• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Experience Event 2014 - 20 Years of gaming memories distilled

DOWN

Banned
I love the production value of The Order but even as someone who gets excited for Gears of War and Killzone stuff, the game does look a little dull.

They really ought to just do some gorgeous movie trailer set to sweet Titanic score and make it look like it will wreck us emotionally in a London hell hole gorgeous period piece.

So how many of the megatons have we had so far?

If Street Fighter 5 isn't one of them, we are still due three if the rumours are to be believed.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Jesus what do people have against The Order? Its a third person shooter with a big focus on storytelling, its just that you don't really know anything about the story yet

Would you also call the Uncharted demo dull if it was a new franchise you didn't know about? at the very least the setting in The Order looks very interesting

I know a lot about Uncharted and that's why I called the Uncharted demo dull. And yet I could be convinced to play Uncharted if it was in front of me. There's pretty much nothing that can be done at this point that could get me to even try the Order.

Kiant

The Order looks amazing to me. I was sceptical before but I think that small segment has sold me. I'll probably be buying it day one.

Really? They basically showed nothing. I want to give the game a chance but they have really messed up the marketing for that game.

Afrikan

ypfnnf.gif

HA!

4c1.gif

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Hay guys remember when The Order seemed so inspired and tickled your imagination with creepy Jack the Ripper era city full of monster and fighting them with cool weapons? Yeah what happened to that?

Robot Pants

I honestly hated the chatter during combat most of all.
"Take cover!"
"I need to reload"
"Enemy down!"
"Clear"

Just I dunno. Doesn't fit for me.

Ok, I was wrong about the Order being more cutscene oriented, but by the grace of good gaming, U4's gunplay is vastly superior to what we've seen here. Remove the graphics for this game and it wouldn't even stand against other contemporary 3rd person shooters, it's clunky, messy and the CQC QTE prompt is just too damn distracting. Do I really need to know and press triangle to melee the enemy? Really RaD? Really?

Disappointing all the way though and this game is out in 2 months.

GHG

Gold Member
This is the most cringe worthy, boring event I have every watch about video games, and I watched last years VGA's.........

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they rename it the IndieStation 4

What the...

Continue like this and you definitely won't be online tomorrow.

AdanVC

People at Media Molecule look so happy. I want to work there.

True. And it totally reflects on their games, very unique and creative ideas for sure :) Also, if working there means I will be able to have a massive Victorian beard like that, then I totally want to work there hahah

The order hate is beyond ridiculous at this point.

Yeah, it doesn't make sense to me either. It looks amazing, and has some really interesting gunplay ideas and the devs aren't giving everything away in demos. I like what I've seen so far, but I generally don't slant toward negativity in my outlook on things in general.

Top Bottom