korra is how little variation there is to anything. Like nearly all combo strings start the same so even if you do try to be creative it still looks like you're spamming the same stuff over and over again. With AR you at least get a lot of different characters, environmental stuff and so on to play with.
And I always thought AR's idea for singleplayer with those big open maps and optional missions was interesting. It just wasn't implemented all that well.

888eddyx

I'm actually excited for this. Not as much as I am for Scalebound, but still, damn. I love when talented studios make licensed games, because I feel like real love and effort in put into something that already has millions of fans and deserves love and effort.

Ushiwaka

Yup. Disappointing. At least I hope it brings some cash for Platinum.

Hashimoto where art thou

What are you working on

Gamescom pls come sooner

Scalebound pls be good

Konami go fuck yourself

Nemmy

So I guess Korra must have sold well enough despite its reviews if Activision signed another contract with P*? Ceirtanly good for them if so.

Scalebound pls be something

Fixed that for you :)
Seriously, there's been NO info on Scalebound whatsoever since what, a year now?

Ushiwaka

Fixed that for you :)
Seriously, there's been NO info on Scalebound whatsoever since what, a year now?

I really don't understand why Scalebound was not at E3. I mean, Microsoft's conference was not overflowing with games and Scalebound was announced a year ago, surely it had SOMETHING to show... Really stupid decision imo. If PG didn't have anything to show though, well color me surprised cause they work pretty fast.

Nemmy

I really don't understand why Scalebound was not at E3. I mean, Microsoft's conference was not overflowing with games and Scalebound was announced a year ago, surely it had SOMETHING to show... Really stupid decision imo. If PG didn't have anything to show though, well color me surprised cause they work pretty fast.

Honestly, it's getting me kind of worried if it's not going through some sort of dev hell situation. I have my faith in Kamiya and I have yet to see a bad game of his, but AFAIK we don't know anything about Platinum-MS cooperation and how it's going (aside from some Twitter complaints about marketing promo images).
I want to be proven wrong but withdrawing any sort of information about a game for a full year after reveal seems ridiculous if done for no particular reason.

Coda

Yeah it's a bit disheartening. I feel like Platinum is not getting the recognition they deserve even for this game. Even though it has that AAA vibe Microsoft isn't treating it that way. Platinum Games needs that blockbuster that the general public can endorse.

Golnei

god, e3 has been such a roller coaster for platinum fans. they have 4 games in development now? how???

Going from a licensed Transformers game to Star Fox to fucking NIER (with Taro, Okabe and Yoshida!) in the space of a few days is the best kind of meteoric rise I can imagine.

Clearly the reason why they can develop so many games simultaneously is that Scalebound is only starting development in 2016.

Regiruler

Going from a licensed Transformers game to Star Fox to fucking NIER (with Taro, Okabe and Yoshida!) in the space of a few days is the best kind of meteoric rise I can imagine.

Clearly the reason why they can develop so many games simultaneously is that Scalebound is only starting development in 2016.

another CG trailer to appear at gamescom confirmed

enjoy your 2018 release date!

Golnei

another CG trailer to appear at gamescom confirmed

enjoy your 2018 release date!

I'm sure it won't take too long to release after Platinum is booted from the project due to creative differences, after which whatever they managed to finish will be handed over to High Voltage to patch together in the rough approximation of a game.

Top Bottom