• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Hato-kun

You're probably better off using the controller. It's great for fighting games that actually use motions though.
I dunno, I'm really enjoying using the stick asides from these issues. It just feels better than a controller.

There is a setting for arcade stick in the controls actually, not bad.
Yeah, I'm on that, and have everything mapped how I want it, the R2 and L2 just aren't registering. I thought it might be something to do with the pressure triggers on the Dualshock? The stick only has buttons so it's not reading correctly or something.

Skyzard

Banned
Ah sorry about that, not sure tbh - I didn't try remapping...I could throw and block but I couldn't taunt with the HRAP3 (after I set it to arcade stick) - are you sure you aren't cancelling the settings each time? I remember I did that once.

There isn't a physical switch for those buttons at all or anything on the stick itself is there?

Hato-kun

Ah sorry about that, not sure tbh - I didn't try remapping...I could throw and block but I couldn't taunt with the HRAP3. are you sure you aren't cancelling the settings each time? I remember I did that once.

There isn't a physical switch for those buttons at all or anything on the stick itself is there?
I had taunt mapped to select up on the side of the stick but that doesn't register either. I had to remap though, there was no way I was having O as jump. And I make sure to check every time I boot the game up, ahaha.

The only switch is to change the stick between LS, D-Pad and RS. Which is also weird because having it on D-Pad meant I couldn't move around. It only registers movement on the LS option.

Skyzard

Banned
I had taunt mapped to select up on the side of the stick but that doesn't register either. I had to remap though, there was no way I was having O as jump.

The only switch is to change the stick between LS, D-Pad and RS. Which is also weird because having it on D-Pad meant I couldn't move around. It only registers movement on the LS option.

That sounds really familiar, perhaps there is a bug remapping those buttons (it was select for me as well but didn't register). With the default settings, block and throw was working straight away :S - I think throw was r2.

Will double check tomorrow for you but 2:14 here bout to sleep.

Hato-kun

That sounds really familiar, perhaps there is a bug remapping those buttons (it was select for me as well but didn't register). With the default settings, block and throw was working straight away :S - I think throw was r2.

Will double check tomorrow for you but 2:14 here bout to sleep.
Huh, strange. I'll ask around some other stick bros as well. Cheers!

Sounds like you're having the same issues as me. My SFxT Tournament Pro and V3SA's L2 and R2 buttons don't work either. I've contacted Superbot since the game came out and they never replied to me. A shame since I like the idea of playing with the stick.

PowderedToast

i tweeted to superbot about my online problem and they didn't reply either,

every time i 'search for opponents' my game freezes (XMB unavailable) until about 25 seconds later when it resumes after finding a match. very odd, i don't like it. online was working fine before this

anyone seen this? hoping the patch will sort it somehow

Aside from the bolded:

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/mj-laughing.gif[IMG]

Don't let the euphoria get to you too badly.

I'm surprised people want Abe. He looks so bad.[/QUOTE]

Say what! This is much more enjoyable than Brawl, besides the shitty menu's/extras.

Vodh

Lightning would be a much cooler inclusion, but if Square allows SuperBot to use anyone, it'll invariably be Cloud. But I'll be happy with any FF rep in the end... I just hope we get one. I'm sure SuperBot is trying -- they know the fan desire is there.

I think you've got this backwards. Cloud would be soooo much cooler (the only character that could top him would be Sephiroth, but we all know that's not gonna happen, Cloud - we could at least dream about), but if Square will let them use anyone - it's gonna be Lightning. Just take a look at the trend set by Dino and Raiden...

Also, deserves to be put in this thread too:

size said:
DgE5V.jpg

Spinluck

1v1 locally is pretty great, and even online it plays well at times.

But when it doesn't, man is it ugly. Lag grabs galore.

I can take a loss, but when you're grabbing me out of rolls, while I air dodge, or while way outta range.. *sigh*

Rolling, air dodging, and blocking seem really delayed at times online, this is super apparent when there's a Kratos, Sackboy, or Radec sniper spamming.

Also, what's with the characters instantly doing supers while you combo them? I will be fucking someone up, then I'd get killed.. they do there super without the sound effect or their character saying anything. Lol.

Oh well, I hope the next patch kinda deals with some of these nagging issues.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
1v1 locally is pretty great, and even online it plays well at times.

But when it doesn't, man is it ugly. Lag grabs galore.

I can take a loss, but when you're grabbing me out of rolls, while I air dodge, or while way outta range.. *sigh*

Rolling, air dodging, and blocking seem really delayed at times online, this is super apparent when there's a Kratos, Sackboy, or Radec sniper spamming.

Also, what's with the characters instantly doing supers while you combo them? I will be fucking someone up, then I'd get killed.. they do there super without the sound effect or their character saying anything. Lol.

Oh well, I hope the next patch kinda deals with some of these nagging issues.

Dude, grabs counter rolls. It's designed that way. You can't roll away from a grab, and air dodges have a super short delay on landing as well which lets you be thrown.

Jamix012

So I know this is a little early to be asking, but for a moment let's assume this game has sold fairly poorly (38 in the UK charts and running into the same people online suggests this.) Are there realistic chances of a sequel? Particularly one on the Vita in a couple of years? I love this game in multiplayer but there are so many things they could do better with a sequel, would it be considered?

KalBalboa

Banned
So I know this is a little early to be asking, but for a moment let's assume this game has sold fairly poorly (38 in the UK charts and running into the same people online suggests this.) Are there realistic chances of a sequel? Particularly one on the Vita in a couple of years? I love this game in multiplayer but there are so many things they could do better with a sequel, would it be considered?

I think we'll have to see where it gets to by January. December could be very good to the game or really dismissive, but I think it hit ~150k on week one in the US. I think it'd need to hit 2 million to be guaranteed a sequel.

I think we'll have to see where it gets to by January. December could be very good to the game or really dismissive, but I think it hit ~150k on week one in the US. I think it'd need to hit 2 million to be guaranteed a sequel.

I think this game has done okay so far. I also think a lot of people are split into different sections online within this game. For instance there are people doing Ranked FFA, Ranked 2v2, Stock Match FFA, Stock Match 2v2, Kill Limit FFA, Kill Limit 2v2, and then all of the options within Versus as well. Not to mention there are probably a large number of people that don't even play online for one reason or another. So online play and who you run in to is not a great indicator in a game like this where there are so many options for people to play. Plus I think a lot of people are waiting on the next patch to hopefully make online more stable.

Anyways, this is a game that could have great legs and potentially be bundled in with many future consoles (PS3 and Vita) and could be part of some great upcoming sales. All that said I think this is the type of game Sony needs to invest the resources towards a next gen sequel, this is the type of franchise where the sequel will blow the doors of the first game and sales potential for the sequel will be huge and won't carry the stigma of a Smash Bros rip off any more (at least not to the same extent).

Man Toro is pretty cool once you get accustomed to his moveset. I've been using him lately and I like his playstyle.

I'm still surprised they haven't commented on buffing Sir Dan and Jak. They're like the two hardest characters to use.

Speaking of Megaman I'd be pretty cool if Megaman was in this. He was pretty much a playstationy 1 character back then.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Man Toro is pretty cool once you get accustomed to his moveset. I've been using him lately and I like his playstyle.

I'm still surprised they haven't commented on buffing Sir Dan and Jak. They're like the two hardest characters to use.

Speaking of Megaman I'd be pretty cool if Megaman was in this. He was pretty much a playstationy 1 character back then.

Dan is easy as fuck to use

Capcom won't even let Capcom use Megaman.

Playing Smash bros Brawl lately made me appreciate the combat in this even more. Brawl is just too fast and floaty now in feel after playing this. I actually felt like playing this instead.

Maybe it's because brawl is old now?(I was playing it in HD high AA in 60fps on Dolphin)

Im so lazy that I havent learned any Toro combos. I use mainly ninja stance cause all his moves are spammable ;D. I still have no idea if his lvl 2 can be aimed.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Does ratchet's grab hit behind him? Cause about 4/5 times you grabbed me i was on the other side. Maybe it was the lag, but i would see you whiff a grab and i fly in from behind you. =(

It hits inside of him, seeing how you can walk through players in this game, any move that pushes you inside ratchets body gets you thrown. This is why heihachi cant do jack shit vs ratchet.

Can you play any games yet Frank? :p

It hits inside of him, seeing how you can walk through players in this game, any move that pushes you inside ratchets body gets you thrown. This is why heihachi cant do jack shit vs ratchet.

Can you play any games yet Frank? :p
Nah I'm at Subway having a lunch :(. First time eating Doritos to celebrate Doritosgate too! These things are terrible. How can ya murricans eat this crap?

Hey one of my favorite games of all time is Ultimate Ghost and Goblins do the math!

Megaman 9 is easy ;)
Dan is easy as fuck to use

I'm seeing a trend here...

Masochist!
Nah I'm at Subway having a lunch :(. First time eating Doritos to celebrate Doritosgate too! These things are terrible. How can ya murricans eat this crap?

I'm American, and I don't eat them. Also,what the fuck is "Cool American" Doritos?

Im so lazy that I havent learned any Toro combos. I use mainly ninja stance cause all his moves are spammable ;D. I still have no idea if his lvl 2 can be aimed.
His level 2 can't be aimed persay but if you go into training mode in the larger training stages or even the small one you can start to get an idea of how your poisitioning effects where it goes.

SoulUnison

Banned
What the hell is up with the netcode? I'll knock someone halfway across the screen, then they'll disappear and I'll have been killed by a super that never happened on my screen.

Raiden seems to be especially susceptible to this, It seems like every 3rd time I get killed by his Level 1, it never even *happens* on my end. The game just sort of "randomly" decides I died.

I once even had Kratos use a Level 3 without the cutscene playing on my end. He was just...suddenly huge.

Top Bottom