• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 3: Beyond the Doors Teaser Trailer 10.5.11 (what could this be?)

those 3D goggles?
their PS-branded 3D tv?
PS-brawl?
the date for Vita? (a stretch)

who dates an ad campaign? it's gotta be something else. it's not going to be a megaton or anything though. probably just a ton. or 1/2 ton. who knows.

Afrikan

i think its pretty obvious..

looks like the HOME relaunch....

those guys represent someone who is playing Resistance....then when he and his friend are done...they go to HOME for community shit, with other gamers from other games....

Bollocks

Afrikan said:
i think its pretty obvious..

looks like the HOME relaunch....

those guys represent someone who is playing Resistance....then when he and his friend are done...they go to HOME for community shit, with other gamers from other games....
m_night_shyamalan_01.jpg

Busty

Banned
I would have guessed it was the official launch of Sony's Xmas advertising campaign.

The timing would line up. Early October launch with a full roll out in early November.

|ync

I took the first frame of the gif and subtracted it from the last frame (it's not perfect because they do a tiny bit of pan and zoom)
uJMrh.jpg

Definitely a bald guy, probably kratos? I think that green patch on the left shoulder is the red tattoo (made green by the filter) and it looks like he has some armor or something on the right shoulder?

SykoTech

Insteresting stuff. Not gonna get too hyped though. Probably Home related, an ad campaign, or something else that I won't care about in the long run.

Levito said:
A Sony Smash bros game would be so awesome.

Now this, this I would care about....so it's not going to be that. =(

boingball

it is either
* ad for their new christmas ad campaign
* revamp of the PSN Store
* new FW removing support for 3rd party games (lol, just kidding)

With the focus on PS3 games I do not think it is Vita related.
Sony also said that they cannot support cross-game-chat.
I also don't think (well hope) that it is home related.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Maybe they're gonna announce the Vita release date! :O

All the franchises in the video are ones on Vita, I think, sans Kratos.

darkwing said:
i guess the question is, is it safe to board the hype train??

at 30:00 where you can see the woman and the wall behing her, there's a wanted, dead or alive poster and something about train robbery. I think there's a name too, but too blurry to read it out.

the more I think of "see beyond the doors" the more I think this might be the announcement of some kind of large event where the public can come and play up coming ps3 and vita games.

See beyond the doors.. meaning that at things like e3 average joe gamer cant get past the door.

chubigans said:
Maybe they're gonna announce the Vita release date! :O

All the franchises in the video are ones on Vita, I think, sans Kratos.

Metal Gear, Final Fantasy XIII, Twisted Metal is not on Vita (yet)

Omikaru

It seems odd that they'd use already released games to "announce" their new marketing push, so I have a suspicion that it's a bit more than that.

I'm not getting my hopes up though. I bet it's just a Home revamp that makes it just as boring and useless as it was before.

Omikaru said:
It seems odd that they'd use already released games to "announce" their new marketing push, so I have a suspicion that it's a bit more than that.

I'm not getting my hopes up though. I bet it's just a Home revamp that makes it just as boring and useless as it was before.

A Home revamp is actually coming soon.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/09/21/playstation-home-reboot-coming-soon/

will it be as boring and useless? we shall see when its out.

Omikaru

yeah it's gotta be the Home makeover.

doesn't seem like they would spend time/money at a trade show or conference for anything Home related these days. a teaser and then a press release + PSblog post is what we'll get.

edit: i'm going to go way out on a limb and predict Home access through Vita, regardless of how pointless and a waste a move like that would be.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Probably their holiday ad campaign. Lightning's sword at :40, heh. Sony is already advertising FFXIII-2 in their retail kiosks, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it appear in their holiday ad montages.

Synless

Takuya said:
Nope, it's on his left-eye. If you look closely you can see the 'line' where the red meets the white.
Sorry, I couldn't see it that well. I thought it looked like it was on the right side which is why I thought it was wrong.

FuuRe

A good home reboot would be a full real open world with cities and houses, you location on the globe would be based on your real location.

Also cars, airplanes, plazas, malls, possibilities to travel around the globe, sightseeing, build your own house a la The Sims, the trophy points would be the currency to get new furniture, etc...

Basically a The Sims 3 MMORPG, with integration to the console services (Games, avatars, messages, movies, picture sharing and whatnot)

Top Bottom