• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | June 2015

ZeroAKA

K7AYese.png

The PlayStation Network Thread is a monthly discussion thread for everything related to legacy PlayStation systems, with a focus on PSN games and updates.

JHNpXIO.png

June 2
  • Class of Heroes 2G (PS3)
  • Skulls of the Shogun: Bone-A-Fide Edition (PS4)
  • Sparkle Unleashed (PS4, PS3, Vita)
  • Super Exploding Zoo (PS4, Vita)
  • The Escapists (PS4)
  • Wander (PS4)
June 9
  • Operation Abys (Vita)
  • The Elder Scrolls Online (PS4)
June 12
  • LEGO Jurassic World (PS4, PS3, Vita)
June 16
  • Payday 2: Crimewave Edition (PS4)
June 23
  • Batman Arkham Knight (PS4)
  • Devil May Cry 4 (PS4)
  • Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Heavensward (PS4, PS3)
  • RIDE (PS4,PS3)
June 30
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3: V Generation (Vita)
  • J-Stars Victory Vs+ (PS4, PS3, Vita)
Check the PS Blog “Store Update” posts for full details on weekly releases and sales (NA/EU).
See a more comprehensive list of future releases at PSNStores.

qyRR4lM.png

Free games for PlayStation Plus subscribers this month:
  • Call of Juarez: Gunslinger (PS3)
  • Cloudberry Kingdom (PS3)
  • Futuridium EP Deluxe (PS4, Vita)
  • Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4)
  • Skulls of the Shogun: Bone-A-Fide Edition (PS4)
  • Super Exploding Zoo (PS4, Vita)
    [*]DRIVECLUB™ PLAYSTATION®PLUS EDITION (LOL NOPE)

C4cS7b4.png

Sayonara UmiharaKawase+ is interesting due to its odd mechanic; you use your fishing rod like a grabbing hook in the vain of Spencer's Bionic Arm from Bionic Commando. It leads to some fun level design and from its physic's and pulling mechanic, creates fun platforming and level designs. The visuals look nice on the Vita screen, the music is very relaxing and the game including its original SNES version is a great bonus. Overall great platformer that while difficult to fully grasp is well worth the time.

WQhwkXV.png

• Quote to view and add yourself to the PSNGAF friend list (hidden behind email tags).
  • PM wilflare or me to get an invite to the VitaGAF Line group.
Please post in this thread or PM me if you have any suggestions to improve this OP!

orNKpIV.png

Takao

Banned
Going to post this here since it might get some more attention. A former Sound Shapes dev is collaborating with a bunch of music acts to create a Vita/PS4 bound rhythm x tower defense hybrid. They're currently running a crowdfunding campaign that's almost over, though they're still a bit away from their goal. Vita and PS4 are in the base package.

Kickstarter Link

With the base $50,000 goal, LOUD on Planet X will be released on the PlayStation Network (PlayStation 4 and PS Vita), Steam, and select mobile devices (iOS & Android). There is a $75k stretch goal for a Wii U release, with the team looking at the potential of an Xbox One goal.

LOUD on Planet X is an arcade-style indie music game featuring Tegan and Sara, METZ, Metric, Lights, July Talk, F*cked Up, Cadence Weapon, Austra and more.

Choose from a cross-section of top current indie music artists, then defend your stage from hordes of quirky aliens by tapping to the music and using a fun assortment of makeshift weapons like speakers, strobe lights, fog machines, amplifiers, bouncers and custom special attacks!

LOUD on Planet X is an exciting new indie alternative to Rock Band or Guitar Hero with a splash of Plants vs Zombies – a new hybrid of rhythm game and classic shooter with tower defence elements.

LOUD on Planet X is targeted for Fall 2015 release on the PlayStation Network (PlayStation 4 and PS Vita), Steam, and select mobile devices (iOS & Android).

GAME FEATURES:
  • 12 top current indie artists
  • 24 different music tracks (2 tracks per artist)
  • 28 level single player campaign
  • Competitive leaderboard
  • Standard controller or touch screen interface
  • Available for PlayStation Network (PlayStation 4 and PS Vita), Steam, and select mobile devices (iOS & Android)*
FUqcKQn.jpg

We began development on LOUD on Planet X in January 2014 with a small but fierce team, whose individual relevant credits include working on the hit music game Sound Shapes with Beck and deadmau5 (84% on Metacritic - available on the PlayStation Network), working out of Bento Miso in Toronto.

We've been able to secure an incredible line-up of top established and emerging artists, including Tegan and Sara, METZ, Metric, Lights, July Talk, F*cked Up, Cadence Weapon and Austra, as well as generous financial support from the Ontario Media Development Corporation and FACTOR Digital Marketing Fund.

Last month was the first public sneak peek of our playable prototype at GDC, PAX East and SXSW, and the response was fantastic! Nintendo, Sony, Google and Apple are all very excited and supportive, and we aim to present to Xbox shortly.

That said, while the scope and momentum of the project have both grown significantly, we also have a $100,000+ budget shortfall that is currently being covered through large personal investment and creative team deferrals.

Our Kickstarter goal is to include more great music (12 Artists and 24 tracks) and raise as much of our budget shortfall as possible, in order to help reduce our creative team deferrals.

Our stretch goals include adding more platforms (including the Nintendo Wii U) and making the game available in more regions and languages.
AjO3FXg.jpg

CREATIVE TEAM:

Alex Jansen, Creative Producer (Pipe Trouble, KENK)
Henry Faber, Project Manager (Bento Miso)
Andrew Carvalho, Lead Developer (Sound Shapes, Henchmen!, Knight & Damsel)
Mat den Boer, Art Director (Pipe Trouble, Disney, Nickelodeon, Teletoon)
Yuliya Boublikova, Animator (Knight & Damsel)
Tanya Van Luven, Community Manager (formerly Warner Music)

ABOUT POP SANDBOX:

Pop Sandbox is an award-winning small studio based in Toronto Canada.

Pop Sandbox brings together top practitioners from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines into a creative environment that aims to foster innovation. Over the past 5 years, we have worked with a diverse group of filmmakers, artists, journalists, social workers, technologists, playwrights, animators, composers, game designers, activists and musicians on groundbreaking graphic novel, film, videogame and interactive experiences.

Select projects include:
  • Pipe Trouble, a high-profile mobile game that uses over-the-top satire to prompt mainstream discussion surrounding ongoing issues related to the exploitation of natural gas. Featured at the Cannes Film Festival, Games for Change, Hot Docs, Indiecade East, and SXSW.
  • KENK: A Graphic Portrait, a best-selling 300-page journalistic comic book surrounding “the world’s most prolific bicycle thief” (The New York Times) that is currently being developed into a fully animated film. #1 Graphic novel on Amazon.ca, Book of the Year – Quill & Quire.
  • The Next Day, a groundbreaking interactive animated documentary and companion graphic novel based on real interviews with 4 survivors of near fatal suicide attempts. Selected for The New York Times Reading List and International Documentary Festival Amsterdam.

ZeroAKA

Going to post this here since it might get some more attention. A former Sound Shapes dev is collaborating with a bunch of music acts to create a Vita/PS4 bound rhythm x tower defense hybrid. They're currently running a crowdfunding campaign that's almost over, though they're still a bit away from their goal. Vita and PS4 are in the base package.
Looks interesting. I can't say no to quirky rhythm games.

Kudo

Bought Ape Escape 3 from japanese PSN today, so much fun with this game and Sayaka is cutest character in video game history (or tied with Nanako from Persona).
I wonder what's the problem with bringing all these games games to US/EU? Then again, I would have bought in Japanese anyway to use it for studying and I prefer the voices. It has furigana so very easy to read and understand.

