• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store 4/9/13 - Guacamelee! (YOPO) | Fatal Frame (PS2)

kassatsu

Banned
EUG92l1.jpgP

xYT0r.png

FAQ

- upcoming games: www.psnstores.com/upcoming
- us store sneak peek: PSN + PSM

- to access the store of country X, you need an account of country X
(use this guide to create a Japanese account) (New Japanese Store guide)

- most PSP games and minis can also be played on Vita (compatibility list here)
- PSone games & minis can be played on both PS3 and PSP. Some PSone games now work on Vita.
- NeoGeo Station titles can be played on both PS3 and PSP, but must be purchased separately

- below, only demos and games are listed; for smaller dlc, videos, avatars, themes, etc. check the links

Store Status

US: Normal Update Time: Tuesday @ LOL GCT
EU: Normal Update Time: Wednesday @ 1700 CET
JP: Normal Update Time: M,T,W,Th @ 1900 PST
HK: Normal Update Time: M,T,W,Th @ 2200 PST

us.png
NOW UP!

Games

► PSN
○ Guacamelee! (Crossbuy) – $14.99 / 550 MB

► PS3
○ Anarchy Reigns – $29.99 / 12.9 GB
○ John Daly’s ProStroke Golf – $14.99 / 2.2 GB
○ Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X. – $19.99 / 6.7 GB
○ X-Com Enemy Unknown – $39.99 / 7.7 GB

► PS2
○ Fatal Frame – $9.99 / 2.6 GB

► PS1
○ Evergreen Avenue – $5.99 / 317 MB
○ Favorite Dear (Jyunpaku No Yogensha) – $5.99 / 317 MB
○ Mahjong Youchien Tamago-gumi $5.99 / 80.4 MB

► Vita
○ Guacamelee! (Crossbuy) – $14.99 / 327 MB
○ Table Mini-Golf – $1.99 / 149 MB

eu.png
NOT UP!
/!\ Some content not available in every region.

Nothing yet :(

jp.png
NOW UP!

Games
► PS3
○ Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen ¥4990 / 11.5 GB
○ Dream C Club: Complete Edipyon! ¥6090 / 3.4 GB​

hk.png
NOW UP!

Demos
► PS3
○ Fuel Overdose - 236 MB

Games
► PS3
○ Dream C Club: Complete Edipyon! ¥HK$418 / 3.4 GB

► PS2
○ Full House Kiss - HK$72 / 1.9 GB

Fatal Frame is one of my favorite series so I'm tempted to get Fatal Frame given my copy got sold many years ago. Didn't the xbox version come with new content though? Tempted to find a copy of it instead.

Edit: Will be getting Guacamelee!, although I'll probably wait until the 12th so I can use credit towards it.

Izick

I'm really curious to see if there's a demo for Guacamelee! today. I really want to give it a spin.

GQman2121

Banned
I want to leave work and go play Guacamelee. I'm in a training on Active Shooters in the workplace. I hate everyone right now.

KalBalboa

Banned
I'm waiting until the 12th when I'll be getting my $10 back from the PSN. Combine that with my PS+ discount and Guacamelee is only $1.99 for me.

PSN rocks.

Ridley327

Fatal Frame is one of my favorite series so I'm tempted to get Fatal Frame given my copy got sold many years ago. Didn't the xbox version come with new content though? Tempted to find a copy of it instead.

Edit: Will be getting Guacamelee!, although I'll probably wait until the 12th so I can use credit towards it.

Yeah, it's generally agreed upon that the Xbox version of the first game is the one you should be looking into, just for the technical improvements and additional content.

Yeah, it's generally agreed upon that the Xbox version of the first game is the one you should be looking into, just for the technical improvements and additional content.
I've owned both and I'm not aware of any additional content for the first game. It looked better, yes, but it's generally the same game. Unless I'm remembering wrong.

Now the second game had a director's cut for the Xbox and that definitely has additional features like being able to play with a 1st person perspective. But the first game...?

Ridley327

I've owned both and I'm not aware of any additional content for the first game. It looked better, yes, but it's generally the same game. Unless I'm remembering wrong.

Now the second game had a director's cut for the Xbox and that definitely has additional features like being able to play with a 1st person perspective. But the first game...?

It definitely wasn't any as substantial as FF2's Xbox port, but it did get a couple of new costumes as well as a new ending.

nikos

I'm most excited about Labyrinth Legends this week. Went under my radar. Will probably pick up Guacamelee! as well.

Dantis

EVERYONE BUY FATAL FRAME BECAUSE IT'S THE GREATEST HORROR SERIES EVER AND MAKOTO SHIBATA WANTS TO MAKE A FIFTH ONE.

No, but seriously, they're bloody fantastic games. Mildly concerned that this rules out any chance of an HD re-release of the first three though. :(

Still not up?

Sony needs to frigging get on this shit for the next gen. You don't go into Best Buy on the day of a game's release only to have them tell you "Sorry, we have the game in the back, but we haven't put it out on the floor yet. Come back later tonight, we'll put it on the shelves at a random time between now and tomorrow."

