• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Sora_N

Random question, my subscription expired a few days ago. Not sure if I can/will resub yet, are my save backups still there when I resub or are they gone now?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Your backups stay on Sony's servers for six months after your sub runs out.
They never actually enforced the 6 month policy and never deleted anyone's saves. Earlier this year they dumped that line and just started saying your saves would be there when you resubbed.

Q: If I leave Plus and come back, will by Online Game Saves still be there as I left them?

A: Yes. If your Plus membership lapses and you had game save data in the ONline Game Save storage for Plus, it will all be there when you come back to Plus. Of course, this data can be transferred locally to your HDD at anytime as well, but you must have your Plus access to do so.

http://community.us.playstation.com...-Questions/PlayStation-Plus-FAQ/td-p/37512373

spwolf

i was just getting some PS+ games and did anyone else notice that psn store on ps3 now works great? doesnt feel heavy anymore, works fine and fast.

Number45

i was just getting some PS+ games and did anyone else notice that psn store on ps3 now works great? doesnt feel heavy anymore, works fine and fast.
I fired it up earlier for the first time in forever, to download Where Is My Heart?, and it was painful. A reminder of why I never touch the store any more.

Thoraxes

I wish I had your PS3 then. The store still takes like 3 mins to load up for me, then the transactions take about another 3-5 minutes.

I just use my web browser instead because I just don't have 5-10 minutes to wait for the store to load and load and load and freeze and load. And I can queue it all right on my PS3 from that, too.

Hopefully the PS4 store isn't as bad.

Donos

Since the webstore got up i only uses the ps store once and it was still terrible. Really no reason to use it at all with the webstore.

Baleoce

Bloody hell that was close.. My PS+ sub is still active for another half a year at least. I went onto the web store, saw that Metal Gear Rising and Remember Me were free. Added them to basket. Barely gave it a second glance before clicking confirm, and it almost charged me £60...

Was just a glitch though, as I added them again and it was free. Very odd though. I wonder if that had gone through if it would have corrected itself..

dosh

I dont get why this is such a common opinion. Sure the initial load is long. 15 to 20 seconds maybe but after that the store is flawless and fast for me.

Not on my end, unfortunately. I often have small freezes or stutter in the interface. The web store is great though, I do everything from my computer.

spwolf

I wish I had your PS3 then. The store still takes like 3 mins to load up for me, then the transactions take about another 3-5 minutes.

I just use my web browser instead because I just don't have 5-10 minutes to wait for the store to load and load and load and freeze and load. And I can queue it all right on my PS3 from that, too.

Hopefully the PS4 store isn't as bad.

damn... for me, it looks improved - after 6-7 updates they had so far... and my PS3 is on 4mbs connection too.

previously transitions between store pages took maybe up to 4-5 seconds, now it is almost like on pc... it still takes a while to load initially.

Hubb

When are gonna rotate the PS+ Vita games Uncharted and Gravity Rush?

Sometime in November. Probably not along side of the normal November offerings since last year's was on the 19th if google isn't lying. They may announce it alongside the launch of PS4 as some sort of marketing tool.

You can't know if certain games are coming to PS+ right?

I really wanna buy the Chronicles HD on the Horror Sale but if it's gonna be free on PS+ in EU eventually I'll be kinda pissed cause at the same time I don't wanna buy it for full price but I still want it cause RE and it's on sale but... =/

Ideas?

You can't know if certain games are coming to PS+ right?

I really wanna buy the Chronicles HD on the Horror Sale but if it's gonna be free on PS+ in EU eventually I'll be kinda pissed cause at the same time I don't wanna buy it for full price but I still want it cause RE and it's on sale but... =/

Ideas?

It was recently on NA+ so theres a chance it could come to EU+.

Fewr

Question:

I have preordered a PS4 and just saw the offer in which if I buy a year of PS+ I get $10 to spend on PSN. I do not own a PS3 nor a PS Vita nor plan on getting either anytime soon.

Is it worth getting PS+ now, or do you recommend I wait until more info is announced regarding PS+ on PS4. I'm leaning towards the latter because I'm not interested in the big retail launch titles, I'm more interested in party stuff (just dance) and indie games.

Thanks for your opinion.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Buy it at the end of the month. $10 discount for two weeks "wasted."

Killthee

Question:

I have preordered a PS4 and just saw the offer in which if I buy a year of PS+ I get $10 to spend on PSN. I do not own a PS3 nor a PS Vita nor plan on getting either anytime soon.

Is it worth getting PS+ now, or do you recommend I wait until more info is announced regarding PS+ on PS4. I'm leaning towards the latter because I'm not interested in the big retail launch titles, I'm more interested in party stuff (just dance) and indie games.

Thanks for your opinion.
Wait for Black Friday.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=699442

GamestopAdBlackFriday-04.jpg

ckMhDT6.png

Killthee

Is that digital code or a physical card?
I'm assuming the Gamestop one is physical, not sure if Gamestop.com will also discount them or offer digital codes. No idea on what Amazon is offering, but I'm assuming digital cause I can't find a listing for the physical card on their site.

Crayons

Banned
Plan: buy two cards for $30 each and then wait until the 3months free deal to redeem them.

2 and a half years of PS+ for $60.

Thoraxes

damn... for me, it looks improved - after 6-7 updates they had so far... and my PS3 is on 4mbs connection too.

previously transitions between store pages took maybe up to 4-5 seconds, now it is almost like on pc... it still takes a while to load initially.
Woaaah, that's pretty sweet.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Plan: buy two cards for $30 each and then wait until the 3months free deal to redeem them.

2 and a half years of PS+ for $60.

Would this actually work?

I don't see why not, unless the 3 months are only given if bought with SEN wallet (which I don't think that's the case).

It's a pretty good idea.
No, I do not believe it would work.

In the past, my recollection is that they only honor the 15-months-for-12 when you buy it using a $50 PS+ purchase through the PS Store. Just buying a 12-month voucher and redeeming it has not been the same thing.

But I'm sure Killthee will help out and give an opinion, so best wait for confirmation from someone else.

Crayons

Banned

In the past, my recollection is that they only honor the 15-months-for-12 when you buy it using a $50 PS+ purchase through the PS Store. Just buying a 12-month voucher and redeeming it has not been the same thing.

But I'm sure Killthee will help out and give an opinion, so best wait for confirmation from someone else.

I bought a code from Amazon, used it on PSN and it gave me the 15 months.

): bummer. Still, two years for 60 is a nice deal.

Thanks for the heads up!

jrDev

There has been nothing added in the past few weeks for October? Op hasn't updated at all...

PS I just got the $5 dollars for the referral deal!

Slashlen

I bought a code from Amazon, used it on PSN and it gave me the 15 months.

I think the restriction was for Spend X get Y deals. Redeeming a PSN card didn't count because you technically didn't spend anything on the store. The 15 for 12 month deal wasn't based on spend, so I think that's why it still counted.

Calibus

I've had it about a month or two and my opinion of PSN+ so far is kind of mixed. I don't know if this has just been a slow couple of months, but it doesn't seem like they have put up a whole lot that has been particularly interesting. Grabbed Uncharted 3 for free, which I loved (I knew I would anyway), but nothing since has really stuck with me. They were supposed to put up an isometric shooters on there that looked interesting (forgot the name) but haven't seen it yet.

If I had a Vita perhaps I would feel differently, as there appear to be several interesting games for it on there.

Oh well, still have almost an entire year to go, so we'll see.

jvm

Gamasutra.
I think the restriction was for Spend X get Y deals. Redeeming a PSN card didn't count because you technically didn't spend anything on the store. The 15 for 12 month deal wasn't based on spend, so I think that's why it still counted.
Ah, that may be the case. Regardless, be careful -- I think that it's not always obvious how they count various things. :)

Top Bottom