• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Nope. That would be infinite TMs.

I agree with you except that feeling when critical capture saves your ass when you're low on pokeballs

I was joking that you were seeing a bunch of people you don't recognize as being a part of PokeGAF, because this is the Gaming OT and no one knows where the PokeGAF Community thread is :p

I asked a question once in PokeGAF Community and got ignored :(

oh sorry, and yeah I barely go to pokegaf community as well. Mainly cause im not that into B2/W2

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Those starters don't even look like Pokemon....

They can't all be as creepy as Mr Mime.

iL9pyEGAs0Rsq.png

Like I said, only a fan of the Water starter right now. Could change my opinion after seeing more.. or if their evolutions are actually decent. I generally prefer the stage 1 evolution of starters over the final forms.

I agree with you except that feeling when critical capture saves your ass when you're low on pokeballs

For someone who is team building for actual tournament play, reusable TMs are vastly more important. Spending hours and hours farming for TMs, replaying games, etc, just to obtain more, is a nightmare and a huge time sink.

Unicorn

3D looks decent, considering how many pokemon the have. Water starter is the only one that looks good imo. I'll need to see more though. If the animations are as dry as Stadium, I won't play through all of it. B/W ended before the 8th gym. First pokemon i didn't dump at least 120 hours into. Don't even think I broke 20 :/

Just woke up. Footage looked awesome. Tho like others, I must say overworld seemed kinda janky.

So glad they have cel shaded graphics instead of realistic graphics like Pokedex 3D.

I have already picked the fire starter.

Salsa

For someone who is team building for actual tournament play, reusable TMs are vastly more important. Spending hours and hours farming for TMs, replaying games, etc, just to obtain more, is a nightmare and a huge time sink.

I totally agree and share that sentiment, it's just that there's at least 2 situations where I got lucky with critical capture while running low on balls, one involving a shiny. You can guess how I immediatly loved the mechanic

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Because of Serebii, I tended to have most of the Pokemon and their forms spoiled for me before the games came out. I have Pokemon Black I and haven't played it and just received Pokemon Black II as a gift for Christmas. I'm going to try and go into this without having anything spoiled. Though I guess I always have the risk of picking the starter that has a terrible final evolution (Tepig).

Toki767

The non-sprite graphics are definitely a surprise to wake up to. Strangely I was thinking the standard Pokemon graphics would translate pretty well in 3D but I guess they figure the 3DS is finally powerful enough to do 3D models. Looks like all their Pokedex 3D work led to this.

Platy

Why everyone is saying firefox ?

Looks more like those small dogs that people like Paris Hilton love to carry on their bags ...

Wiz

Hopefully I can transfer all my guys from Black/White over. I've had that Alakazam for...a long time.

I'm hoping there's just a "Transfer ALL Pokemon from PC" option...it would be hell trading over all my monsters one by one or even 6 by 6.

Salsa

I'm hoping there's just a "Transfer ALL Pokemon from PC" option...it would be hell trading over all my monsters one by one or even 6 by 6.

would make too much sense for GameFreak's love of the ancient bothersome mechanics

Koomaster

Oh yes!

I don't know if I can choose a starter yet until I know what their evolved forms look like. They all look so cute as babies tho. My heart is telling me Chespin, but I just don't know. I'm so excited and nervous!!!!! Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I'm wondering if those are actually the Pokedex 3D models or not. The general styling and texturing is pretty different. Maybe they just used them as a base to build these on top of.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Chespin is just a normal type pokemon. That green colored exterior is clothing.

I was lol so hard if that happened.

Majukun

Why everyone is saying firefox ?

Looks more like those small dogs that people like Paris Hilton love to carry on their bags ...

it's a fennec,it's a little type of fox if you would.
and anyway fennec was the codename of the mobile version of firefox XD

Xosen

I'm a little bit bored of Pokemon turn-based combat. With 3D models I was hoping for full pokemon control action combat but I suppose not... maybe next time....

I guess it's time to stock up on dusk balls. I pretty much only game at night anyways!

Learn new shit everyday.

Something about the overworld reminds me of those GameCube games.

Berordn

I'm a little bit bored of Pokemon turn-based combat. With 3D models I was hoping for full pokemon control action combat but I suppose not... maybe next time....

Pokemon's among the last bastion of turn based RPGs. If it goes, the genre dies with it.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I don't know, maybe it can be optional.

People will still want to use Surf or Strength as legit moves in game though, so idk.

The solution is to make HMs standard TMs, but only allow their use outside of battle available at the appropriate times like they already do. There's no reason for them to be locked on to a Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom