• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darryl

Banned
I used to love Pokemon. Now I just wish they'd use graphics that aren't from a previous gen... every fucking time.

there's just so much content in the games that i don't even blame them - they did a brilliant job picking cel-shading as it is which ages very well and is probably the only way they managed to make production times reasonable.

Takao

Banned
I'm not saying Medarot 7 had better exploration visuals, but I'm saying Medarot 7 had better exploration visuals.

Junichi_Masuda was just in France, and his Twitter photo is him with the Eiffel Tower
We have what appears to be an Eiffel Tower like structure in the trailer, together with other classical European style architecture
Starters based on things stereotypically associated with France, including Chestnuts, Frogs and Fennec
The Cartesian coordinate system (you know, X & Y) was developed by René Descartes, a French philosopher

Gen VI confirmed for France.

Randdalf

I have a feeling they started making this on the DS and somewhere in the middle of development, they switched to 3DS. Looks a bit like DS graphics in a way

Yeah, let's be honest, up until B/W, the DS Pokemon games were hardly pushing the system to its limit and even then B/W wasn't that impressive. I doubt this iteration will push the 3DS as far as it can go either.

Roller skates are a cool addition. I wonder whether they'll try to add in as much variety in travel as they did with the two bikes in R/S. All I want to do now is take some skates and roll through the Pokemon equivalent of Geneva.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Heh, still locked to a grid and can't go diagonal. What's even the point of going 3D then. :-/

There's a circle pad Game Freak, you know.

Koodo

Banned
Fennekin looks like the baddest bitch in town. My starter.

iblSHtzytYCuxb.gif

Forkball

I wonder it that girl is a co-op trainer. Though she looks different from the girl at the beginning of the video, but you could speculate that there is customization in this game, or maybe you chose an avatar when you go into other people's games (like how you chose a battle trainer avatar in the previous titles).

Heh, still locked to a grid and can't go diagonal. What's even the point of going 3D then. :-/

There's a circle pad Game Freak, you know.
If they did that, I'd expect a rehaul of encounter mechanics to fit it with the freedom in movement, and there'd be greater room for new puzzles too. Who knows why they didn't put it in!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Honestly I don't really expect much on overworld (they never were good, even before and even BW). It's the battles and Pokemon design that gets me.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The roller skates are a cool idea but I wonder if you can only use them in cities.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone choose their starter without looking to see how they evolve?

Also: Chespin for me!
Yeah, I avoid seeing the final evolutions, too. I love Pokemon, but I don't get feverishly hyped before a new one comes out. I can usually ignore new screens and stuff pretty easily.

And I agree with whoever said Fennekin will probably have the best final form. I'm still going with Chespin, tho. :p

Honestly I don't really expect much on overworld (they never were good, even before and even BW). It's the battles and Pokemon design that gets me.
Yeah, I feel the same way. I wish the overworld was prettier, but oh well.

TrutaS

They've done a stellar job of translating the art style into 3D, a stellar job indeed.

This is just what I was thinking, it is just perfect, especially when you compare with all those 3d models Nintendo has made in the past (for the Collosseum games for example). They really nailed the look I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom