• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Drencrom

I guess the "no guns" rule means Rudy Roughknight is out too. Fuck.

We already have Resistance representation in the game with a Resistance stage, Resistance mash-up in timestation, items, icons etc

That's mostly why I don't want a Chimera character.

J-Tier

Chimera would be okay if they somehow incorporated the hivemind kinda thing, where basically you've got control of the "entire army" in the moveset. Otherwise, we could do with out it--

--though I wouldn't turn down another free character, just so many others that I personally feel have more "priority", characters who completely represent titles from Playstation's past mainly.

Ploid 3.0

You people seriously suggesting a generic Chimera as a playable character make me ill.

The whole interesting tech behind Resistance series is because of the Chimera. They're more varied than Drake, Big Daddy, etc. Heck they could cause their buddies to get in on the action which can't think properly, like the swarm, the exploding chargers. They have unique weapons and abilities. Hale is just picking them up.

For bullseye it can be a one command thing where you shoot the mark straight and the trailing volley of shots come out after following the target if it connected.

I want the next DLC duo to be focused on the classic-era of PS1, as a polar opposite to the forthcoming batch which seems very centered on current-gen with Gravity Rush, Starhawk and Heavenly Sword all being represented. So to counter that, how about Robbit and Alundra, or Robbit and Rose, or Robbit and Vibri, or Robbit and Robbit.

J-Tier

I want the next DLC duo to be focused on the classic-era of PS1, as a polar opposite to the forthcoming batch which seems very centered on current-gen with Gravity Rush, Starhawk and Heavenly Sword all being represented. So to counter that, how about Robbit and Alundra, or Robbit and Rose, or Robbit and Vibri, or Robbit and Robbit.

How about Robbit?

KalBalboa

Banned

Robbit & Abe would be pretty ace.

Nahman Jayhden >>>>>>> Chimera/Ethan Mars/Jen Tate

Damn straight. Screw Ethan; get Nahman on the jahb instead. Level 3 - everyone gets supermarket chickens flying at their faces, leaving them vulnerable for a kill.

Norman_and_the_chicken_fight_by_SchokoMilch.jpg

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Jason should be playable. Every time he gets killed by a super, Ethan pops up and screams out his name.

9688.jpg

I think he should be playable character because he would have great phoenix wright gimmick where he would have a moveset based on his "hallucination" and holograph items.

KevinCow

Banned
If there's a Heavy Rain character, one of their attacks needs to be pronouncing Origami wrong. Because Jesus damn, I think they pronounced that word correctly once in the entire game.

Eugh, searching for 'Norman Jayden Chicken' on google images has revealed that fans are truly partial to shipping Norman and Carter Blake as a couple. What the fuck is wrong with you internet.

B.O.O.M

They're guns. I don't care how creative they are (and believe me, the guns in Resistance are my favorite in any FPS), it's another character whose moveset while revolve around shooting people with guns. There are plenty of first party characters to pick and choose from without having to resort to another gun user.

I still think a chimera can be interesting. it's not just the guns but they can use the story for the moves too. Like one attack converting one of the other players into your ally (like heiachi's kuma lvl 2) to attack the others etc.

But yea no point in discussing it, we won't see a resistance character.

Vysetron

Neo Member
If I get Tomba I will play the everloving shit out of him. Everyone will get head-bit. Anybody else is icing. But like, good icing. Like cream cheese frosting. Delicious. Basically I'm always down for more content, especially characters, no matter what they're from.

Also, am I the only one who really wants to try Emmet? Calling in air drops for items sounds fun as shit, if not very efficient.

Yeah Tomba would make a great characters, it's pretty different from most of the roster.

I want The Last Guy as part of the rooster
The-Last-Guy_VER2_PSNboxart_160w.jpg

I don't think they'll do prinny. After all they did spike instead of a typical monkey. I'd have prefered a monkey much much more.

TheMink

I still think a chimera can be interesting. it's not just the guns but they can use the story for the moves too. Like one attack converting one of the other players into your ally (like heiachi's kuma lvl 2) to attack the others etc.

But yea no point in discussing it, we won't see a resistance character.

Im mean, do you guys really want a chimera? Or are you simply debating that it could potentially have a cool moveset.

Personally I'm absolutely loving Parappa in this game, guys. His whole demeanour is like he doesn't give a fuck about the fight, he's just trying to drum up publicity for his next album.

Creative playstyles are definitely Superbot's forte, especially when looking at Sackboy, Drake etc. If anyone can make Kat, Emmett, and some of the rumoured ones like Abe work, it's these guys.

DigitalOp

Banned
If I get Tomba I will play the everloving shit out of him. Everyone will get head-bit. Anybody else is icing. But like, good icing. Like cream cheese frosting. Delicious. Basically I'm always down for more content, especially characters, no matter what they're from.

Also, am I the only one who really wants to try Emmet? Calling in air drops for items sounds fun as shit, if not very efficient.

Unless its droppin on these muthasukkas domes!!!

CRUMPLE STATES HOE!!!

Skyzard

Banned
Personally I'm absolutely loving Parappa in this game, guys. His whole demeanour is like he doesn't give a fuck about the fight, he's just trying to drum up publicity for his next album.

