• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus games for January

SerTapTap

Duke Vita will be a freebie? Nice!

Isn't Woah Dave also going to be free on release? Wonder how well that one sold on 3DS considering they now have the lamest possible combo of developer/game name. What even happened.

What exclusive PS3 games are left at this point? Beyond, KH HD (never gonna happen)... and? I'm just wondering what I should be looking forward to for PS3 PS Plus.

Most PS+ games aren't even exclusive. Though there are a ton of exclusive PS3 games that haven't been on there, Uncharted 1&2, Disgaea 3, 4, D2, MGS 4 (lol), God of War 3 and a bunch of other stuff I bet you'll never see on Plus.

If it means they can put that money to good use elsewhere in the lineup, yes?

What makes you think that they're going to add more games or that the lineup would change in any way if the stopped releasing PS3 games? It wouldn't. And while you may not be happy with this month, last month they gave away Deadly Premonition and the Hitman Collection.

SykoTech

First Light is the only one I'd want...no PS4 yet though.

Guess I can continue to ignore Plus until I get a PlayStation 4 because the PS3 offerings seem to have nosedived.

Natels

I think they announced this along with the december titles.

I wanted to buy The Swapper for a while and gimme that First Light

Eggbok

What exclusive PS3 games are left at this point? Beyond, KH HD (never gonna happen)... and? I'm just wondering what I should be looking forward to for PS3 PS Plus.

God of War 3
Heavy Rain
MGS V
Ninja Gaiden Sigma or Sigma 2
Journey
Killzone 2 or 3
No No Kuni?

There are things

SerTapTap

Can I play that inFamous DLC without having played the main game? Is it a prequel, or...?

It's a prequel, though it exposes the motives of an important character in the main game. It's ideal to play it after the game I'd say, but won't completely destroy the main game if you play it first.

First Light is the only one I'd want...no PS4 yet though.

Guess I can continue to ignore Plus until I get a PlayStation 4 because the PS3 offerings seem to have nosedived.

You can just claim the PS+ games for PS4, you should be doing that anyway. And if you're ignoring The Swapper I just feel sorry for you

dugdug

Banned

Uncharted 1 and 2. Gran Turismo, God of War, multiple Ratchet and Clank games, the Resistance series, the Killzone series.

Basically, they've barely put any exclusives in the IGC outside of the LBP games.

Percy

Banned
First Light: Good game, played on disc already. May use the DL version to try for the platinum at some point.

Swapper: Also good, but played ages ago on PC and there's not much replay value there.

Duck Tales: Tried demo ages back, don't recall it being too hot.

Prototype 2: Garbage. Even the first game would have been a preferrable title here.

I'm kind of interested in Duke 3D on Vita now that I can actually play the Vita games I get every month. Is it just a straight port of the original? Any extras? 60fps? No idea what the fuck "Woah Dave" is but my Spidey sense is warning me of another potential Hungry Horde level piece of shit.

Not a great month tbh.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
PS4 games were already known and are great, though I'll be playing Swapper on Vita. Hell yes to Prototype 2. I loved the first but never got around to getting the sequel for some reason. I'm curious abour DuckTales as well so that's nice. Duke Nukem Vita I'm very happy to be getting and I know nothing about the last game. So yeah if true I'm pretty satisfied with this month. Much more to my tastes than December.

Lineup is meh.

Vita gets a Mobile game and a long overdue Port.
PS3 gets a bad remake and one of the worst sequels in the history.

At least the PS4 lineup is good. (Even trough i already own both).

delSai

Does anyone know if Prototype 2 came out in Germany? I know the first one didnt. If it's the case again, we might get a replacement.
And isnt Duke 3D on the Index here as well?

oti

Banned
God of War 3
Heavy Rain
MGS V
Ninja Gaiden Sigma or Sigma 2
Journey
Killzone 2 or 3
No No Kuni?

There are things

Uncharted 1 and 2. Gran Turismo, God of War, multiple Ratchet and Clank games, the Resistance series, the Killzone series.

Basically, they've barely put any exclusives in the IGC outside of the LBP games.

Thanks guys. So there's a lot to look forward to still. Not that many I'm interested in myself or haven't played yet but still good games. Selling off the PS3 isn't worth it so might as well keep it for the Plus stuff. I'm paying for it anyway.

I still have to play Red Dead, Puppeteer, Okami.

dugdug

Banned
What makes you think that they're going to add more games or that the lineup would change in any way if the stopped releasing PS3 games? It wouldn't. And while you may not be happy with this month, last month they gave away Deadly Premonition and the Hitman Collection.

Yeah, we got a 4 year old game and a collection of even older games. At this point, I legit feel like taking out the PS3, and, adding an extra PS4 game would be more beneficial.

Of course there's no guarantee they would do that, but, they're not just going to take out the PS3 part of the deal without an incentive.

sackninja

Very happy with all the games. Have meant to try prototype for a while, first light and swapper are both great and don't know much about woah Dave but I will try it.

Top Bottom