• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus games for January

fwpx

The Swapper cross buy?
DUCKTALES?
DUKE3D ON VITA?

313m3x4.gif

Why? Dragon's Crown and Muramasa Rebirth made it. A lot of these niche Japanese games aren't going to sell much a year after release anyway. May as well put it out there and maybe people will try it and like it. That will help increase interest for the sequels of some of these games.

Also, I'm just answering the question of what's left. I'm not suggesting that these will be on PS+.

Dragon's Crown and Muramasa have better western appeal then something like Miku. Hell I'd think we'd have the largest amount of complaints yet if it was Miku.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
It's been out since October.

October, November, December and now January won't see Drive Club PS+ edition.

We are talking another third of a year here and that's already after year delay to begin with. It's total bullshit.

When October's PS+ games were announced, DriveClub was announced as a "bonus" and it did not take up a slot from a regular PS4 game. I don't know why you are now assuming it should be announced in one of the regular slots.

Sorry the game got delayed for a year. They had to make it.

I don't have interest in The Swapper, and have beaten First Light, so that's a bit disappointing for me. That said, it's great for those who haven't played either and want to. I beat DuckTales, too.

Been wanting to play Prototype 2, but haven't been willing to spend $15 to $20 on it, so that's a good addition. I would rather play it on something else, but oh well.

The first Prototype was half-decent. It was far too repetitive with its mission design, though.

As for Duke: One of my all-time favourites.

Artorias

Banned
Great month. I already have Ducktales both digital and retail lol, but thats a great game.

Can't wait to play First Light finally.

Khrno

Jesus, just take PS3 out of Plus, already.

Why? I want more games that I would have never bothered buying for my PS3.

It's not like they're going to start giving more retail games on PS4 just because there's no PS3 anymore.

delSai

New PS4 owner here, how long does one need to be PS+ before you're able to redeem the games?

You can redeem the Games as soon as they are there lol, as long as you are Owner you are good

Just got Second Son. Should I play that or First Light first?

First Light is a Prequel, so it's really up to you. At the End of either Game you will know the Story of Fetch, just that FL goes deeper into it.

nel e nel

You can redeem the Games as soon as they are there lol, as long as you are Owner you are good

No, I meant is there a 'waiting period' like with Xbox? You need to be a gold member for at least 30 days before you can take advantage of Games With Gold.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Really looking forward to First Light. Need that Infamous-fix again. Swapper was... boring, I felt. Played it for a couple of hours on PC before uninstalling it again. Perheps it'll grow on me. I'll try out Ducktales. Hope that Duke3D is coming to cross-play and will be available on PS4. That game needs to be everywhere.

... but, let's not kid ourselves. I won't play them. I'll play the Triple-D trifecta: Driveclub, Destiny and Dragon Age for the rest of the month regardless.

This is probably the best month in a while. The only game I'm not interested in is Woah Dave because I have no idea what that is.

delSai

Pardon my ignorance, are these games going to be: EU PS+? NA PS+?

Did they consolidate and merge the goodies for both regions?

You could be fucked if you are in Germany and want to play Duke. I'm not sure if it's gonna be released here. Everything else should be the same

Raw64life

In for Infamous: First Light. Never looked into The Swapper but it looks like people like it and it got good reviews so I'll give it a shot.

Vire

When October's PS+ games were announced, DriveClub was announced as a "bonus" and it did not take up a slot from a regular PS4 game. I don't know why you are now assuming it should be announced in one of the regular slots.

Sorry the game got delayed for a year. They had to make it.

I'm not expecting it to be announced in one of the regular spots?... I'm expecting DriveClub in addition to the other games announced for January?

I don't really understand what you are getting at. DriveClub PS+ edition was announced in advance at the same time as the other releases for October.

It's not coming out in January if that's what you are referring to.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
How can you be certain? I think you are wrong to assume it will be reannounced. I just think it will be released when they want to release it.

(As you point out, technically DriveClub PS+ edition was announced for release in October like six months ahead of the other PS+ releases :))

nel e nel

Nope, you can claim PS+ titles as soon as you start your subscription.

There is no waiting period.

Awesome, thanks!

Since when? Pretty sure I redeemed my GwG games the day I got my console.

Seriously? That's so fucking shit. Now I have an even lower opinion of Gold.

Since always? At least that's how it was when it first started last year, maybe they have changed the terms?

MMaRsu

Banned
Good month, I'm pretty excited for First Light. Already renewed till 1/1/2016 so im all good.

Ps+ on ps4 has been giving out tons of fun games.

delSai

Best thing about Ps+ on Ps4 is how often we get Games the day they release, not the case this month, but it's been great this year. And it seems that will continue.

Producer

Why? Dragon's Crown and Muramasa Rebirth made it. A lot of these niche Japanese games aren't going to sell much a year after release anyway. May as well put it out there and maybe people will try it and like it. That will help increase interest for the sequels of some of these games.

Also, I'm just answering the question of what's left. I'm not suggesting that these will be on PS+.

Those 2 games have more broader appeal due to their genre and artstyles. Anyways, yeah i know you were just answering a question.

There's still games like EDF Portable, Virtua Tennis , Warriors games etc to give out that would appeal to more people

Top Bottom