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I wish someone would donate me $25 so that I can get both Guacamelee and Fatal Frame. :(

Carl

Still not up?

Sony needs to frigging get on this shit for the next gen. You don't go into Best Buy on the day of a game's release only to have them tell you "Sorry, we have the game in the back, but we haven't put it out on the floor yet. Come back later tonight, we'll put it on the shelves at a random time between now and tomorrow."

SCEE and SCEJ can manage it, it's just Grace that can't ;)

jvm

Gamasutra.
Still not up?

On the other hand, the adverts I see in the paper will often say something like "available by 4PM on Tuesday" for new releases. I never understood the 4PM part, but maybe it is just like SCEA PSN!

While I loved the Wii remake of 2(need to get the last few endings), it was a major shame the first person and mission modes got taken out. Oh well.

Will probably wait then, either order it from ebay or hope I'll find it in one of those magical mom and pop stores one of these days.

MisterC20XX

Still not up?

This.

I wan't midnight PSN releases for all games. I mean if they can do it for Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified...

Izick

I don't even need midnight launches, I just want a set time for when stuff comes out. It's pretty bizarre to see there's no set time for new releases.

Squire

Banned
EVERYONE BUY FATAL FRAME BECAUSE IT'S THE GREATEST HORROR SERIES EVER AND MAKOTO SHIBATA WANTS TO MAKE A FIFTH ONE.

No, but seriously, they're bloody fantastic games. Mildly concerned that this rules out any chance of an HD re-release of the first three though. :(

Oh, really? Such high praise. Would the fifth be on Wii U?

They're quite terrifying, although I think the second game is the best by a pretty considerable measure. Worth searching out the xbox version for that, it adds a lot over the PS2 version. I actually prefer the Wii version though, like the behind the shoulder system added in the 4th game and some of the gameplay tweaks. Makes it feel quite a bit different than the other games though which use more traditional fixed camera angles. Might not be the best game in the series to start with if you plan on playing any of the others. Shame it doesn't seem like the wii remake is ever coming to the states, actually had it gifted to me by a family member visiting London.

I'm pretty confused about the Fatal Frame ownership, it seems that most people were under the impression that Nintendo now co-owns the series but with the release of this people now think they only co-own Spirit Camera, 2 wii and 4?

Dantis

Most likely, just because Nintendo doesn't seem to mind financing them even when they bomb, haha. The last two were Wii exclusive, had fucking great production values and nobody played them!

There are a few series that I'm really, really into and Fatal Frame is one of them. They're much more subdued than most horror games, and I find that makes them a lot more scary, and they also have wonderful stories. Generally, by the end of a horror game, you're not scared any more because you've kind of acclimated to it, you know? To whatever extent this applies to Fatal Frame, it doesn't matter because the story is strong enough to keep you in (Though this applies to the first game to a much lesser extent.).

I feel like the first is the weakest of the five, but it's still very good. I've finished all of them at least two or three times, and I feel like they hold up miles better than something like Silent Hill.

FF2 and 3 are two of my favourite games of all time, and the endings to them are up there with, like, my favourite gaming moments.

They also have amazing ending songs by Tsukiko Amano.

Man, I really like them, haha.

They're quite terrifying, although I think the second game is the best by a pretty considerable measure. Worth searching out the xbox version for that, it adds a lot over the PS2 version. I actually prefer the Wii version though, like the behind the shoulder system added in the 4th game and some of the gameplay tweaks. Makes it feel quite a bit different than the other games though which use more traditional fixed camera angles. Might not be the best game in the series to start with if you plan on playing any of the others. Shame it doesn't seem like the wii remake is ever coming to the states, actually had it gifted to me by a family member visiting London.

I'm pretty confused about the Fatal Frame ownership, it seems that most people were under the impression that Nintendo now co-owns the series but with the release of this people now think they only co-own Spirit Camera, 2 wii and 4?

I never saw anything official about co-ownership, and PZ2 on Wii is still registered to Tecmo. I think Nintendo just owns the rights to the ones that they've financed.

Riddy

Two incredible games (one arguably one of the best survival horror games ever) for 25 dollars? DEAL!

If I've never played FF2 and don't have access to a 360, is it still worth picking on PS2? Is the extra content something I can't experience via youtube?

I feel like the first is the weakest of the five, but it's still very good. I've finished all of them at least two or three times, and I feel like they hold up miles better than something like Silent Hill.

You think the first game is even weaker than Spirit Camera:)O)? Unless I'm forgetting another 5th title, the remake of 2?

And I don't know, 2, 3 and 4 of the Silent Hill games hold up pretty well to me. They were never as clunky as something like Resident Evil. Unless you mean replayability which I'd very much agree. Fatal Frame tends to have a lot more unlockables and less frustrating puzzles which make replays a drag.

I never saw anything official about co-ownership, and PZ2 on Wii is still registered to Tecmo. I think Nintendo just owns the rights to the ones that they've financed.
Indeed, just seemed to me like until recently that Nintendo co-owning the franchise had become the widely accepted assumption among many people.

Top Bottom