• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation TV Thread: Vita Who?

awp69

Following the UK price drop I pottered down to Argos at lunch time and picked up a unit. Imagine my surpise when I turned it on and it was locked to another user's account...awesome.

Anyone from the UK have any experience of this, with particular reference to the Sale of Goods Act etc? Keen to see what my options are, I'm properly annoyed about it!

Not familiar with UK laws but if it was bought on eBay or something, then it might be something to pursue. But if Argos is a retailer, couldn't you just take it back and exchange it? Just thinking it would probably be more of a pain to try to take any kind of legal options than it would just to return it.

Someone may have bought it there, returned it and when asked, they could have lied and said it was never opened. So the store itself may have been duped.

Someone may have bought it there, returned it and when asked, they could have lied and said it was never opened. So the store itself may have been duped.

This is probably what happened , Argos aren't a small store who could try to pass this off to unwitty customers - they have a brand and reputation to uphold, they're a staple british store. They don't accept returns on non-faulty opened items so, User 1 has probably impulse purchased it , not liked it and returned.

Following the UK price drop I pottered down to Argos at lunch time and picked up a unit. Imagine my surpise when I turned it on and it was locked to another user's account...awesome.

Anyone from the UK have any experience of this, with particular reference to the Sale of Goods Act etc? Keen to see what my options are, I'm properly annoyed about it!

It probably wouldn't be worth your while to pursue any legal action but I'd certainly return it. However, I'd return it to the manager and explain to them what happened, bring up the act and say that you're really, really not happy about it. Don't threaten them or anything, but hey, you might get your replacement free as compensation as a good will gesture or something.

bobawesome

Couldn't help but notice the Project Diva f banner scrolling along the top of the store page.

Are these usually segregated between the Vita and PSTV stores? If so, not nice, Sony.

I just ordered a PSTV. Have a few questions:

1. With the remote play, can one player play on PSTV and the other on the PS4 separately for MP or co-op games?

2. I don't have a Vita but can I play the Vita games from PS+ on it?

3. How is the remote play quality on PSTV compared to Vita? Is it same or worse or better? Can I use PSTV to remote play from out of home like Vita?

Shizuka

1. With the remote play, can one player play on PSTV and the other on the PS4 separately for MP or co-op games?

3. How is the remote play quality on PSTV compared to Vita? Is it same or worse or better? Can I use PSTV to remote play from out of home like Vita?

1. No, PSTV will stream what your PS4 is doing.

2. Some, not all.

3. They're comparable, although if you're using a wired connection, it could be better.

NeOak

1. No
2. Some.
3. Better if you use Ethernet. And yes to outside, just like Vita.

awp69

Getting a 64 GB Vita card tomorrow and have been trying to backup my PSTV to my PC. Everytime I do, it gets disconnected. My understanding is that a PSTV can't connect via USB to a PC like an actual Vita. Backups have to be done via the network.

Anyone do this and keep getting disconnects?

EDIT: Given up on a full backup via my home network. Just can't hold the connection, which I can't understand when streaming from my PS4 almost never disconnects. So I was just going to transfer game saves and thought it was weird. Only shows PSP and Playstation classic save data. No Vita game saves, at least not separated from the entire application.

After 3 a.m. so will have to try to figure this out tomorrow.

Winkle

Is there a way yet to separate the audio on a Bluetooth headset when it's connected to the PSTV so only chat comes through it instead of all audio?

eastx

Getting a 64 GB Vita card tomorrow and have been trying to backup my PSTV to my PC. Everytime I do, it gets disconnected. My understanding is that a PSTV can't connect via USB to a PC like an actual Vita. Backups have to be done via the network.

Anyone do this and keep getting disconnects?

EDIT: Given up on a full backup via my home network. Just can't hold the connection, which I can't understand when streaming from my PS4 almost never disconnects. So I was just going to transfer game saves and thought it was weird. Only shows PSP and Playstation classic save data. No Vita game saves, at least not separated from the entire application.

After 3 a.m. so will have to try to figure this out tomorrow.

The Content Manager software is horrible. It's inept, it sucks, whoever made it should feel shame about his work.

I suggest backing up saves to the cloud if you have PS Plus, and just redownloading everything else. Doesn't help with non-Vita saves though.

awp69

The Content Manager software is horrible. It's inept, it sucks, whoever made it should feel shame about his work.

I suggest backing up saves to the cloud if you have PS Plus, and just redownloading everything else. Doesn't help with non-Vita saves though.

I don't have PS Plus on the account used on my PSTV (long story, but I had PSP and PS1 games on my Non-PS Plus account that I wanted access to).

What I was trying to figure out is actually how to backup just the Vita game saves. I was successful in copying just the saves from PSP and PS1 games. But under "saves", it doesn't even show a Vita category. Vita is only under applications. I'm guessing the Vita saves are part of the application? Of course, since I have a few over a gig in size, that causes issues in losing the connection.

Is there anyway besides the cloud to just back up Vita saves?

