• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 5 - UK Availability - SONY ?

If stock was as bad as it was this tIme really last year in the UK, then I’d have bit the bullet and just ordered it with FIFA. Stock has been pretty good though, Sony have had a bunch of them over the last couple weeks and Shopto have got orders coming in for delivery around the 28th. I do really want one (really just for GoW and VR next year) but I can wait up to a few more weeks.

Kuranghi

It's called bullshit. Sony are purposely holding back on units to create this feeling of a product being wanted more than it is. There is a line though and they crossed it last year. I'm personally done with them.

Lying Season 4 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

If they could they would want to get more units out there and start making money off software sales. Your brain dun broke, sir/madam:

season 14 episode 3 GIF

vivftp

Yup Sony love them scalper sales, fuck the gamers with PSN Accounts though right.

Doubling down on this nonsense?

So if Sony does aim for 30.5 million PS5's next year as is rumored, or even 23+ million PS5's to surpass the PS4 sales curve per their stated intentions, then what conspiracy theory will you come up with?

TheGecko

Banned
Doubling down on this nonsense?

So if Sony does aim for 30.5 million PS5's next year as is rumored, or even 23+ million PS5's to surpass the PS4 sales curve per their stated intentions, then what conspiracy theory will you come up with?
They aren't in the hands of gamers, but you keep being a little pusher for Sony.

Calverz

This is why scalpers can't be bothered anymore.

There's no profit left.
Yea I briefly looked on eBay to see what they were going for and new ones were roughly £500ish. Once I took into account mine was pre owned, the eBay fees, the hassle of postage etc and the risk, it wasn’t worth it. Interestingly cex were offering the same for cash as they did for voucher.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
It's called bullshit. Sony are purposely holding back on units to create this feeling of a product being wanted more than it is. There is a line though and they crossed it last year. I'm personally done with them.
Do you really think they would do that?

There’s a global supply constraint on semiconductors for basically every electronic device. GPU’s have been on the rise for the last few years etc etc.

I think they want to sell as many PS5’s as possible but just can’t at present.

b0uncyfr0

I see a good deal on Amazon but it's almost too good to be true :

How can I tell if it's a scam..? Amazon has good protection against that right..?

Kagey K

Banned
Yes there is, people with legitimate PSN accounts should be able to buy one before a scalper. But they don't give a fuck.
They are virtually everywhere now.

I see retailers trying to drum up in store hype, but it looks like stock finally caught up.

Maybe that price hike was the cooking factor they needed.

Last edited:
Yes there is, people with legitimate PSN accounts should be able to buy one before a scalper. But they don't give a fuck.

Sonys been increasing supply. That's how they are dealing with the scalping. Once supply is closer to demand scalpers can't take advantage of the lack of supply. Which is what's been happening with scalpers having to lower their prices.

So you see the PS5s demand is very real and its selling extremely well. This holiday should be quite interesting for them.

TheGecko

Banned
Sonys been increasing supply. That's how they are dealing with the scalping. Once supply is closer to demand scalpers can't take advantage of the lack of supply. Which is what's been happening with scalpers having to lower their prices.

So you see the PS5s demand is very real and its selling extremely well. This holiday should be quite interesting for them.
And there you have it. Two replies both covering for Sony not giving a damn.

I gave a way to do it, you make excuses for them. But but but...

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space

They limit sales via their direct website to one console per household. Which has had a FIFA bundle in stock the entire weekend. What exactly do you want them to do beyond that? Stop selling at every third party retailer globally or beg them to follow the same rule?

Neither of the other big boys would or should do the same thing, Microsoft have no need because there's far less demand, and Nintendo definitely do not do it with the Switch. That thing was hard to find at times late last year and it came out in 2017.

TheGecko

Banned
They limit sales via their direct website to one console per household. Which has had a FIFA bundle in stock the entire weekend. What exactly do you want them to do beyond that? Stop selling at every third party retailer globally or beg them to follow the same rule?

Neither of the other big boys would or should do the same thing, Microsoft have no need because there's far less demand, and Nintendo definitely do not do it with the Switch. That thing was hard to find at times late last year and it came out in 2017.
It's fake demand! That's the point. What's point of saying Sony have sold 500 million PS5'ss when 480 million of them are sitting with scalpers. Obviously numbers for exaggeration purposes.

Last edited:

Three

During launch they offered this. If you're that concerned though just go to PS Direct and order one. You'll be placed in a queue and will get one at RRP within a month or so.
It's fake demand! That's the point. What's point of saying Sony have sold 500 million PS5'ss when 480 million of them are sitting with scalpers. Obviously numbers for exaggeration purposes.
Scalpers wouldn't be buying them if people didn't buy them meaning they are not sitting in the hands of scalpers. It's not fake demand.

Last edited:

TheGecko

Banned
During launch they offered this. If you're that concerned though just go to PS Direct and order one. You'll be placed in a queue and will get one at RRP within a month or so.

Scalpers wouldn't be buying them if people didn't buy them meaning they are not sitting in the hands of scalpers. It's not fake demand.
Really? Go look on ebay.

Kagey K

Banned

Scalping is risk free with consumer rights now.

Buy it, hold it for 30 days, return it and buy it again. If it doesn't sell, return it.

They will buy it now, and hope it's hard to get at Xmas again

The holidays will drive the prices back up, if you can corner the market.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space

Why do you think scalpers were buying them in the first place exactly? Because they were so in-demand from The Gamers™ that they could sell as many as they could get their hands on at the time. Do you seriously think scalpers are sat on hundreds of PS5s..? They're barely making a profit on each system now, it's just not worth it. They're lucky to sell them for more than £15 profit each.

Really? Go look on ebay.

Anyone paying eBay prices for a PS5 right now is a colossal dumbass. They're available RIGHT NOW directly via the Playstation site in a Fifa bundle - buy bundle, sell Fifa on eBay, job done. That bundle has been available in England the entire weekend. People are just insanely lazy and can't be bothered to look on a website other than Amazon and eBay.

TheGecko

Banned
Why do you think scalpers were buying them in the first place exactly? Because they were so in-demand from The Gamers™ that they could sell as many as they could get their hands on at the time. Do you seriously think scalpers are sat on hundreds of PS5s..? They're barely making a profit on each system now, it's just not worth it. They're lucky to sell them for more than £15 profit each.

Anyone paying eBay prices for a PS5 right now is a colossal dumbass. They're available RIGHT NOW directly via the Playstation site in a Fifa bundle - buy bundle, sell Fifa on eBay, job done. That bundle has been available in England the entire weekend. People are just insanely lazy and can't be bothered to look on a website other than Amazon and eBay.
Donald Trump GIF by reactionseditor

TheGecko

Banned
Says all it needs to.

Again, here's a helping hand to anyone in the UK who thinks they're "hard to get because scalpers":

[/URL][/URL][/URL

Says all it needs to.

Again, here's a helping hand to anyone in the UK who thinks they're "hard to get because scalpers":

[/URL][/URL]

I don't want FIFA. So big mouth, link me where I can buy or go straight into a shop in the UK and get rrp PS5 disc or digital and I'll buy it.

I'll wait....

Last edited:

AV

I don't want FIFA. So big mouth, link me where I can buy or go straight into a shop in the UK and get rrp PS5 disc or digital.

I'll wait....

You can sell the Fifa + Ultimate Team code on eBay to cover the difference. There were twelve sold yesterday by people doing this exact thing and already one this morning. Curry's also have six other more expensive bundles available where you could pick and choose items to keep or sell.

If a person is too lazy or stupid to do something as simple as selling a game code on eBay in 2022 then nobody can help them. They won't be happy until Jim Ryan hand delivers them a console.

TheGecko

Banned
You can sell the Fifa + Ultimate Team code on eBay to cover the difference. There were twelve sold yesterday by people doing this exact thing and already one this morning. Curry's also have six other more expensive bundles available where you could pick and choose items to keep or sell.

If a person is too lazy or stupid to do something as simple as selling a game code on eBay in 2022 then nobody can help them. They won't be happy until Jim Ryan hand delivers them a console.
More excuses.

AV

More excuses.

Exactly what I say to anyone who wants one and still hasn't got one.

You literally don't even want one, you just want something to complain about, and to come up with insane tinfoil hat theories about Sony artificially limiting stock in the middle of a huge global chip shortage which is also massively affecting Nintendo and GPU sellers.

You do you, boo, but PS5s aren't hard to get hold of in England and haven't been for a long time.

TheGecko

Banned
Exactly what I say to anyone who wants one and still hasn't got one.

You literally don't even want one, you just want something to complain about, and to come up with insane tinfoil hat theories about Sony artificially limiting stock in the middle of a huge global chip shortage which is also massively affecting Nintendo and GPU sellers.

You do you, boo, but PS5s aren't hard to get hold of in England and haven't been for a long time.
I gave two to my neice and nephew.

The discussion is about availability, your answer is to get scalped by scalpers or store bundle scalpers.

No thanks.

Mr.ODST

Ive ordered over 12 PS5's for friends in the last 3 months, its always pretty much in stock not sure how your finding it hard?

AV

The discussion is about availability, your answer is to get scalped by scalpers or store bundle scalpers.

Yeah, Sony directly selling a bundle with one game you can resell the day after, big scawy scalpers. Literally just set up a stock alert like any other other popular item.

God forbid these people ever try and buy popular concert tickets, they'll have an aneurysm when they realise other people who put in any modicum of effort get them instead.

Where are all these magical PS5'S All I'm seeing is excuses, go get scalped and buy a bundle, go do this go in a que go get an invitation.

What a crock of shit.

Not really Sony keeps selling them and giving us numbers. The PS5 is selling just fine. Also they are easier to get than before and nows the chance for you to join in.

I've been looking out for places to buy a PS5 (in the UK) over the last few months and it hasn't been difficult; I signed up for alerts on HotUKDeals and every 2 (or so) weeks there have alerts about PS5s in stock at places like ShopTo.

I predict I'll have one by the end of the month in time for Ragnarok.

b0uncyfr0

I caved, and ordered a PS5 + FW from amazon germany.

Let's see if I didn't get scammed :(

edit: It was cancelled, fml.

Last edited:
Yesterday when I was out it was available everywhere (gamestop was still pushing a shitty 2nd Dualsense bundle) but the rest were just the Horizon bundle.
IY6rsGW.jpg

Finally in NZ there's stock but its all bundles.

PS5 Disc Edition + Horizon FW
PS5 Disc Edition + Fifa 23

Neither of those interest me and I don't want this version of PS5.

Top Bottom