• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Meeting 2011 | All Information in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

spats

Wallach said:
How is he using both sticks if it's just BC...?

The first psp got tons of hardware modded second analog sticks and some games actually worked with it. I think select games already had it coded in them (whether it was because of their ps2 roots or something else, I don't know)

Ydahs

Instro said:
MT Framework Mobile, so its the same one they are using on the 3DS.
That's actually awesome news. I was hoping for a lot of multiplatform 3DS/PSP2 games and this looks more probably, at least with capcom.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
dvolovets said:
How so? 3DS supports it as well, it was practically a given on this thing.
Whoa, I was not aware SSFIV3DS was running the same MT Framework. The fact that the tools are cross-platform is impressive.

MvC3 or go home though.

Empty

brotkasten said:
Do you guys remember the time when the PSP was called "Port Station Portable" or something like that? Thank God those days are over now.

you mean the playstation port able

gimmmick

asdad123 said:
"Just like the PS3. Only difference is the geometry capabilities. The same lighting shaders, same physics as the PS3."

The Lost Planet demo was done in just a few weeks.

That's fucking insane.

Carlisle

Confused About the game media. I read DD-only but then they showed the flash cards. Is it both, like with the current PSP? If so I hope they learned their lessons...

iSimon said:
sony-tokyo-event-1473.jpg

This is going to eat up so many hours of my life <3

*prepares for critical wallet damage*

M_A_C

Big Ass Ramp said:
bashcraft:
He's showing Lost Planet on NGP, running in real time
Thursday January 27, 2011 4:14 bashcraft
4:15

bashcraft:
It doesn't look as good as the PS3
Thursday January 27, 2011 4:15 bashcraft

bashcraft:
It looks really, really good, and better than the PSP

bashcraft:
But the polygons are blocky

bashcraft:
still, its's very impressive

FRom Eurogamer:

07:15AMOli Welsh

NT Framework moble can do shaders, HDR rendering just as PS3. Light filters, shadows and all the physics are the same.
07:14AMOli Welsh

Here's a video of the opening of Lost Planet 2, rendered real-time on NGP. It looks spectacularly good, to be honest.

theBishop

Banned
gofreak said:
Yes. And Playstation Suite games - Android stuff Sony 'verifies'.

I don't know how much that will help Playstation "upstream", but it could be huge just for Android users. The game situation is kind of a mess compared to iOS. Google is adding a bunch of new game-related SDK features in Gingerbread, so the timing is right.

Jin34

enzo_gt said:
Whoa, I was not aware SSFIV3DS was running the same MT Framework. The fact that the tools are cross-platform is impressive.

MvC3 or go home though.

And both Resident Evil 3DS games as well.

For you "Monster Hunter" people, realize that what they were showing was the currently available PSN Monster Hunter Portable game, downloaded onto the NGP. It wasn't anything new at all. They were just showing that the system is backwards compatible with the old PSP, when using PSN downloaded games.

Cyport

Nice to know that downloadable PSP ports can be customised for NGP controls, like the 2nd stick, touch screen (maybe?). So hopefully a lot of good FPS I missed out on for poor controls I can now play properly and enjoy it.

MikeE21286 said:
Either it's a port or a miracle from God that all PSP games will be able to map to the second analog stick

PSP games can be patched, the game is on the PSN, and it can only play PSP games that are on the store. so technically they could patch the version on the store before PSP2 launches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom