• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus games for January

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I wanted to play both of those PS4 games, so I'm okay with this.

An-Det

I've been looking forward to First Light, I can't wait to play that. The Swapper is excellent, more people need to play that, and Prototype 2 is great. Apparently Woah Dave! is from the BIT.TRIP guys, so I'll give that a shot. Decent month.

Yeah, we got a 4 year old game and a collection of even older games. At this point, I legit feel like taking out the PS3, and, adding an extra PS4 game would be more beneficial.

Of course there's no guarantee they would do that, but, they're not just going to take out the PS3 part of the deal without an incentive.

And what about the Millions of ps3 owners who have not upgraded? WTF?

By no stretch of the imagination is this even remotely a bad month. You are expecting way too much of this service if you think otherwise.

Artex

Banned
I almost bought The Swapper for Vita before my last flight. I also didn't know Duke Nukem 3D was available for Vita. That...is awesome.

RK128

If the rumor is true, then the new year is kicking off great :D. Ducktails Remastered is a wonderful platformer and I've heard great things about Prototype 2. Vita owners getting Duke Nukem for free is amazing too :D! Looking forward to next week if this is true :).

Celegus

Not much for me, but I'm currently drowning in games so I can safely skip another month of PS+ games. I'll try Infamous, but didn't care for the first two games in the series so I don't have high hopes.

Swapper is fantastic, be sure to check that out if you haven't yet.

dugdug

Banned
And what about the Millions of ps3 owners who have not upgraded? WTF?

By no stretch of the imagination is this even remotely a bad month. You are expecting way too much of this service if you think otherwise.

Maybe you're right, but, I've been subbed since the service launched originally, and, I remember getting much better games than fucking Prototype 2.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Duke,Ducktales, and Prototype 2...pretty decent month.

Only beat the first Prototype so this should be fun even if it is more of the same

CHC

Duke Nukem 3D & Woah Dave (Vita)

Sony right now:
3SzOV4U.jpg

AmuroChan

Basically, they've barely put any exclusives in the IGC outside of the LBP games.

These are the exclusives off the top of my head that were free with PS+ at some point. The ones in Bold are first party exclusives.

Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Uncharted 3
Unit 13

Dragon's Crown
Wipeout HD
Wipeout 2048
Dead Nation
Resogun

Infamous 2
Rachet & Clank: All 4 One
Demon's Souls
Starhawk
Ico
Shadow of the Colossus
Puppeteer
Sly: Thieves In Time
PS All-Stars Battle Royale

Gravity Rush
Disgaea 3
Catherine
Modnation Racers
Soul Sacrifice

Mupod

Is first light okay to play before second son? If I like it I figure I could get the retail game since it's cheap now.

Yeah, we got a 4 year old game and a collection of even older games. At this point, I legit feel like taking out the PS3, and, adding an extra PS4 game would be more beneficial.

Of course there's no guarantee they would do that, but, they're not just going to take out the PS3 part of the deal without an incentive.

What a narrow viewpoint. There are millions of PS3 players out there that Sony wants to either keep on Plus or incentivize to get Plus (and remember it's not necessary for online MP on PS3 so the igc is all they really have there). Why in the world would they dump that?

Anyway is Duke3D playable on PS3 as well it is that vita only?

What a narrow, nonsensical viewpoint. There are millions of PS3 players out there that Sony wants to either keep on Plus or incentivize to get Plus (and remember it's not necessary for online MP on PS3 so the igc is all they really have there). Why in the world would they dump that?

Anyway is Duke3D playable on PS3 as well it is that vita only?

It's coming out on both but I haven't heard anything about it being cross-buy...

Hubb

Looking forward to Last Light. I should have the base game beat by this weekend and unless the game takes a huge quality dive towards the end, I'll jump right into Last Light.

.J.

Banned
These are the exclusives off the top of my head that were free with PS+ at some point. The ones in Bold are first party exclusives.

Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Uncharted 3
Unit 13

Dragon's Crown
Wipeout HD
Wipeout 2048
Dead Nation
Resogun

Infamous 2
Rachet & Clank: All 4 One
Demon's Souls
Starhawk
Ico
Shadow of the Colossus
Puppeteer
Sly: Thieves In Time
PS All-Stars Battle Royale

Gravity Rush
Disgaea 3
Catherine
Modnation Racers
Soul Sacrifice

Get out of this thread with your facts and your data. The general response to PS+ titles is generally disdain when the titles aren't exactly what people want every single time. This inevitably gets translated into "There's never anything good here ever." It's a fruitless endeavor to even try to combat that mentality.

Bummer of a month for me as I own all but the two Vita games and I'm not that excited about either of those. Can't win them all I guess...

Edit: the PS4 and PS3 games though are pretty fantastic, especially the PS4 games. Last Light is awesome.

RK128

Wow, I'm surprised that many are upset with this line up :(. Sure, the Vita isn't getting new retail games like SAO: Hallow Fragment, Killzone Mercenary and Tearaway, but you are still getting one damn good shooter (heard nothing about the second game :l). The PS3 is the real winner of the month, as you are not only getting Ducktails Remastered but also a fun abet flawed open world game where you can destroy everything.

If anyone played that PS2/GC/XB Hulk game the Prototype guys worked on, you can see how much fun their games can be :).

I get it, Sony 'should' be offering retail games every single month....but they can't do that with the Vita, as then they will completely run out of games to put on the service for Vita :(. I also understand that indie games are not everyone cups of tea but you shouldn't dismiss them as they are nothing X(; give them a chance before you ignore them at least :l.

Sorry, but I see that attitude all the time whenever PS+ is brought up, so I had to state my thoughts on the matter.

Anyway, hope you all have a wonderful new year and that we get a great year in gaming in 2015 :D!

netguy503

I don't hate the games announced this month but two "Infamous" style games in one month (First Light, Prototype 2) is a bit much, no? Seems like a waste of a slot to me. :(

I don't hate the games announced this month but two "Infamous" style games in one month (First Light, Prototype 2) is a bit much, no? Seems like a waste of a slot to me. :(

Infamous and Prototype have never been similar and the only people who tried to make those comparisons post launch were trying to craft some kind of fanboy narrative.

Put another way, they are only similar in the sense you have superhero powers in a open world. Which would also include crackdown, saints row and the spiderman games.

Infamous first light and Prototype 2 are even more far removed from each other.

RK128

Well, it seems that Sony doesn't want to put Second Son on Plus yet, so they are using First Light as an advertisement for Second Son; people play First Light for free to get a taste of what Second Son is like and if they want more, they buy the full game.

I suppose that is why Prototype 2 is on Plus in January too; to make up for First Light not being a 'full' game. Granted, if First Light is anything like Festival of Blood, then it should have a ton of content, but point still stands :).

There are enough differences between the two games to justify both of them being on Plus at the very least :).

Top Bottom