• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiteio

LOhO6.png

All you need to know.
Excellent. So in remembering the spelling... The "veltal" part remains, just as you'd say it. You just write "y" for the part pronounced "ee."

Thanks for this. I bet the actual games will say the Pokemon's names when you check their 'dex entries, much like Pokedex 3D Pro. Helpful feature for the young ones!

And oh god I slipped oh god copy/paste what have I done again this new page:

y_wip_by_icaro382-d5qun4f.png

Hieberrr

Excellent. So in remembering the spelling... The "veltal" part remains, just as you'd say it. You just write "y" for the part pronounced "ee."

Thanks for this. I bet the actual games will say the Pokemon's names when you check their 'dex entries, much like Pokedex 3D Pro. Helpful feature for the young ones!

And oh god I slipped oh god copy/paste what have I done again this new page:

y_wip_by_icaro382-d5qun4f.png

SEX. I wish X didn't have so ma antlers.

Neiteio

Is that fan-art or official? It looks super official.

edit: oh, nvm, it's fan-art
I think it's fan art... It's certainly Sugimori-esque. Whatever it is, the official render will likely be similar in terms of the details. I've cross-checked the trailer a number of times and it seems this piece gets everything right...

I think it's fan art... It's certainly Sugimori-esque. Whatever it is, the official render will likely be similar in terms of the details. I've cross-checked the trailer a number of times and it seems this piece gets everything right...

Fucking weird that we're missing Sugimori art, that's how we were introduced to Reshiram and Zekrom... the lack of legendary and trainer artwork is certainly odd.

The more I think about these games the more I love them

This is the first time I've been genuinely happy with all three starters and the two mascot legendaries since Gen II. Character customization will surely be in. The battles look spectacular. SO MUCH TO DROOL OVER

I want to complete my dex in Black 2 so I can have everyone to trade over! Also, I want these games in my vein right now. I just can't wait to wreck everyone with my lvl 100 Froakie

Drago

Xerneas has the better name, Yveltal has the better design by far if you're asking me.

Really hoping we get official art in CoroCoro.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Interesting, seems to be a different build, some things look different such as the color of the windows.

The game looks nice, but it leaves something to be desired in these pictures.. very much looks like a DS game that was up-ported or something.

Pokemon games were never about overworlds - the battles look good.

Neiteio

Since we're reaching critical capacity, we should make a second thread with a new poll -- BEST STARTERS: ROUND TWO. This time, no joke option (sorry EatChildren). Maybe we'll see a Chespin resurgence? Maybe we can fill the OP with every piece of fan art we can find, as well...

Googling Xerneas led me to these two awesome pieces:

So good.

Pokemon games were never about overworlds - the battles look good.
I realize this, but I also realize the game could look better. But yeah, the battles look amazing.

Fucking weird that we're missing Sugimori art, that's how we were introduced to Reshiram and Zekrom... the lack of legendary and trainer artwork is certainly odd.

I wonder if they still haven't finalized the art for some of the Pokemon and characters.

Neiteio

shiiiiiet you're forgiven man. That looks amazing.
LOL, good. Truth is, I absolutely adore both legendaries. I'm just feeling the sort of weird affection I now feel for Chespin -- that of initially thinking, "Meh," and then in short time thinking, "AWESOME." Same thing happened to me with Reshiram, lol.

Neiteio

I suspect the official Sugimori art for the legendaries will give both of them longer, more slender necks than either of the pieces I posted.

Darryl

Banned
Interesting, seems to be a different build, some things look different such as the color of the windows.

The game looks nice, but it leaves something to be desired in these pictures.. very much looks like a DS game that was up-ported or something.

most 3DS games seem to look like that from the pictures. during gameplay, the addition of modern shaders, particles, and 3D lighting will completely change the experience and it won't even be close.

I'm still not overly sold on either legendary. I desperately need to see some in-game Yveltal, because that one bit in the trailer where it's posing as a Y looks terrible. As for Xerneas, it's my prefered legendary for now, but I'm not a fan of its colour scheme. The bright, multi-coloured horns have a dodgy contrast with the darker blue/black body, I feel.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This is the kind of thing the Fennekin fanbase is into. Do you want to be associated with that? Vote Froakie.

I'd bring up Chespin, but that's like worrying about the third party in the US elections.

Neiteio

I'm still not overly sold on either legendary. I desperately need to see some in-game Yveltal, because that one bit in the trailer where it's posing as a Y looks terrible. As for Xerneas, it's my prefered legendary for now, but I'm not a fan of its colour scheme. The bright, multi-coloured horns have a dodgy contrast with the darker blue/black body, I feel.
I like how the lights on Xerneas' antlers contrast with his dark body. Like Christmas lights at night. :'O

As for Yveltal, my favorite of the two, the pose you're pointing out is very particular, from directly underneath him. To get a better sense of him, I say you should look at his side profile and backside as he swoops down in the first frame. He's a solid figure. :)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

I dunno, the lights give it a majestic feel especially if it's true that the horns hold the DNA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom