• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 5 - UK Availability - SONY ?

jm89

All those have had stock over the last few weeks, and you shouldn't just be looking at major retailers.

Ps direct have bundles in stock, shopto and very are taking preorder for standalone bundles. If you want just the standalone, ps direct restock regularly.

Last edited:
you need to request invitation on Amazon

the problem is not going away any time soon. sony is selling all the PS5s they can make so they are happy. they don't give a fuck if it's going to a gamer or scalper. maybe in a year or two things will improve. i'm in no rush and i'm waiting for the new model coming out next year :) i'm not buying a 2020 model at this point lol.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
I honestly feel you have to be actively not trying to buy a ps5 or series X at this point if you're still moaning about stock availability.

They are VERY easy to get.

https://www.very.co.uk/gaming-dvd/playstation-consoles/e/b/124301.end

the only issue with ps5 is you tend to have to buy it with a game you probably don't want. (Horizon or FIFA & you have to pay the extra for the game too)

OP spend less time moaning and more time buying/playing.

& Very you can get the console 12 months interest free and they don't charge any interest. (You can often get 10% off too, or even a new customer deal)

& They have been in stock consistently for the entirety of 2022 pretty much.

Last edited:

jm89

You’d have to have been wilfully ignorant or technologically illiterate to not have been able to find plentiful stock over the past 3 months in the UK.
Yeah it takes minimum effort to find one at this point, people need to stop fixating on buying one through a major retailer.

I see people saying they reluctantly bought a £600+ bundle with stuff they don't want from currys, and ps direct have a standalone in stock for like a week lol.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Anyone scalping them at this point either has leftover "stock" or is an idiot. £499 RRP for a disc edition and they're going for £550 delivered. After eBay's cut, even on a good weekend, and after postage, that's about £15 profit max. Not even worth the time it takes to do it.

TheGecko

Banned
Product Date: Release date: 19 November 2020

Checking main UK retailers for consoles:

Argos, John Lewis, Amazon- all out of stock

Argos

John Lewis

Amazon

When is this problem going away, why is it still an issue ?
It's called bullshit. Sony are purposely holding back on units to create this feeling of a product being wanted more than it is. There is a line though and they crossed it last year. I'm personally done with them.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
the problem is not going away any time soon. sony is selling all the PS5s they can make so they are happy. they don't give a fuck if it's going to a gamer or scalper. maybe in a year or two things will improve. i'm in no rush and i'm waiting for the new model coming out next year :) i'm not buying a 2020 model at this point lol.
Haven't they already released 2 revisions so the models out there today are the 2022 revs? The rumor of the modular version may be as true as all those switch Pro rumors.

Edit: I don't mean to imply you should get one now, just that waiting for the 3rd revision is pointless. They probably won't even be releasing exclusives by then either.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Here in Media Markt there is always stock but it's always fucking bundles.
Happy I was able to preorder for normal price on release

TrebleShot

It's called bullshit. Sony are purposely holding back on units to create this feeling of a product being wanted more than it is. There is a line though and they crossed it last year. I'm personally done with them.
I could be wrong but Sony makes products to make money, they can’t make money if they withhold stock. Sense has alluded.

vivftp

LOL! Folks really gotta remember to put the "/s" at the end of their posts or else others will think they're actually serious. :LOL:

Anyways OP, PS5 stock has been continuously getting better since July and is on an upward trajectory. We know they plan to ship 18 million units this FY, and had a bit over 15 million to go for the remaining 3 quarters this FY. That's a reasonable chunk in itself. Next FY they're apparently aiming to ship a record amount of consoles, blowing past anything Sony's ever done before.

I honestly feel you have to be actively not trying to buy a ps5 or series X at this point if you're still moaning about stock availability.

They are VERY easy to get.

https://www.very.co.uk/gaming-dvd/playstation-consoles/e/b/124301.end

the only issue with ps5 is you tend to have to buy it with a game you probably don't want. (Horizon or FIFA & you have to pay the extra for the game too)

OP spend less time moaning and more time buying/playing.

& Very you can get the console 12 months interest free and they don't charge any interest. (You can often get 10% off too, or even a new customer deal)

& They have been in stock consistently for the entirety of 2022 pretty much.

Oh Fuck off !!