Was wondering why it was so quiet on the other thread. Anyway as per monthly tradition:

It's the June thread!
B19uidP.gif

Let's hope I can get something good out of Persona 5 at E3 to replace this GIF with.

Just finished episode 4 of Telltale's GoT. Finally the story is starting to pick up steam.

RK128

Happy June everybody :D!

Can't believe my comment made it to the Game of the Month description; feels nice helping highlight a fun platformer :).

My birthday is tomorrow and I can't wait to see what great sales land on Tuesday....might just throw 50 bucks into PSN and get a ton of games XD. May was a great month filled with announcements for future Vita localization and I had a blast playing through a few games.

Hope June is a great month for the Vita and that we all enjoy whatever E3 gives us :D. Personally hope for something on the PS4 end of things....really want God of War 4, Ratchet Reduxe, Ape Escape 4 and Crash to be there...

ZeroAKA

Can't believe my comment made it to the Game of the Month description; feels nice helping highlight a fun platformer :).
Only 2 people posted comments when voting for Umihara and yours was lengthy/detailed, so I figured I might as well just use yours.

Happy (early) birthday!

RK128

Only 2 people posted comments when voting for Umihara and yours was lengthy/detailed, so I figured I might as well just use yours.

Happy (early) birthday!

Thank you :D! Really glad I can help explain a fun platformer to people, as it is very odd on the surface (fish with legs walking around? using a fishing poll as a grabbing hook?) but at its core, a fun platform mixing elements from classics like Bionic Commando and a little bit of Mario Bros. here and there :).

The way you pick up your foes and objects could also be compared to Klona in a way, but at the same time, it works very differently compared to that game.

Tizoc

Looking at the wall of shame...I feel like there isn't much discussion done here :V

Also I am now a PS4 owner, gonna pick up my PS4 form the shop that I gave to so they can put in a 2 TB HDD, then it'll be nights and nights of downloads :V

wilflare

Looking at the wall of shame...I feel like there isn't much discussion done here :V

Also I am now a PS4 owner, gonna pick up my PS4 form the shop that I gave to so they can put in a 2 TB HDD, then it'll be nights and nights of downloads :V

you chose poorly

RK128

Congrats on the PS4 man :D! While I'm not in a rush to get one, it has some great games across indie tittles and retail games, so have fun with a few games Tizoc :).

Highly recommend Infamous Second Son, as Sucker Punch did a fantastic job with Infamous 2 and Festival of Blood, so I'm sure Second Son and First Light are great games on the PS4.

If you've been stocking up on the PS4 PS+ games since late 2013....you have a huge list of PS4 games to download :D! My recommendations for those games are the following:
-BoI: Rebirth
-Dust
-Transestor
-Infamous First Light
-Resogun
-Steamworld Dig
-Fez

All of these are great tittles that I've heard good things about and for a few of them (BoI, Resogun, Steamworld Dig, and Fez), I really loved playing.

Tizoc

Anyone have a Sony W600B HDTV? I'd like some calibration advice please.

Congrats on the PS4 man :D! While I'm not in a rush to get one, it has some great games across indie tittles and retail games, so have fun with a few games Tizoc :).

Highly recommend Infamous Second Son, as Sucker Punch did a fantastic job with Infamous 2 and Festival of Blood, so I'm sure Second Son and First Light are great games on the PS4.

If you've been stocking up on the PS4 PS+ games since late 2013....you have a huge list of PS4 games to download :D! My recommendations for those games are the following:
-BoI: Rebirth
-Dust
-Transestor
-Infamous First Light
-Resogun
-Steamworld Dig
-Fez

All of these are great tittles that I've heard good things about and for a few of them (BoI, Resogun, Steamworld Dig, and Fez), I really loved playing.

Only game I'm wanting atm is Shadow Warrior, will pick it up if it is $5 during an upcoming sale.
Will gladly get Order for $18.86 doe~

you chose poorly
BFoQImA.gif

The only games I wanna play on that thing atm are Abe HD and GG Xrd. Maybe Driveclub too.
Maybe I'll finally put in the time to play & finish Last of Us while I'm at it too :V

Now to save up cash for 2 more PS4 controllers :V My usual shop can give me 2 for like $110.

