• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

I can't jump into online mode.... It takes forever to find matches and when one is found it never connects and then it searches again. I think I only played 1 out of about 30-40 searches. :(

I can't jump into online mode.... It takes forever to find matches and when one is found it never connects and then it searches again. I think I only played 1 out of about 30-40 searches. :(

Huh, weird. I was playing just the other day and I found matches quite frequently with very little time in between.
Maybe I was just on at a good time!

Huh, weird. I was playing just the other day and I found matches quite frequently with very little time in between.

I'm sure it has something to do with me as I know the nline for PSASBR is still active. I have fair internet speed though and I have the online pass. Tried deleting and redownloading the online pass. Still no success.

Evilisk

Playing through again, I think my biggest problem with the game is what a drag the arcade/story mode is. Such a chore to get through. I'm not sure what a good answer would be, but I would appreciate some enjoyable single player content.

Some sort of Event Mode with themed matches would be pretty cool. I just know though that they shouldn't have made most of them timed matches.

Piccoro

You were lucky. This game's netcode is the most awful thing that exists. I literally have to play a Vita game while I'm waiting for a match on PSASBR PS3!

Playing through again, I think my biggest problem with the game is what a drag the arcade/story mode is. Such a chore to get through. I'm not sure what a good answer would be, but I would appreciate some enjoyable single player content.

Well, that game mode that has missions for each character is kinda fun. Combo trials too.

Evilisk

You were lucky. This game's netcode is the most awful thing that exists. I literally have to play a Vita game while I'm waiting for a match on PSASBR PS3!

I think you are just unlucky. I have played other games with way way way worse Netcode than this; I'm in Australia and have had tons of decent matches in this game with minimal lag and have been able to find matches fairly easily, meanwhile I could take up to an hour looking for a match in UMVC3, finally have it happen and then there will be a crappy 10 second delay between inputs that pretty much makes it unplayable.

As far as I'm concerned, this game has fairly decent netcode.

Piccoro

I think you are just unlucky. I have played other games with way way way worse Netcode than this; I'm in Australia and have had tons of decent matches in this game with minimal lag and have been able to find matches fairly easily, meanwhile I could take up to an hour looking for a match in UMVC3, finally have it happen and then there will be a crappy 10 second delay between inputs that pretty much makes it unplayable.

As far as I'm concerned, this game has fairly decent netcode.

Wow, I really don't understand how the matchmaking in games work...

I'm in Europe and I have a 50mbps fiber connection, and PSASBR always takes about 5/10 minutes to find a match (and sometimes it drops afterwards). Mortal Kombat 9 is even worse, most of the time it doesn't connect at all.
Meanwhile, I've been playing UMVC3, and the connection is great. I have to wait literally seconds to find a match...

Weird, I always thought the net code in this game was pretty stellar. Been playing since the first beta and I never had problems finding matches. Never even occurred to me that people did.

But, yeah. I wish the arcade/story mode didn't have all those time matches. I much prefer stock or kill limit. Especially now that I'm trying to platinum the Vita version it takes forever to beat all those arcade modes.

Skyzard

Banned
Weird, I always thought the net code in this game was pretty stellar. Been playing since the first beta and I never had problems finding matches. Never even occurred to me that people did.

But, yeah. I wish the arcade/story mode didn't have all those time matches. I much prefer stock or kill limit. Especially now that I'm trying to platinum the Vita version it takes forever to beat all those arcade modes.

My router is pretty weird, gives me trouble with a few games but that clears it up, I know it helps a few people. Not had laggy games at all, really smooth online - just sometimes it keeps looping with the "connecting" then back to "searching." But yeah, opening DMZ on Vita isn't ideal but sorts everything out.

Camjo-Z

Just_Tank posted another update on the PSAS forums today:

Hey guys,

As an FYI, we had 6 Balance Testers from the FGC, local to LA, here this past Friday. Actually it was their 2nd time back ;o)

They helped us put a final layer of polish on what has become quite a significant balance list. Yes, the next obvious question is, can we see it?! It's not 100% final yet but this week that is the goal, to finalize the balance changes once and for all.

Who were the Mystery 6? That will stay a mystery until the patch comes out. Don't want to turn them into "Flappy Bird", if you know what I mean, but they rock and know this community inside-out. You have been in very, very good hands.

And those FREE PSN Avatars we promised you, they'll be coming alongside a relative timeframe to the patch. Here's a look at one of them. You asked for him!

...so I guess the fabled balance patch is nearly upon us (finally). Here's a pic of that avatar sample too, seems they're using the portraits from that PSAS steelbook cover. Finally I'll be able to use a PaRappa avatar!

If they actually are going to add anything (which they wont anyways), its going to be 1v1 lobby for online.

That is one of the most highly requested actual new features.

Its gonna be just balance patch. I dont expect new features.

Zen

Banned
I feel like the game always worked better 1v1v1 then 1v1v1v1 or 1v1. But I am just glad that they apparently did not cancel the darn patch. Hopefully they took all the time in the world to try and make sure that the game was as balanced as possible.

