• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 3: Beyond the Doors Teaser Trailer 10.5.11 (what could this be?)

Dunk#7

Man said:
All shooters turning in their weapons for God of War 4.

For some reason your quote is the first to make me realize the overall theme of the commercial.

Two shooters are coming into a house with various other games and putting down their guns.

Maybe it really could be a Sony Smash Brothers. They are putting down their weapons for hand to hand combat.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Fantastic how they put a reference in the video to the Pirates meeting in the Pirates of the Carribean 3 movie

if Sony want to make cross over game with their franchises, I want it to be action adventure game like Kingdom Hearts where the main character hop between Sony world and do stuff. I don't want it to be a fighting game.

BlazingDarkness said:
When the date pops up at the end, look in the background, you can see something move

OH shit.

Bad ass commercial. wtf.

FuuRe said:
A good home reboot would be a full real open world with cities and houses, you location on the globe would be based on your real location.

Also cars, airplanes, plazas, malls, possibilities to travel around the globe, sightseeing, build your own house a la The Sims, the trophy points would be the currency to get new furniture, etc...

Basically a The Sims 3 MMORPG, with integration to the console services (Games, avatars, messages, movies, picture sharing and whatnot)

That shit would be amazing.

onQ123

Xplatformer said:

626-stitch.jpg

Danielsan said:
Even if it's just for their new add campaign. I thought it was really cool. Harkens back to the old creative Sony ad days.

It's almost certainly for an ad campaign. Kevin Butler posted about it on Twitter and it has the "Long Live Play" tagline. The only weird part about it is that it has references to old stuff like Parappa.

SolidSnakex said:
It's almost certainly for an ad campaign. Kevin Butler posted about it on Twitter and it has the "Long Live Play" tagline. The only weird part about it is that it has references to old stuff like Parappa.

PS2 games coming to PSN confirmed.

Edit: Beaten >:-(

TheHakku

Hanmik said:
a 2 is missing if you want it to be a PS2 tittle.
Yeah. Parappa 2 was a PS2 game. In addition, God of War (featuring Kratos) was never a PS1 title. ...So I'm still tossing that idea around. :/

funkystudent said:
the more I think of "see beyond the doors" the more I think this might be the announcement of some kind of large event where the public can come and play up coming ps3 and vita games.

See beyond the doors.. meaning that at things like e3 average joe gamer cant get past the door.
You just gave me an idea. What if this new Home thing allows users to play demos of all the games hinted at and many more within their respective home spaces and go "beyond the doors"?

htcloverboy said:
Can someone tell me which weapons these are?

Far Left is from Killzone Universe.

[G]http://www.abload.de/img/weapons4r4p.jpg[/IMG]

Second one from the left is Ratchet hammer, and last one is lightning sword in FFXIII

Can't see the other ones properly, probably resistance

thuway

Goddamit I don't give a fuck about a new ad campaign, and neither will most casual people who watch these commercials. Chances are if you know what is in these commercials, you probably already own a PS3 or are a fan of first party software.

Where iz my cwaiizy 2012 PS3 exclusivez?

darkwing

thuway said:
Goddamit I don't give a fuck about a new ad campaign, and neither will most casual people who watch these commercials. Chances are if you know what is in these commercials, you probably already own a PS3 or are a fan of first party software.

Where iz my cwaiizy 2012 PS3 exclusivez?

Starhawk
The Last Guardian
FFXIII V
Journey

thuway

darkwing said:
Starhawk
The Last Guardian
FFXIII V
Journey

I want my Uncharted esque blockbuster. 2012 is going to be the LUL Year. 2011 has had all the big names - Uncharted, Killzone, Infamous, and Little Big Planet. Nothing else is left. Santa Monica needs to reveal what they are up to.

Hanmik

thuway said:
I want my Uncharted esque blockbuster. 2012 is going to be the LUL Year. 2011 has had all the big names - Uncharted, Killzone, Infamous, and Little Big Planet. Nothing else is left. Santa Monica needs to reveal what they are up to.

damn you are mister negative.. everywhere you go you are mr. negative.. even in the 7.1 sony headset thread..

thuway

Hanmik said:
damn you are mister negative.. everywhere you go you are mr. negative.. even in the 7.1 sony headset thread..
Than you probably haven't realized that I am the biggest fan of Uncharted, I actually loved Killzone 3 despite GAF's collective unbounded hate, absolutely adore Little Big Planet, and Infamous 2 is probably my favorite open world game this gen.

I play games, I don't blindly worship corporate entities.

thuway said:

2012 is the year of Vita. Uncharted, Resistance, LBP, and hopefully Killzone all make it for 2012 release.

and you still got Twisted Metal, Starhawk, Sly 4, and many other for PS3 game.

thuway

Callibretto said:
2012 is the year of Vita. Uncharted, Resistance, LBP, and hopefully Killzone all make it for 2012 release.

I'm not going to argue with anyone about the relevance of what games I like, but none of those games are an Uncharted / Gran Turismo / God of War / Killzone / LBP level of awesome. They are stacks of second tier games. I digress. It is the year of Vita, and hopefully, Vita does some good for us, I just can't help but shake the feeling its a LUL Year and we're hyping ourselves up for nothing.

I would like to be wrong.

specialguy said:
Playstation 4.

You heard it here first.
I think the earliest we'll hear of this is TGS next year. E3 I think is too early.. unless they hold off for 2013 E3, but I think revealing it THAT late is a risky move. Too early, and they cut their PS3 sales, too late, and people will move onto the Wii U or maybe even NextBox. It's a matter of balance.

thuway said:
I'm not going to argue with anyone about the relevance of what games I like, but none of those games are an Uncharted / Gran Turismo / God of War / Killzone / LBP level of awesome. They are stacks of second tier games. I digress. It is the year of Vita, and hopefully, Vita does some good for us, I just can't help but shake the feeling its a LUL Year and we're hyping ourselves up for nothing.

I would like to be wrong.

at least wait until this year spike game award to see what Sony will bring for their 2012 blockbuster release. Uncharted 3 is first shown there isn't it?

thuway said:

Twisted Metal is 2012

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
If you go to http://www.youtube.com/user/PlayStation, the background says "Join the gathering 10.5.11"

If its the start of an ad campaign, why would it have a specific date? That specific "long live play" ad campaign started with the kevin butler no look flaming cross bow commercial. It's gotta be something of significance on that date.

My guess?
-Home Update

onQ123

Maybe PSN is about to start Cloud Gaming & we will be able to just play all the PlayStation games from the Cloud (for a price of course)

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Bad_Boy said:
It's gotta be something of significance on that date.

My guess?
-Home Update

First you say it's gotta be something of significance, then you say it's a Home update. You're contradicting yourself :|

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Combichristoffersen said:
First you say it's gotta be something of significance, then you say it's a Home update. You're contradicting yourself :|
I see what you did there.

I'm just saying, it seems more than just an ad campaign. Which already started in August...

Enosh

thuway said:
yeah, but 2013 is going to be awesome again ^^
well probably not since everyone (SP, ND, SM, GG) will do stuff for the "PS4", that is supposed to be announced somewhere around 2012/13 -.-

Callibretto said:
yeah, but if you are like me and don't really care about the vita or well pretty much the entire so far announced 2012 PS3 exclusive lineup it kinda looks bad

Top Bottom