Here in NZ you won't get any of them instore unless you're following stock alert channels on Twitter that buzz you if there's anything in stores around the country and when you get that message, they're usually sold out within seconds. That's for both PS5 and Series X.

I've called numerous stores (NZ's biggest retailers) for stock availability over the last year and there's never any on the shelves in any stores. Either you sign up to get alerts via email, jump on twitter and follow alert channels or buy them x2 over retail price.

Last I called up the stores (last month) they had no idea when Sony's next shipment was due and haven't heard anything from them for months.

This VERY easy to get horseshit doesn't apply to every region.

I went to local game and got one. They had 30 odd in stock. Just phone up
GAME stores don't have phone numbers anymore though. I can't find my local stores number at all online.

EDIT: Scratch that, just rung up Sports Direct where my local store is and it worked. Guys wouldn't answer the phone when I was transferred though!

Last edited:

jm89

Oh Fuck off !!

Here in NZ you won't get any of them instore unless you're following stock alert channels on Twitter that buzz you if there's anything in stores around the country and when you get that message, they're usually sold out within seconds. That's for both PS5 and Series X.

I've called numerous stores (NZ's biggest retailers) for stock availability over the last year and there's never any on the shelves in any stores. Either you sign up to get alerts via email, jump on twitter and follow alert channels or buy them x2 over retail price.

Last I called up the stores (last month) they had no idea when Sony's next shipment was due and haven't heard anything from them for months.

I mean thread title says it all.

yurinka

I recently did check all the main retailers in Spain. No console available other than crazy people selling it for 800-100 euro on Amazon, or with giant bundles including like 3 games and Sony's headsets etc.

You’d have to have been wilfully ignorant or technologically illiterate to not have been able to find plentiful stock over the past 3 months in the UK.
It seems some people are so stubborn they won't buy a console until it's sitting on a shelf to be placed in a physical shopping cart.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
At this point, it’s a ‘you’ problem
It's not.
The fact is that you can't walk into a store or got to a website and just buy a ps5.
IT IS THERE but in the fucking bundles. Not everyone got money for that.
Stores got used to scalping themselves. Media Markt are scum

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Twitter showed lots of Walmart’s had them in stock yesterday. Looks like the shortage is over. Expect more in the uk next month.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Still don’t know how they’ve got the nerve to keep saying 825 gig SSD when you lose about 170 gig of that to system storage so you don’t get to use it. Ever.

Only FIFA bundles in stock at my local store. I’m not that desperate for one, I’ll hold out a week or so as there are more coming in stock elsewhere. I absolutely cannot stand FIFA.

SLB1904

Banned
Still don’t know how they’ve got the nerve to keep saying 825 gig SSD when you lose about 170 gig of that to system storage so you don’t get to use it. Ever.
But then with the kraken you get more out of it

feel-me-think-about-it.gif

Last edited:

vivftp

Do you get upset when a laptop is sold with a 1 TB SSD and the OS takes up a chunk of the storage?

Did you complain when the PS4 came with a 500 GB HDD and nearly 100 GB was taken up by the OS?

This ain't exactly something new so I'm unsure why you think Sony has the "nerve" to do what every company in the past few decades has done.

Jaybe

Oh Fuck off !!

Thread title says UK. He gives a helpful link for a UK purchase. And you bring up NZ and say fuck off?

aZ8PHna.jpg

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Best console and you have to feed your population the best, take a page out of apple’s playbook and open more factories the iPhone is successful because of availability.

anthony2690

Banned
Oh Fuck off !!

You okay?

This is very clearly a thread about UK stock availability.

I don't care about you Jandal fuckers. ;)

Last edited:
you need to request invitation on Amazon

Chad move. Patience is a virtue. No real compelling exclusives, hardware drawbacks and price rise. Sony playing too hard to get, no inanimate thing should get this much priority. Wait for a slim version, by that time, there might be some games worthy of play.

Last edited:
I don’t think that’s the case at all, but no one is going to ask you to take your tin hat off. Supplies have been an issue and that’s just how it is.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Or I could just wait for a standalone or bundle I want.

If I really wanted the console, like really wanted it I would happily pay 30 to 50 quid over standalone price to get a copy of horizon or fifa and just sell it on.

I don't play fifa but I'd still grab it and just sell it someone for 30 squid or so.

Top Bottom