I still play it on my Vita intermittently

I find that the best way to find games is to simply cancel your search if it has hung for too long (think 15-30 seconds).

...so I guess the fabled balance patch is nearly upon us (finally). Here's a pic of that avatar sample too, seems they're using the portraits from that PSAS steelbook cover. Finally I'll be able to use a PaRappa avatar!
Hmm so what, another month or so before we actually see it? I need to see those patch notes so I can not whether or not I'll ever be playing this game again.

Zen

Banned
I can not wait for the nerf to Kratos. Hopefully all the time they have taken is for something approaching a fundamental realignment of the game. They really are in a unique position considering that the game was not much of a hit and thus they do not really have to be beholden to many sacred cows.

KalBalboa

Banned

Great news!

Please make FP's air knight viable as a combo starter again. Playing as FP hasn't been the same ever since that patch and i pretty much only specialize in her and Drake.

I can not wait for the nerf to Kratos. Hopefully all the time they have taken is for something approaching a fundamental realignment of the game. They really are in a unique position considering that the game was not much of a hit and thus they do not really have to be beholden to many sacred cows.
Knowing them, they'll Nerf Jak and buff Cole and Raiden like they did last time. I still can't believe that that happened.

Piccoro

Is anybody here a Kat player? A weird glitch always happens to me: Her "Debris" move only comes out sometimes when on Online multiplayer. In Offline play it always works. It's weird.

Hopefully PaRappa will get "Drop dead!" and "You're a virus who needs antibiotics" as taunts :p

post-11756-I-Understood-That-Reference-gi-PzDh.gif

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I'm glad to see PBR still getting some love. I haven't played it online in ages, but I still play it fairly regularly offline on the bus rides to and from work. I've been so busy with other stuff, I haven't been following the patches. I'd love it if we got a surprise PS4 version to fill in the library during drought season.

I'm looking forward to this new patch!

Evilisk

Some v.12 Dante footage

I don't know anything about Dante so here's some comments from people that do:
Dante's N1, 1, 1 builds 25 AP instead of 20 AP. Touch of death removed (assuming he can still empty cancel).

It looks like the AP gain of u3 has also changed. Normally a shredder at that angle would net 20 AP, and there's a way to do it that gives 17 but in the video he gets 16. Shredder appears to be more consistent, possibly allowing for a midscreen 1,1,1,n2,ub2,f3,f1,n2,u3 confirm for tall characters

Also

Ahhhhhhh I see what they're trying to show us. Looks like the extra jump you receive from being hit in the air is no longer there!

Juggling confirmed

I hope they give Jak the ap gain he needs, I always felt that one of the recent balance patches actually made him worst. The stuff he has now always felt to me as too situational :(

I hope they give Jak the ap gain he needs, I always felt that one of the recent balance patches actually made him worst. The stuff he has now always felt to me as too situational :(

That would honestly be fine if everybody played that way. Having some characters that could combo into specials and others that couldn't (unless under strict circumstances) always felt detrimental to the gameplay.

Skyzard

Banned
Not really expecting balance to be fixed in the slightest. It's obvious stuff that didn't get done before so it's clear they want some characters OP, the rest of it is just nonsense adjustments really.

KalBalboa

Banned
Not really expecting balance to be fixed in the slightest. It's obvious stuff that didn't get done before so it's clear they want some characters OP, the rest of it is just nonsense adjustments really.

Only this time it's Santa Monica and not SuperBot...

What, exactly, do you think they're patching at the moment?

Camjo-Z

Honestly I still kinda hate his supers...

I think his net is OK, but his Level 2 definitely needs to not get stopped by hills and platforms, and his Level 3 just needs to go. Cinematic supers in general were a bad idea.

Here's all the changes I'd make to him:

Up + X lets Spike do a super jump with Sky Flyer
Boxing Glove is faster and knocks opponents away, serving as a quick "get off me" move
Hula Hoop must be charged and does no damage but lets Spike dash across the stage quickly
Slingshot can be aimed anywhere in front of Spike and has explosive ammo
Air Electric Ball has same startup as ground variant
Air Radar only drops one banana like the ground variant
Level 1 super can be used in midair, causes Spike to drop to the ground with net held in front of him
Level 2 super no longer stopped by elevated ground
Level 3 super removed from game, replaced by something not worthless

Skyzard

Banned
Only this time it's Santa Monica and not SuperBot...

What, exactly, do you think they're patching at the moment?

Sure but Superbot aren't dumb...I'm guessing they were told to do it that way?

Maybe just thinking the worst but how likely is it that they'll take away hit confirms for raiden and another I may be forgetting, and nerf kratos...

Camjo-Z

Well, the patch still isn't out yet, but the 6 avatars are at least! PaRappa, Sir Dan, Nariko, Sweet Tooth, Kratos, and Fat Princess. (Though I'm not sure why they didn't just do one for every character considering they're already premade right in the OP...)

Top Bottom