• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

zQzER.png

My point is proven. Dragonite is one of the only Gen I designs I feel this way about.

I found a 3DS for 70 bucks. Is the XL worth the additional 100?

I'd honestly go for the XL for the bigger screen. I always feel the regular 3DS' screen is too small with 3D on. But 70$ isnt bad for the original. Depends if you wanna save money or not I guess.

best part about new pokemon is the time between the announcement and the release. waiting for all the new pokemon to pop up with tons of fake insiders we all believe in. never gets old man.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I found a 3DS for 70 bucks. Is the XL worth the additional 100?

During the holidays there were plenty of XL bundles (with Mario Kart 7, or 3D Land, or NSMB2) for $149.99 in Canada. I'm sure you can find one on sale again at some point.

And yes, I think the XL is worth it if you can afford it. It's much more comfortable to hold than the OG model. It doesn't cut into my hands, the SELECT / HOME / START buttons don't feel like garbage and the build quality is better overall (less reports of scratching on the top screen from the lip of the bottom one, although still a problem with both our XL units). That's not even mentioning the gigantic screen, if that's a reason it appeals to you.

Hieberrr

I'd honestly go for the XL for the bigger screen. I always feel the regular 3DS' screen is too small with 3D on. But 70$ isnt bad for the original. Depends if you wanna save money or not I guess.

I definitely want to save money. But the huge screen is extremely tempting hnnggg.

NoTacos

Probably not. They'll still make screeches, bleeps and bloops. They finally went 3D and you expect them to make them talk too? :p

Honestly, how hard would it be to grab a few sound bytes from voice actors? They already started using actual voices in some of the background music in the last generation.

Everything looks amazing except the pokemon designs. My god, the starters don't even look like pokemon anymore.

Err what? They look like Pokemon.

The fire starter looks like vulpix. The water starter is a frog. The grass starter is the only questionable one.

Gen 1 had: Sludge, magnets, animals, some fire duck thingy, whatever the fuck abra/kadabra/alakazam is supposed to be, and whatever the fuck Poyrgon is supposed to be.

gen 1, gen 3, gen 4, gen 5...

you're full of lies, the first starter hasn't been best in forever!

I dunno, I remember Blaziken and Infernape being plenty strong and while I'm not high on their final evolutions, the other ones are pretty cool looking, especially Monferno and Combusken. And of course a lot of people love Charizard so you tell me?

Fuck yesssssssssssssssssssssssss!

I was hoping it'd be this and not a pokemon snap 2 or new pokemon stadium. DAY ONE! As always I'll be rolling the water dude.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I just woke up. It's... It's... Beautiful... -wipes away tear-. Reading the live/commentary on GAF ( aka the last 3 pages of the last thread) was glorious.

Now I'll read all the 27 pages of this thread. Every.single.one.

Thank you GAF, for riding this hypetrain with me.

HYPETRAIN DELIVEEEEEERS.

I'm getting so much more than I expected. I wanted Gen 6 and SOME 3D, I'm getting Gen 6 in FULL 3d, AND a worldwide release :') Is it october yet?

ultron87

The little circle of grass they stand on in battle bothers me for some reason. I hope it at least corresponds to the terrain.

I'm excited for a new Pokemon game in 3D, but why do the graphics still have to be N64 quality? I was expecting models looking as good as in Pokedex 3D.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
These graphics are kinda ugly.

They are probably still a work in progress and may improve before launch, but what do people expect from relatively large full 3D environments on the 3DS? The hardware isn't particularly powerful.

Regardless of the environments, I think the battle graphics look great. They really nailed the transition from 2D sprites to 3D in my opinion.

Really excited for this even though I haven't played a Pokemon game since gold. Every game, I think about getting into it but I never really liked the character designs of everything outside of Gen 1 (except Munchlax, that dude is dope) and it the gameplay/aesthetics never really evolved. This looks like the jump forward I've been waiting on. Can't wait.

TWILT

Banned
Looks pretty cool I guess. Not sure how I feel about the 3D graphics, but from what I've seen, the battles look awesome.

#TeamFennekin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom