• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Vue Goes Nationwide, Starting at $29.99 in New Markets

Another thing, sports. Living in the STL area, we love the Cardinals and Blues which makes Fox Sports Midwest and NBCSN requirements. I saw something about Vue having regional Fox Sports, what about NBC Sports? Like the NFL too and wanna watch them, but I'm sure thats easily available.

Vue doesn't have Fox Sports Midwest.

Its not like you're getting real deal 4K quality through Netflix either.

Edit: Also Vue on the PS4 is especially great. That 3 different channels at once multi screen thing is great for watching sports along side something else.

How do you do that?

I love Vue.. I like I can miss a month if I need to and still have everything the same when I come back.
It's dope and I hope they are finding success with this.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
How do you do that?

I love Vue.. I like I can miss a month if I need to and still have everything the same when I come back.
It's dope and I hope they are finding success with this.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/03/06/ps-vue-watch-multiple-channels-at-once-with-multi-view-out-today-on-ps4/

To use this feature, just press and hold X on any live TV program from the Guide or Live TV row of the home screen to open up the selection screen for multi-view. A menu will pop up to give you an option of using either two or three multi-view screens. You can select any other live programing from the Live TV strand and start viewing multiple programs at once. The main screen in multi-view will contain audio of the programming.

IMACOMPUTA

Christ, what was your cap, 250GB?

1TB. It might be a bug with the Amazon Fire TV though. I think it might have been downloading data in the background.

I hit my cap 2 months in a row while on PSVUE. Before and after that, it never happened.

pacman85

Hopefully it would added back into the current tier structure with the addition of the Budget Sports-Free tier.
This. I'm all for giving people who don't want sports a package they can pick but for those of us who do like sports and at least like one or two channels Viacom has, they need to add them back into all bundles/packages.

How much is that combo? I'm checking out Sling, and I see they have BeIN - is that a separate package to get it? And does it have DVR?

From what I can tell Sling doesn't have DVR for beIN, which sucks. Fubo is 10 a month and Sling is either 20, 25, or 40 depending on the package. I think beIN is in the base packages but it's useless to me without access to Connect, which Fubo allows.

melos

Pretty disappointed at BeIN leaving the service. That cost them my subscription... now looking for a comparable service that I can use to get all my soceer fix

Hey guys, sorry to bump this. Not sure if this is the proper thread for this question, but my girlfriend and I are looking at possibly getting rid of our cable tv service and switching to Vue. The only thing that is possibly holding is back is, I'm not sure if it airs local news? I see it has, abc, cbs, fox, etc, but are these stations live? Or is it more similar to a hulu type of service? Sorry this is probably a question I could of figured out with more research, but I'm about to go to bed for the night and won't have much more time to do some research for a bit. Thanks guys!

5taquitos

Hey guys, sorry to bump this. Not sure if this is the proper thread for this question, but my girlfriend and I are looking at possibly getting rid of our cable tv service and switching to Vue. The only thing that is possibly holding is back is, I'm not sure if it airs local news? I see it has, abc, cbs, fox, etc, but are these stations live? Or is it more similar to a hulu type of service? Sorry this is probably a question I could of figured out with more research, but I'm about to go to bed for the night and won't have much more time to do some research for a bit. Thanks guys!
The local stations are live.

Edit: I guess I was not completely correct.

It's live just make sure they have local channels in your area. Also there is a 7 day free trial to check it out.

muteki

It depends on your market. We get abc, NBC, and Fox here but only abc is live.

Which is fine because we stay on the cheapest tier.

RoadDogg

It depends where you live. If the base package for your address is $29.99 then you dont get live local channels. ABC, NBC, etc will be on demand only. CBS is the only live one I have in my town.

natjjohn

Go to site and put in your location and it will tell you.

No life channels where I'm at, but got some
Indoor antennas that are giving them all so hope they never come now to keep the price lower.

belvedere

Junior Butler
When did they get that? Had the service for a year in KC and didn't have it.

Not quite a year. I'm in STL and haven't had any issues. At one point there was an issue where it wasn't displaying for people despite them being in the supported region. I'd hope that's been fixed by now.

It's only available on the Core Slim package IIRC.

Just saw the email of price increase myself. Not sure I want to pay $40 a month for how little I watch it. I subscribed mainly to watch F1 and an occasionally some soccer. If they're not adding any new channels then I'm out.

Wereroku

Just saw the email of price increase myself. Not sure I want to pay $40 a month for how little I watch it. I subscribed mainly to watch F1 and an occasionally some soccer. If they're not adding any new channels then I'm out.

This may be in advance of Viacom coming back. That was a price dispute so this would give them more to work with. Hopefully they will add more channels though otherwise I will switch as well I have really enjoyed the ease of use but it's a little high for what they give right now.

Primus

So just got an email that the elite plus package is going from $44.99 to $54.99 (in US) by October. What kind of shit is this?

Yeah, found out about this earlier today. Sony killed off the $30/mo. Slim package, and jumped all the other packages by $10 in prep for the "soon" rollout of local TV stations nationwide.

I'd definitely be pissed if I was subscribing, but I've been holding off since my market only has the CBS affiliate live.

Wereroku

Yeah, found out about this earlier today. Sony killed off the $30/mo. Slim package, and jumped all the other packages by $10 in prep for the "soon" rollout of local TV stations nationwide.

I'd definitely be pissed if I was subscribing, but I've been holding off since my market only has the CBS affiliate live.

It's not a big deal for current subscribers as we get the original rate for 3 more months but new subscribers are getting hit which probably effects people who are currently on the free trial.

Damn the price increase, will be considering other options in October

If local channel are nationwide from this it's not a terrible deal. Avoiding hockey blackouts will actually be really nice.

is there any difference between adding HBO to Vue for $15 or just paying for HBO Now for the same monthly price?

If you want both Cinemax and HBO you get a discount for getting them through Vue along with 2 dollars off if you have plus. I think you can also use HBO Now if you have the Vue sub.

RoadDogg

I sure hope i get local channels by the time my price goes up. I will jump to the att offer when they add dvr if not. Viacom would be nice to get back too but I am doubting that happens this year.

Pro

So just got an email that the elite plus package is going from $44.99 to $54.99 (in US) by October. What kind of shit is this?

IKR. My Core Slim is going from 34.99 to 44.99. Pretty upset because it's just the same trend the cable companies do and these Vue type services are supposed to be the good guy alternatives. I'm sure they justify it by a) adding more channels and/or b) it's still cheaper than cable but c'mon. I really like Vue too.

So there is no live feed option at all with Now? Like can you watch the Game of Thrones premier live on Sunday nights on Now?

On hbo's internet services, the episode becomes available immediately when the show begins airing live on tv. So if game of thrones starts at 9pm Eastern on Sunday night, it will be able to stream online at 9pm eastern. And you can skip around so technically you could know how the episode ends at 9:01 before the episode has finished airing on tv.

On hbo's internet services, the episode becomes available immediately when the show begins airing live on tv. So if game of thrones starts at 9pm Eastern on Sunday night, it will be able to stream online at 9pm eastern. And you can skip around so technically you could know how the episode ends at 9:01 before the episode has finished airing on tv.

Thanks.

Yeah, when I had it, I only got the FOX station with everything else being On Demand. Didn't mind the On Demand, but I would have loved to have had the local stations for local news. I AM glad they're getting them, though.

Yeah this is a big price jump for this. And the crappy thing is it's still a better package deal for me than Comcast or the other options I have. The YouTube one looks interesting but not in my area yet, and DIRECTV Now still doesn't have DVR which is a must for me. I'll still probably stick with this but it hurts my wallet.

Hesh

This price increase really blows. Not sure what I'll do in October when the price hike hits me. I just checked DirecTVNow's channel lineup and even their $50 option doesn't include every channel I use on my Core Slim plan for $35 (soon to be $45), and it doesn't have DVR either. Same with Hulu TV: no IFC & MLB Network and its missing Viacom channels just like Vue. Ditto on Youtube TV: has IFC but missing the rest.

Guess I'm gonna have to take it on the chin come October because comparable TV plans through my internet provider double-to-triple in price after one year on a contracted 2 years. :(

Top Bottom