Creative playstyles are definitely Superbot's forte, especially when looking at Sackboy, Drake etc. If anyone can make Kat, Emmett, and some of the rumoured ones like Abe work, it's these guys.

Haha that's exactly what he's like in this. Glad you're enjoying him, had fun with him in the open beta, will give him another go. Need to mix it up a bit, Heihachi is frustrating and raiden is just heihachi on steroids.

No Kiryu Kazuma love? I see i need to reequip my Team Kiryu avvy. If they do any more third party reps, he should be on the shortlist.

He could be a brawler similar to Heihachi, but with a strong emphasis on using improvised weapons like golf clubs, baseball bats, bicycles, trash cans, bowling balls, street signs, and so on.

Level 1 super - Komaki Tiger Drop

Level 2 super - He calls in Majima to do some serious damage.

Level 3 super - He gets drunk and sings Kamurocho Lullaby until everyone explodes from the awesomeness.

Anyway, i've been trying out Drake online earlier and got owned by a really good Sackboy player in FFA. Still had a great time coming in second though, thanks to a short tempered Kratos player. Without going specifically after him, i killed him a few times and also made him miss several level 1 supers, while he kept mumbling something. After rolling past another level 1 super and countering with my own level 1 to kill him for the 5th time, he loudly exclaimed "Fuck you!", which really cracked me up. :)

Mr. Fix

Dude after a long time playing Brawl. This game is already better.

Holy shit. It's crazy, this game juggles like Tekken, FFA's like Brawl, has the practice mode settings that people come to expect in a Fighter game ala Street Fighter. I think the graphical interface is a little bland but that's alright the stages do not feel like that at all.

This is everything I wanted Brawl to be. I might be over reacting, but yo. I only just played it. Nintendo HAS to step up the next Smash since this released. They better get there online together too because if more people play this, yeah they might not recognize all the characters at first but yo they'll realize this is a much more flushed out game.

Wombo combo anyone xD

Yo I'll be looking to play this a lot if people are looking for some players. I played Brawl and Melee competitively so I'm pretty serious about this game.

AND HOLY FUCK DOES KRATOS GENERATE AP FAST.

Aside from the bolded:

mj-laughing.gif

Don't let the euphoria get to you too badly.

I'm surprised people want Abe. He looks so bad.

Hato-kun

Question, is anyone playing with an Arcade stick? I bought one recently, a Mad Catz SCV stick, and I can't seem to map anything to the R2 and L2 buttons?

I've been playing 2v2 games without being able to block or throw, so I'm getting a little tired of that. Anyone else having problems like this?

Mr. Fix

Question, is anyone playing with an Arcade stick? I bought one recently, a Mad Catz SCV stick, and I can't seem to map anything to the R2 and L2 buttons?

I've been playing 2v2 games without being able to block or throw, so I'm getting a little tired of that. Anyone else having problems like this?

You're probably better off using the controller. It's great for fighting games that actually use motions though.

Chimeras, Abe, and all that are great and everything, but Final Fantasy deserves a rep first. Even though I'm personally not the biggest fan of Cloud, he was THE face of PlayStation for a long time. I can't think of any more deserving "PlayStation All-Star."

Lightning would be a much cooler inclusion, but if Square allows SuperBot to use anyone, it'll invariably be Cloud. But I'll be happy with any FF rep in the end... I just hope we get one. I'm sure SuperBot is trying -- they know the fan desire is there.

I don't disagree with this. I just thought we were talking about characters we had to realistically settle for.

Chimeras, Abe, and all that are great and everything, but Final Fantasy deserves a rep first. Even though I'm personally not the biggest fan of Cloud, he was THE face of PlayStation for a long time. I can't think of any more deserving "PlayStation All-Star."

Lightning would be a much cooler inclusion, but if Square allows SuperBot to use anyone, it'll invariably be Cloud. But I'll be happy with any FF rep in the end... I just hope we get one. I'm sure SuperBot is trying -- they know the fan desire is there.

Skyzard

Banned

There is a setting for arcade stick in the controls actually, not bad.

SykoTech

Dude after a long time playing Brawl. This game is already better.

Holy shit. It's crazy, this game juggles like Tekken, FFA's like Brawl, has the practice mode settings that people come to expect in a Fighter game ala Street Fighter. I think the graphical interface is a little bland but that's alright the stages do not feel like that at all.

This is everything I wanted Brawl to be. I might be over reacting, but yo. I only just played it. Nintendo HAS to step up the next Smash since this released. They better get there online together too because if more people play this, yeah they might not recognize all the characters at first but yo they'll realize this is a much more flushed out game.

Wombo combo anyone xD

Yo I'll be looking to play this a lot if people are looking for some players. I played Brawl and Melee competitively so I'm pretty serious about this game.

AND HOLY FUCK DOES KRATOS GENERATE AP FAST.

I wouldn't say that this game is everything Brawl wanted to be at all...because apparently, Sakurai wanted Brawl to turn out the poor way it did. :/

But yeah, can't blame you for feeling that way. We've got way more fun outta this than we did Brawl in just a few weeks. I wouldn't worry about the next Smash though. It will likely be a step up because has fighting vets from Namco working on it. I doubt they'll make all the stupid decisions that HAL did, and actually have decent online too.

As for Kratos, based on Omar's comments on the blog, his AP gain will be getting hit with the nerfhammer soon.

Top Bottom