Tailzo

Since the price drop, I've been thinking about getting one. I already have a Vita, but I'm wondering:

1. If I take out my Vita memory card, put it in the PSTV, then back to the PSVita, will it mess up something or not?
  2. Can you use a dualshock 3 to play remoted played PS4 games?
  3. I've seen some old PSVita compability lists, which ones is updated?

autoduelist

Eh? It's always worked for me. I had to back up 32g to transfer to 64g and it went smoothly. No babysitting.

Maybe delete the biggest games just to make the process go faster, but I didn't even do that.

Ok , so i google'd it quickly simply because i'm certain i read on Reddit that people could with the new update and they can - but it's a glitch so it will probably be patched later, quote is from another neogaf thread.
Yes, because there is a glitch in Suspend/Resume which allows remote play to access Netflix and few other previously locked softwares. You can set it up by starting netflix, then putting it to sleep, and then starting it up again if you only have vita available.

For games it's great, simply because the starting time.

Here's a link which shows it working+explains how to do it:
http://wholesomegamer.com/2015/03/2...video-via-remote-play-with-latest-ps4-update/

Ogawa-san

If I take out my Vita memory card, put it in the PSTV, then back to the PSVita, will it mess up something or not?
At most the icon placement (that's stored on the system and not MC), but eventually you'll make the the same for both systems and the messiness stops. Other than that, you gotta turn them off before removing the card so it's mildly inconvenient.

Can you use a dualshock 3 to play remoted played PS4 games?
Yes, but there's no touchpad emulator nor warning if a game relies on it.

Basically, stuff like D3 or anything with "Press touchpad to start" is straight up unplayable afaik.

Krakn3Dfx

Going to take my PSTV up to Aspen with me this weekend and see how well it works connecting to my PS4 through the hotel's wifi. Worst case, I figure we can get a game of Jackbox.tv going. I've used it a few times taking it over to a friend's house and playing Diablo 3 remotely, but never out of town.

CKB3375

My apologies if this question has been asked and answered already but regarding Netflix - is there any hope that the app will be made accessible via PSTV?

When I purchased the unit I assumed that it would naturally work with Netflix.....my fault of course for not being an informed buyer.

My apologies if this question has been asked and answered already but regarding Netflix - is there any hope that the app will be made accessible via PSTV?

When I purchased the unit I assumed that it would naturally work with Netflix.....my fault of course for not being an informed buyer.

its ridiculous that it doesnt work

being a pstv owner, i cant help but think the perfect solution for remote play would just be to make remote play clients on the ps3. hell i'd pay for them

animax

If I take out my Vita memory card, put it in the PSTV, then back to the PSVita, will it mess up something or not?

It *can* mess things up if the vita and psTV are on different firmwares. The memory card remembers the last/highest firmware it was used with. So if your vita is on a lower firmware, then when you put it back into the vita after being in the psTV, it will warn you that you have to update. The alternative is to wipe/reformat the memory card

cslesce

Questions:

1. I have PS4 in living room, connected to Internet via switch
2. PC in my sleeping room, where i want to play PS4 games, with
a. buying 27'' IPS/VA monitor with HDMI with speakers.
3. How do i connect PS4-PSTV...i believe wifi won't be good enough, right?
Seems i can't connect it wired, right?

Vashetti

Banned
Questions:

1. I have PS4 in living room, connected to Internet via switch
2. PC in my sleeping room, where i want to play PS4 games, with
a. buying 27'' IPS/VA monitor with HDMI with speakers.
3. How do i connect PS4-PSTV...i believe wifi won't be good enough, right?
Seems i can't connect it wired, right?

Why not?

cslesce

because ps4 is connected to switch and not router...

wired would be to connect them both together or just internet itself?

because ps4 is connected to switch and not router...

wired would be to connect them both together or just internet itself?

internet/network itself (ie. as long as both are connected to the internet, or the same home network). shouldn't matter if they are on the same network or not. though, obviously, same LAN would be ideal

Has anyone tried connecting the PSTV directly to their PS4 with a crossover cable? Maybe it won't work. I think anything other than a direct connection requires a PSN sign in. Talking about remote play.

eFKac

Yay I'm a happy owner of a Playstation TV!
Got it on a fire sale in Media Mark..
Even caved in and got a 4GB memory card not to be constrained by memory limit!
except for Killzone Mercenary huh? -_-

Holy shit that thing is small. I mean I knew it's small, but I expected it to be like a thick smartphone, it's not much more than half of my Xperia Z 0_o

Any tips and tricks guys? Something important to know?

Playing some PSP games and they're so good! Resistance Retribution with a 2nd stick is great.

One problem though! I'm stuck on the PS Mobile Runtime Package 2.01 update with "waiting for installation". Even bought a Mobile game cause Google said it should trigger it. No luck.
So I'm stuck on 1.00, any help?
May it be connected to Sony taking down PS Mobile?

