• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus games for January

NogibTC

Banned
After a lackluster couple months for PS+ games it is good to see them trying a little harder. Still not as good as it used to be though.

bengraven

You know, if they want to keep people on PS3 paying when there are very few games left to use, why not start going back over the catalog and repeating offers from the past at least? A lot of us haven't had a consistent PS+ membership for years.

autoduelist

You know, if they want to keep people on PS3 paying when there are very few games left to use, why not start going back over the catalog and repeating offers from the past at least? A lot of us haven't had a consistent PS+ membership for years.

What in the world makes you think there are very few PS3 games 'left to use'? The library is massive, ps+ has barely scraped the surface.

Uncharted 1 and 2. Gran Turismo, God of War, multiple Ratchet and Clank games, the Resistance series, the Killzone series.

Basically, they've barely put any exclusives in the IGC outside of the LBP games.

LBP makes sense, since it's a microtransaction heaven.
Has Catherine been offered on Plus? I already played it but I would love to have it available.

Hellraider

There are still tons of games to use for PS3. No need for repeats yet.

dugdug

Banned
What a narrow viewpoint. There are millions of PS3 players out there that Sony wants to either keep on Plus or incentivize to get Plus (and remember it's not necessary for online MP on PS3 so the igc is all they really have there). Why in the world would they dump that?

Anyway is Duke3D playable on PS3 as well it is that vita only?

Then, my next question is: are they really going to keep these millions of PS3 players hooked to the service with titles like Ducktails and Prototype 2?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Good month on PS4 and Vita for me. I want to play First Light and I also want to play Duke Nukem 3D. Also Smelliard the moderator has said good things about THE SWAPPER

Then, my next question is: are they really going to keep these millions of PS3 players hooked to the service with titles like Ducktails and Prototype 2?

Considering they might want to hold on to the 100+ games they already have I would think so.

Besides, as a PS3 owner im very much looking forward to both. Im sure im not the only one.

A good month overall! I don't have a PS4 (yet) but I'm stoked for the Infamous DLC.

I already have Prototype 2 and loved it. It's good, not great, but I platinumed it.

And Vita. My baby. I was just thinking about the Duke Nukem port and wondering when it would come! Awesome!

Maybe, maybe not. But are they going to keep PS3 players hooked to the service if there are no games? Because I guarantee you the answer to that is no. Every PS3 player would ditch plus if there were no more games added monthly.

Y2Kev

Are there many games left on Vita to give away that aren't indies? I think they're basically running out.

TalonJH

First Light is the only one I'd want...no PS4 yet though.

Guess I can continue to ignore Plus until I get a PlayStation 4 because the PS3 offerings seem to have nosedived.

You know that you can claim the PS4 games for when you do get a PS4, right?

Vire

Drive Club will come surely any day now...

You know it's kind of disgusting what they did with that whole thing. At first I believed them that the server load was too big so they delayed the PS+ version, but now it's been 4 months. It's pretty obvious that they just realized no one would buy the full game if that is out there so they pushed it back.

botty

Banned
Are there many games left on Vita to give away that aren't indies? I think they're basically running out.

DI
ib13VVDZFLh7tD.gif

Y2Kev

Drive Club will come surely any day now...

You know it's kind of disgusting what they did with that whole thing. At first I believde them that the server load was too big so they delayed the PS+ version, but now it's been 4 months. It's pretty obvious that they just realized no one would buy the full game if that is out there so they pushed it back.

DriveClub was never announced with the regular PS+ games so I don't think you'd see it on one of these lists. Also it hasn't been 4 months and the game has really only been working for like two weeks.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Sure there are. Not a massive amount, but there are plenty they haven't given away yet. Personally I'm shocked LBP hasn't been given considering how much DLC there is to sell.

AmuroChan

Tearaway
Y's: Memories of Celceta
Persona 4 Golden
Killzone: Mercenary
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
Freedom Wars
Tales of Hearts R
Hatsune Miku
Danganronpa 1+2
Atelier Totori Plus: The Adventurer of Arland
FFX/X2 HD
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
Demon Gaze

Killzone Mercenary, Tearaway, the PS2 trilogies...

Yeah, we're kinda running low, unless NISA and Koei Tecmo wants to throw in a few of their back catalogue in. I suppose you also have the Holy Grail (Persona 4 Golden) that hasn't gone on, but the odds of that happening are low.

[Edit] I'm genuinely surprised LittleBigPlanet Vita hasn't gone on PS+ yet, though.

Any of these games crossbuy for other systems?

Woah Dave is PS4/PSV cross-buy, and The Swapper is PS4/PS3/PSV.

There are, things like Danganronpa, Disgaea, and Demon Gaze. Basically, they have Japanese game they can give. Though I wouldn't mind some Ps1 classics.

Producer

Tearaway
Y's: Memories of Celceta
Persona 4 Golden
Killzone: Mercenary
Freedom Wars
Tales of Hearts R
Hatsune Miku
Danganronpa 1+2
Atelier Totori Plus: The Adventurer of Arland
FFX/X2 HD
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1
Demon Gaze

lol none of those games except maybe the first party games have a chance of entering IGC.

Vire

DriveClub was never announced with the regular PS+ games so I don't think you'd see it on one of these lists. Also it hasn't been 4 months and the game has really only been working for like two weeks.

It's been out since October.

October, November, December and now January won't see Drive Club PS+ edition.

We are talking another third of a year here and that's already after year a delay to begin with. It's total bullshit.

Jim

Make sure to play the Battle Arena challenges in First Light. So much fun once you rank up a bit and understand the objectives. A pretty easy Platinum trophy too.

First Light seems cool, I'll play it for sure.
And The Swapper is amazing, more people should play it. And the writter of The Swapper also wrote the story for The Talos Principle, my GOTY 2014.

Oh, didn't know that, now I want to play Talos Principle for sure, the story of The Swapper is mindblowing.

Begaria

Whats the dope on The Swapper? Never heard of it before.

It's a side scrolling puzzle game. The gimmick of the game is that you get a "gun" called The Swapper which allows you to create clones of yourself that you can swap to. The goal of the game is to make it through a derelict space station/planet while solving puzzles and picking up cores. It has a pretty dark and heavy theme to it. It's sort of similar to Limbo.

You can't please everybody.

Although the PS3/Vita games don't interest me, doesn't mean it's a shitty lineup at all. I've found some of my favorite games have come from PS+ offerings that I wouldn't have given a chance to otherwise.

AmuroChan

lol none of those games except maybe the first party games have a chance of entering IGC.

Why? Dragon's Crown and Muramasa Rebirth made it. A lot of these niche Japanese games aren't going to sell much a year after release anyway. May as well put it out there and maybe people will try it and like it. That will help increase interest for the sequels of some of these games.

Also, I'm just answering the question of what's left. I'm not suggesting that these will be on PS+.

Top Bottom