Anyone have a Sony W600B HDTV? I'd like some calibration advice please.

Only game I'm wanting atm is Shadow Warrior, will pick it up if it is $5 during an upcoming sale.
Will gladly get Order for $18.86 doe~.

Wow. I have that TV but I literally never calibrated. Looks good out of the box.

Shadow Warrior was on sale and not that good.

Kudo

The only games I wanna play on that thing atm are Abe HD and GG Xrd. Maybe Driveclub too.
Maybe I'll finally put in the time to play & finish Last of Us while I'm at it too :V

You should definitely give Bloodborne a try too, even if for some reason you first didn't plan to. It's now on sale (or was?) as digital purchase on EU so that's also worth checking out.

Tizoc

Wow. I have that TV but I literally never calibrated. Looks good out of the box.

Shadow Warrior was on sale and not that good.

Performance wise you mean? Cuz it's raved about over with PCGAF :p

You should definitely give Bloodborne a try too, even if for some reason you first didn't plan to. It's now on sale (or was?) as digital purchase on EU so that's also worth checking out.

I do want Bloodborne. Won't get it til it's like $30 or something though :V

Tohsaka

Oh I made the list, that's a first. I'll probably be picking up Operation Abyss, Steins;Gate, Batman and Re;Birth3 for this month.

Zephyx

Stein's Gate when?

EDIT: Tried out Monster's Monpiece at the moment. Seems OK but it's not scratching that card battle itch. I think I need an actual Yu-gi-oh game for Vita.

Tohsaka

Stein's Gate when?

EDIT: Tried out Monster's Monpiece at the moment. Seems OK but it's not scratching that card battle itch. I think I need an actual Yu-gi-oh game for Vita.

If you don't mind importing (or actually live in Europe), it's out there on the fifth for both PS3 and Vita. There's no date yet for the US release.

Zephyx

If you don't mind importing (or actually live in Europe), it's out there on the fifth for both PS3 and Vita. There's no date yet for the US release.

I live in Asia so it's a bit pricey to import here. Thanks for the heads up though, Maybe our local shops here will have a copy at some point.

Just posted in the old thread, sorry ._.
Why did no one link the new one that's usually how I find out it's up.. anyway

Summon Night 5 interest poll is up http://www.gaijinworks.com/
Expected price is $39-$44 + shipping for digital + physical bundle, supposed to be the best physical edition they have ever done

Newly localized PSP games in 2015? You know you want it.

Tizoc

Just posted in the old thread, sorry ._.
Why did no one link the new one that's usually how I find out it's up.. anyway

Summon Night 5 interest poll is up http://www.gaijinworks.com/
Expected price is $39-$44 + shipping for digital + physical bundle, supposed to be the best physical edition they have ever done

Newly localized PSP games in 2015? You know you want it.

Capcpom pls.

maouvin

Wallet's safe this month, unless I quickly go through Demon Gaze's post game and impulse-buy OA.

32 posts to enter the wall is probably a new record low :(

Tizoc

Wallet's safe this month, unless I quickly go through Demon Gaze's post game and impulse-buy OA.

32 posts to enter the wall is probably a new record low :(

Wallet's safe?
Girl/Son this is June.
That means Summer
That means Summer sales.

Hikami

The month I finally use my Vita again. It's been gathering dust lately to be honest.

Glad I'll finally get to play abyss soon.

yaffi

I'm not sure I already asked this question, but is Operation Abyss going to have any DLC that's noteworthy?

Saphirax

Operation Abyss and Steins;Gate on the same day; Friday can't come soon enough!

Too bad I ordered the physical edition of SG, so will probably get it next week.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
If nintendo's nx will be a Handheld running android games i guess could buy it at a cerrtain point...
Unless someone does the steam boy, but that's probably vaporware at this point :(
Or maybe i'll just go for a win 10 tablet + gamepad(but i would prefer a true handheld form factor to tablet + gamepad :( )

Who will be my vita' successor?

VLiberty

If nintendo's nx will be a Handheld running android games i guess could buy it at a cerrtain point...
Unless someone does the steam boy, but that's probably vaporware at this point :(
Or maybe i'll just go for a win 10 tablet + gamepad(but i would prefer a true handheld form factor to tablet + gamepad :( )

Who will be my vita' successor?

x86 tablet + ipega or similar is a great way to go.
I wonder how powerful would it need to be to run a next gen game. If Sunset Overdrive ever comes to PC I might decide to either upgrade my PC or buy a very powerful Windows tablet.

Or I might just buy an Xbox One since it also has FH2, Crackdown, Halos and hopefully a full Gears collection but then I'd still be tempted by an x86 tablet, and I'd have to buy a Wii U and a PS4 first as those are my priority. :(

Not enough money and not nearly enough time to play all the things I'm interested in. The fun part is that probably Vita+3DS+PS3(+ some more games on PSP/DS/GBA/PS2/Wii/GC/iOS I've never played) could be enough to keep me entertained for the next 10 years.

bobohoro

Operation Abyss and Steins;Gate on the same day; Friday can't come soon enough!

Too bad I ordered the physical edition of SG, so will probably get it next week.

I'm actually kinda conflicted about this, since it means I won't be getting Operation Abyss at release and will miss out on some fun starting community action.

Steins;Gate is just way too high on my priority list since years to not play it immediately and without other games interrupting.

I've been playing Minecraft on the Vita trying to see if I could platinum it. I got a couple of the most time consuming trophies tonight, On a Rail and The End. Now I just have to explore 17 biomes and throw diamonds at someone. I've fully mapped out a number of worlds though I find it hard to believe I haven't found at least that many biomes.

I've been playing Minecraft on the Vita trying to see if I could platinum it. I got a couple of the most time consuming trophies tonight, On a Rail and The End. Now I just have to explore 17 biomes and throw diamonds at someone. I've fully mapped out a number of worlds though I find it hard to believe I haven't found at least that many biomes.

I think I have a seed with every biome. It might be missing 1 or 2 that I got in a different seed, but I'm pretty sure I got it all from the one. Let me dig up the OT and i'll edit this post.

**faster than I expected. Hopefully this seed still works on the current patch. It worked after the major content patch: -1702576495133771114

Saphirax

I'm actually kinda conflicted about this, since it means I won't be getting Operation Abyss at release and will miss out on some fun starting community action.

Steins;Gate is just way too high on my priority list since years to not play it immediately and without other games interrupting.

Between the Witcher 3 and OA, I'm kinda glad I'll have to wait a few days for SG to arrive. Not that I'll finish either of the two by then...(ok ok, the Witcher is a possibility :p).

Even so, I'm equally excited to play both :D. I've heard nothing but great things about SG.

Redhood

So just found out that the Japanese version of Project Diva f has gotten a PSTV patch?
How does it work? Will it only work with DS4 for the touchpad?

Any way we can ping sega to get that one here if it swaps analogues for screen!

You know when you have an amazing game in front of you (The Witcher) but you don't want to play it because next week there will be something completely awesome that you can't wait to play? Started going through that yesterday, it happens to me every time. I hope it's just temporary, a week is a long time and The Witcher is an amazing game. It's been a long time coming but Operation Abyss is almost here, I missed me some DRPG goodness.

I think I have a seed with every biome. It might be missing 1 or 2 that I got in a different seed, but I'm pretty sure I got it all from the one. Let me dig up the OT and i'll edit this post.

**faster than I expected. Hopefully this seed still works on the current patch. It worked after the major content patch: -1702576495133771114

Thanks, that worked. Just one more trophy to go.

Top Bottom