• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale gone gold ; final boss revealed

Drencrom

For everyone asking who Polygon Man is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygon_Man

Phil Harrison, head of Sony's European game publishing business, recollected the reaction of Ken Kutaragi, global head of the PlayStation brand, when Kutaragi saw the Polygon Man for the first time.
“I remember walking onto the E3 booth in 1995 with Ken and seeing the Polygon Man design on the side of the booth. Ken just went absolutely insane,” says Harrison. Kutaragi was upset that SCEA was spending its limited budget on an alternative brand. “But the thing that really upset Ken was that the Polygon Man design wasn’t Gouraud shaded, it was flat shaded! So Polygon Man was taken out into the car park and quietly shot.”

Krazy Ken is rolling in his grave

Xater

No one outside of Asia knows who Toro is, so I don't think that'll really matter. He's a menacing looking character and provided they have a history section in the game it'll become clear enough.

I knew who Toro was. I am more aware of an actual character than a failed marketing tool. What I agree with is that they need a history section ala Smash Bros Trophies.

I'm satisfied at Polygon Man being the big baddie. Was expecting something underwhelming like Dr. Nefarious. And that trailer is ace.

Xater

Oh and yeah this is a pretty well done intro. Still don't think anything Sony released so far will help this game sell. Outside of one GAF thread there is zero hype around this game and I think Sony is doing a terrible job promoting it.

prwxv3

Nice intro. Wish they used original music. The OST so far does sound pretty good though (though the tracks might not be composed correctly)

Penguin

That is a damned good trailer.

We should have been seeing stuff of that quality 6 months ago. There'd be a lot more hype.

This is my thought

Should have had something like this with the reveal and e3 and all that.

It is really well done and finally shows them interacting in a meaningful way to get people excited for the game

Ah so the rivalry's are kinda based on playstyle of the games. Ratchet and CLank vs jak and daxter... Dante vs Nariko.. Sly vs Drake.

The song choice is a bit off because Fifa 13 also has that song.

KalBalboa

Banned
What a truly badass trailer. Seeing all the rivalries combined with the full theme song does wonders, not to mention Polygon Man!

8164223350_d3c3dbbf53_o.jpg

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
PSY・S just made this in the other thread.

i1fwj5zUJOuWU.gif

Xater

Pretty much. If this game sells, it will be because of word of mouth instead of Sony's marketing. Just like every game developed or published by Sony that isn't called God of War or Gran Turismo.

On topic, that intro is really awesome.

I would add Uncharted to that list.

Takao

Banned
Ah so the rivalry's are kinda based on playstyle of the games. Ratchet and CLank vs jak and daxter... Dante vs Nariko.. Sly vs Drake.

I think that's the general idea, but then you have Kratos vs. Sweet Tooth due to the Jaffe connection, and Parappa is nothing like an Ape Escape game, lol.

mantidor

The only way a white glove will be iconic is if it has a black arm attached to it.

White gloves are a thing in Japan as far as I remember, police men use them, taxi drivers, etc, even Mario: P I always saw master hand as that kind of glove.

I had no idea the game had bioshock, is that a sony property?

Top Bottom