• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Anyone recommend which I should play first, Metal Gear or Remember Me?

Roto13

Anyone recommend which I should play first, Metal Gear or Remember Me?

Well.

Neither are particularly long (as far as I can tell, I'm not quite finished with Remember Me but it seems to be almost over by the percentage on my save file). Rising is shorter but it's also the kind of replayable game that you'll probably want to play again right away if you like it.

I say play Remember Me first.

Tizoc

Well.

Neither are particularly long (as far as I can tell, I'm not quite finished with Remember Me but it seems to be almost over by the percentage on my save file). Rising is shorter but it's also the kind of replayable game that you'll probably want to play again right away if you like it.

I say play Remember Me first.

Co-sign. The game is a do-able Platinum, and is a 'one-time experience' kind of game. I didn't feel like replaying it again after having beaten it months ago.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Thanks. Will probably take a while to download Metal Gear anyway (19 Gigs!)

Roto13

Just finished Remember Me. Wasn't bad, but not great either. The memory remixing is grossly underused
(with only four remixes and two of them are nearly the same)
, and I could never shake the feeling that it would have been better as a stealth game. Messing with people's memories is pretty sneaky and it could really be put to good use in a stealth game. The combo system is all right, though I might have handled it a different way. I've certainly enjoyed games with worse combat.

Worth playing, but I'm glad I waited for a sale. I probably won't ever play it again.

netguy503

Just finished Remember Me. Wasn't bad, but not great either. The memory remixing is grossly underused
(with only four remixes and two of them are nearly the same)
, and I could never shake the feeling that it would have been better as a stealth game. Messing with people's memories is pretty sneaky and it could really be put to good use in a stealth game. The combo system is all right, though I might have handled it a different way. I've certainly enjoyed games with worse combat.

Worth playing, but I'm glad I waited for a sale. I probably won't ever play it again.

I'm glad I'm waiting for it to be free on EU plus. :)

Khronico

That's weird. I was checking my download list and apparently I own Streets of Rage 2 and Sonic the Hedgehog 2, yet I don't remember ever buying them/receiving them for free. Was this a freebie at some point?

topplehat

That's weird. I was checking my download list and apparently I own Streets of Rage 2 and Sonic the Hedgehog 2, yet I don't remember ever buying them/receiving them for free. Was this a freebie at some point?

Yeah, quite awhile back they were doing some Genesis games like that.

Tizoc

Yes they were, I recall them being freebies way back when Sony had that hack during April.

Still have my fingers crossed that the US will get Stranger's Wrath on PS+ soon.

I bought the Oddbox for the PC and got burnt by the shitty port (still have issues with it), but I've heard good things about the Vita/PS3 versions. I don't want to pay more money for Stranger's Wrath which is why I'm holding off for PS+, or at least a very cheap sales discount.

hurzelein

As part of what? Monthly update? Wasn't announced offically in the PS Blog post a few weeks ago.

Guacamelle ist awesome, bought it at release.

With Plus Sony is really too good with his customers, Guacameele is really much too new to in there. Maybe as part of the yearly update, but now as a monthly update.

I really have the feeling this all hurts sales, especially with the "Omg I am glad I waited" mentallity of many people. If you think Guacameele is awesome, than support Drinkbox and buy their next title!

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I can purchase free Vita games on my ps3 since I don't own a Vita but I can't on the website. Says my PSN account isn't authorized.

I thought many of you used the website and were going to use it for the ps4 freebies?

I can guess I can just use my ps3, it's not a big deal, but ???

As part of what? Monthly update? Wasn't announced offically in the PS Blog post a few weeks ago.

Guacamelle ist awesome, bought it at release.

With Plus Sony is really too good with his customers, Guacameele is really much too new to in there. Maybe as part of the yearly update, but now as a monthly update.

I really have the feeling this all hurts sales, especially with the "Omg I am glad I waited" mentallity of many people. If you think Guacameele is awesome, than support Drinkbox and buy their next title!

You do understand that developers aren't just doing this out of the goodness of their hearts right? They are compensated for their games being on plus.

hurzelein

You do understand that developers aren't just doing this out of the goodness of their hearts right? They are compensated for their games being on plus.

And that is fine at the moment. Developers take the first batch of sales from Dayone and a few months, then they decide if it would be more worth to get their game on Plus for XX $ from Sony or if they can make more money just with future sales.

As I said, thats fine for the moment. The problem lies in the future. If every game ends up on Plus just a few months after release, the amount of people which buy their games on day one or in the first months will drop.I mean the amount of "OMG had I known this before! I will never buy PSN Games again" on the PS Blog or even on Gaf speaks for itself. Many people don't see their purchase as a way to support the developers, they want the game as cheap as possible, best free.
Will even be worse on Ps4. The 70% metacritic politic of Sony and the because of the console launch small lineup of Ps4 Indie-games will guarantee that almost every quality Ps4-Indie game will end up on Plus after just a few months.

So that is when it will hurt the developers. When only a handfull of people will buy dayone and the rest will wait for it being on Plus. I can't imagine the money from Sony will be enough to compensate that.

I don't know if it will evolve like this, I hope not! Would be really interesting to hear from indie-developer side what they think about the future of Plus.

Donos

If i'm a not well known indie / rather new studio, i would rather choose to get paid and get featured on PS+ for PS4. If your game is good, people are going to recognise your studio for your next game and the chance for good sales will be higher.
I'm not a developer but that's just how i see it.
Wouldn't have noticed games like Thomas was alone without PS+ although i try to visit the gaf indie thread from time to time. Not often enough though.

Donos

Right? I'm actually enjoying it like, more than I thought I would.

Enjoyed it too for around 15-20 hours then it got pretty old fast. For a quest i finished i got 30 more. Would have liked it in my School/Study time but now i don't have the breath anymore for it to finish them all.
At one point i just went only for the story quests and noticed that i was already overpowered (finished alot of the bigger house sidequests).

Hope november update is good, ive one this past month without plus because i couldnt justify it personally when all that comes out is stuff that doesnt interest me
Might buy just for ps plus sales though

dock

Finally pulled the trigger on Okami HD last night - I couldn't resist at the discounted price.

For the record, I've owned the PS2 version since it was released and haven't gotten past the first few hours despite trying 2 or 3 times. This isn't a reflection on the game at all, I think it's fantastic. So much so, that I jumped on this art book when it was released:

http://www.gameinformer.com/resized...gFiles/00-00-00-00-09/2625.Okami-Art-Book.jpg

Sadly, something newer has always come along to take my attention away from continuing playing it. My plan is to end this generation with this gem in glorious HD.

I bought Okami on day one, bought this artbook, have the CD soundtrack, but I've never played more than 10 hours or so. I should really play the PS3 version because it's been stewing on the hard drive for a while! :)

dock

PS+ is no worse for games than Steam sales or Humble Bundles. It works well in the long run, especially as it gets many more people talking about a game after the initial conversations have lulled.

For everyone that says "I'll wait for the Steam sale" and "what's the point of buying indie games? all the good ones end up in humble bundle", there's someone that is introduced to a developer through these initiatives and becomes a new fan.

Plenty of people discover a developer through these means and then go on to keenly anticipate their future releases.

PS+ is no worse for games than Steam sales or Humble Bundles. It works well in the long run, especially as it gets many more people talking about a game after the initial conversations have lulled.

For everyone that says "I'll wait for the Steam sale" and "what's the point of buying indie games? all the good ones end up in humble bundle", there's someone that is introduced to a developer through these initiatives and becomes a new fan.

Plenty of people discover a developer through these means and then go on to keenly anticipate their future releases.
I dont pay in advance for games i might not like and not of my choosing. Also paying for steam sales is different when you actually get to keep the game barring some unlikely retraction of the license. Discovering games is fine, getting games in genres i dont care for is nothing im too fond of

I can purchase free Vita games on my ps3 since I don't own a Vita but I can't on the website. Says my PSN account isn't authorized.

I thought many of you used the website and were going to use it for the ps4 freebies?

I can guess I can just use my ps3, it's not a big deal, but ???

I've not had a problem doing that on the website in the past. (eu) but maybe it's changed.

dock

I dont pay in advance for games i might not like and not of my choosing. Also paying for steam sales is different when you actually get to keep the game barring some unlikely retraction of the license. Discovering games is fine, getting games in genres i dont care for is nothing im too fond of
Playstation is a gamble on what will be each month, as well as the fee to access all previous content. I don't have any interest in most of the games that I get for free, but sometimes when I'm in a less grumpy mood I'll give something a try, and sometimes I'll come to like it.

I would never have bought Sleeping Dogs, and I didn't enjoy the demo at all, but a close friend spoke highly of it. This lead me to give it another shot, and I had a good time with the game thanks to PS+.

Playstation is a gamble on what will be each month, as well as the fee to access all previous content. I don't have any interest in most of the games that I get for free, but sometimes when I'm in a less grumpy mood I'll give something a try, and sometimes I'll come to like it.

I would never have bought Sleeping Dogs, and I didn't enjoy the demo at all, but a close friend spoke highly of it. This lead me to give it another shot, and I had a good time with the game thanks to PS+.
Same here
But recently here in the us the games havent been all too appealing and i own a vita as well
The psp titles they keep giving are mostly fighting games, and the vita titles arent that appealing aside from the original year offerings but i've beat already. Im gonna re up for next month for sure because hopefully they bring in new vita titles for the year

phuturist

Banned
Oh man I always forget that you can download them before the new month starts. I will do that now then, really looking forward to MGS:R.

Btw does anyone know when the next big instant game collection refresh is due? Gravity Rush and Uncharted:GA have been the big Vita games for a long time now.

Oh man I always forget that you can download them before the new month starts. I will do that now then, really looking forward to MGS:R.

Btw does anyone know when the next big instant game collection refresh is due? Gravity Rush and Uncharted:GA have been the big Vita games for a long time now.
Next month i believe

Not sure if posted already but Pinballistik (PSN Game) is listed free for PS Plus customers in Europe. It can be found under Playstation Plus->Discounts.

Edit: Oh it's a f2p game... LOL

Nakazato

So i have 62 dollars in my psn account and im thinking about pre-ordering a ps4 game Knack or Killzone. Which one do we think will be the smaller DL ? Cause ill likely pick up the other launch day/week

AndyD

aka andydumi
So i have 62 dollars in my psn account and im thinking about pre-ordering a ps4 game Knack or Killzone. Which one do we think will be the smaller DL ? Cause ill likely pick up the other launch day/week

If one will be digital, the other on disc, I would pick up Killzone digitally, so you can instantly hop into multiplayer without a disc.

Nakazato

If one will be digital, the other on disc, I would pick up Killzone digitally, so you can instantly hop into multiplayer without a disc.
Hmmm 50 gig download will take a while likely 18-24 hours for me damn you ATT. But I think that's what ill do

Top Bottom