Vashetti

Banned
Yay I'm a happy owner of a Playstation TV!
Got it on a fire sale in Media Mark..
except for Killzone Mercenary huh? -_-

Holy shit that thing is small. I mean I knew it's small, but I expected it to be like a thick smartphone, it's not much more than half of my Xperia Z 0_o

Any tips and tricks guys? Something important to know?

Playing some PSP games and they're so good! Resistance Retribution with a 2nd stick is great.

One problem though! I'm stuck on the PS Mobile Runtime Package 2.01 update with "waiting for installation". Even bought a Mobile game cause Google said it should trigger it. No luck.
So I'm stuck on 1.00, any help?
May it be connected to Sony taking down PS Mobile?

Kornheiser_Why.JPG

You'll be replacing that within a few weeks. That's wasted money.

awp69

Not to be constrained by memory limit with a 4 GB memory card? I've had an 8 GB card for the past month and am already more than full and juggling games.

With places like Target, Wal-Mart and Best Buy starting to carry next to no physical Vita games, it's going to sadly be more and more reliant on digital. And just something like Killzone and Persona 4 Golden would put you at over 7 GB.

That's why I bit the bullet this week getting a 64 GB card using a credit card deal at Rakuten.com for like $9 shipped (of course I now have another CC).

Anyway, it can certainly be played with 4 GB. Just won't be able to get many full Vita games digitally.

Hope you enjoy it nonetheless!

eFKac

Kornheiser_Why.JPG

You'll be replacing that within a few weeks. That's wasted money.

No! I've come to terms with the fact that I won't be able to store all the games that I even plan to own, on one memory card satisfying my OCD needs. So I made the hard decision to go the cheapest route.
honestly I shouldn't have even bought the PSTV, but it was so cheap ;_;
So I'm okay with shuffling between 2-3 games, finishing them and going into something new.
Got the card for cheap, it was only 5 Euro. Now I'll just have to wait to find a 8GB on a clearance sale so I can play all the games that end up over 3,5GB in size and I'm set.

Any help with the PS Mobile problem? :-/

eFKac

Not to be constrained by memory limit with a 4 GB memory card? I've had an 8 GB card for the past month and am already more than full and juggling games.

With places like Target, Wal-Mart and Best Buy starting to carry next to no physical Vita games, it's going to sadly be more and more reliant on digital. And just something like Killzone and Persona 4 Golden would put you at over 7 GB.

That's why I bit the bullet this week getting a 64 GB card using a credit card deal at Rakuten.com for like $9 shipped (of course I now have another CC).

Anyway, it can certainly be played with 4 GB. Just won't be able to get many full Vita games digitally.

Hope you enjoy it nonetheless!

Ohh I just meant, since my initial plan was to rely on PSTVs internal memory, but too many games are over 1GB in size, even the PSP ones, which I plan to get through first.

I could easily fill a 64GB card with all the PS+ games and the ones that I own at once :p

I think there are still a couple of games that, with patches can't be played on a 4GB though, so I'll have to invest in a 8GB card sooner or later, money is an issue in my case though, I would gladly get a 64GB card if I could afford it :-/ although got to admit I would be a bit anxious about the warranty, since the cards are imports, and from what I heard, with a relatively high failure rate.

Vashetti

Banned
Ohh I just meant, since my initial plan was to rely on PSTVs internal memory, but too many games are over 1GB in size, even the PSP ones, which I plan to get through first.

I could easily fill a 64GB card with all the PS+ games and the ones that I own at once :p

I think there are still a couple of games that, with patches can't be played on a 4GB though, so I'll have to invest in a 8GB card sooner or later, money is an issue in my case though, I would gladly get a 64GB card if I could afford it :-/ although got to admit I would be a bit anxious about the warranty, since the cards are imports, and from what I heard, with a relatively high failure rate.

I've never heard of any failure rate. I imported a 64GB card over a year ago and it's been absolutely fine.

It was also my first card for the system. I wasn't prepared to deal with any smaller size of card; had there been a bigger size, I would have gone for that.

Yes, the 64GB is an investment, but ultimately worth it in the long run, taking into account the money you'll spend from upgrading from a 4GB, etc.

So got my PS TV and wanted to play some Vita games. Uncharted, Wipeout, Unit 13....none of them work on it???

WTH!! :(

Will Sony make them compatible or is that it?

Vashetti

Banned
So got my PS TV and wanted to play some Vita games. Uncharted, Wipeout, Unit 13....none of them work on it???

WTH!! :(

Will Sony make them compatible or is that it?

Why do people not do their research before buying?

Uncharted makes extensive use of front and backtouch on the Vita, which is hard to replicate on the PS TV, not sure about the other games.

No they won't be patched.

Why do people not do their research before buying?

Uncharted makes extensive use of front and backtouch on the Vita, which is hard to replicate on the PS TV, not sure about the other games.

No they won't be patched.

Well I wanted to buy it for PS4 remote play anyways...but would have liked to play these games. Well at least KZ:M works which is good.

Top Bottom