• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

That's awful to hear, Mother Green. So disheartening. Hopefully the generosity of this little community can get you back on your feet in no time. I'd be happy to donate anything I could. Fingers crossed Nintendo can help you out though.

lupinko

I just realized that Dream Radar can also be used for farming Shards, so in some ways it's not only a legendary factory but a move tutor one as well. :O

I should start my White 2 game soon. :D

LaNaranja

I hate delphox design :(.

What sets do you run with pikachu and hitmonchan?

I was thinking about maybe a Poliwrath or some other forgotten gen 1-2 mons.

Delphox looks awesome :(

Pikachu (Light Ball, Static)
Naive, Perfect IVs and EVs in Speed and Attack
-Quick Attack
-Endure
-Reversal
-Volt Tackle

Pikachu packs a really solid punch and will OHKO a lot of stuff. It doesn't do too great against faster Pokemon or weather damage. You could substitute Static for Lightning Rod if you wanted to and beef it up to ridiculous levels if you correctly read an incoming electric attack. Grass Knot is another move you can put in if you want different coverage.

Hitmonchan (Expert Belt, Iron Fist)
Adamant, 252 Speed and Attack
-Agility
-Thunder Punch
-Ice Punch
-Close Combat

After a single use of Agility, he will out speed pretty much everything. As long as he doesn't get hit with a super effective hit he has enough armor to withstand pretty much anything. Thunder and Ice provide a ton of coverage and Iron Fist along with Expert Belt make OHKOs pretty much guaranteed when hitting a weakness.

Delphox (Power Herb, Magician)
Modest, 252 Speed and Special Attack
-Psyshock
-Solar Beam
-Fire Blast
-Calm Mind

Fire Blast hits everything really hard after a Calm Mind. Solar Beam can be used in one turn to kill any water types that try to get funny thanks to the Power Herb and then Magician steals their item before they die.

Sleepwalker

Pikachu (Light Ball, Static)
Naive, Perfect IVs and EVs in Speed and Attack
-Quick Attack
-Endure
-Reversal
-Volt Tackle

Pikachu packs a really solid punch and will OHKO a lot of stuff. It doesn't do too great against faster Pokemon or weather damage. You could substitute Static for Lightning Rod if you wanted to and beef it up to ridiculous levels if you correctly read an incoming electric attack. Grass Knot is another move you can put in if you want different coverage.

Hitmonchan (Expert Belt, Iron Fist)
Adamant, 252 Speed and Attack
-Agility
-Thunder Punch
-Ice Punch
-Close Combat

After a single use of Agility, he will out speed pretty much everything. As long as he doesn't get hit with a super effective hit he has enough armor to withstand pretty much anything. Thunder and Ice provide a ton of coverage and Iron Fist along with Expert Belt make OHKOs pretty much guaranteed when hitting a weakness.

-Psyshock
-Solar Beam
-Fire Blast
-Calm Mind

Fire Blast hits everything really hard after a Calm Mind. Solar Beam can be used in one turn to kill any water types that try to get funny thanks to the Power Herb and then Magician steals their item before they die.

I quite like the hitmonchan set, might give that a go. Also what kind of synergy do you guys use? I mean, usually what types of pokemon do you always have to have in your parties?

I've been playing monotype a lot but i feel i've just only scratched the surface of battling.

Kyzer

Banned

-Psyshock
-Solar Beam
-Fire Blast
-Calm Mind

Yo, thats vicious.

v1perz53

Geez, I don't feel so bad with Ponyta and most recently Piplup. Easily over 1k eggs with them. Probably same with Porygon but I stopped after some unreal amount... to hatch Piplup. I went from a nightmare to hell. LOL.

So... for you guys trying to complete Pokedex and think the unobtainable list doesn't help ya out with most recent games to get the Pokemon, I threw together this afternoon a quick list. I kind of had same problem when I was doing the dex.. and I probably really should have done something like this earlier.

my Google doc of most recent game(s) for the Pokemon unobtainable in X/Y

If there are mistakes let me know. And my apologies. Tried to throw it together relatively quickly. Also, if anyone here is interested in editing it to add or correct, willing to add folks I know to it.

This link is so incredibly useful, thanks so much for putting it together! Makes me glad I have my gen V games still.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I am having the hardest f-ing time getting a Politoed from GTS. Ugh. Someone just needs to take my damn Poliwrath already.

Muku

Ouch. I know stuff like this happens but it always sucks to hear it happen to people.

It's a Phione, not a Manaphy.

And I can probably get a Mew from the game if you REALLY want one. I don't have it but there are ways lol.

Ah, who would need a Phione at this point? Plenty of them going around. Though still leaves only that one game with Manaphy, right? Sheesh.

I want a clone of something that has legitimately come from it. I know there are ways of obtaining stuff through other means, which is I'm pretty sure how the level 12 or 13 Mew got passed around here. :p

This link is so incredibly useful, thanks so much for putting it together! Makes me glad I have my gen V games still.

You're welcome! Just glad folks are finding it useful. Was tempted to write up something to put on GameFAQs regarding it, but after the last thing I tried to put up, ugh. I just feel like GameFAQs is moving too much towards "make it pretty" versus "make it useful".

fek

Played my first few April Friendly matches today, I decided to go with an OP team (power herb Xerneas), not very fun but I wanted to try and win as much as I can.

Sleepwalker

Played my first few April Friendly matches today, I decided to go with an OP team (power herb Xerneas), not very fun but I wanted to try and win as much as I can.

I downloaded the ID but forgot to lock my battle box lol, not sure if i can still play.

I seriously hate the team I have in my battle box, but I was spending too long trying to breed other mons that I just settled with random ones and a Xerneas.

RomanceDawn

Wow. Seems like my savefile just broke. I don't know what I did wrong, didn't turn off while saving or anything. A few hours ago I could still play, I was just about to transfer some nice past event pokemon to X, when pokebank told me, there is no version of X or Y in the slot.
500 hours. pokedex slowly growing towards completion. Finally had all Mega Stones gathered. The time it took to pick up some more Leftovers. Or multiple copies of the Battle Maison items. Hatching and train competitive gen 6 pokemon. Damn. I wrote an email to Nintendo, but I obviously don't have much hope.

I'm so done with this shit.

I'll be glad to help you out if you get back into it.

My cousin's Blue died back in the day, he was so pissed he called Nintendo, he sent in his game and they sent him back every Pokemon with every item all numbered perfectly in his box. Call em and let them know whats up!

lupinko

I noticed my fortunes on GTS got a lot better when I started putting up 5IV/adamant/mold breaker/egg moves/premier ball Axews up.

But for whatever reason I think this may come back to haunt me when it comes to random net battles. Lol

LaNaranja

What is your team? I'm running Delphox, Greninja, Machamp, Golem, Yveltal, and Mewtwo X.

Had around 5-6 friendly matches myself and won all but 1 of them.

God bless
Vivillon and Talonflame.

Funniest match had to be against a dude with Tyranitar, something and Sableye. My Mega Absol evaded Tyranitar's Stone Edge and was ready to 2HKO it. Then the opponent switched to Sableye and used Will'o'wisp.

Needless to say, the opponent rage quitted after that (or tripped over their router in frustration).

I only brought my Mega Tyranitar and he's been putting in the work. So far i'm 13-7 but I can't play any more for today since the battle limit is 20 per day. Has anybody been saving their battles?

I only brought my Mega Tyranitar and he's been putting in the work. So far i'm 13-7 but I can't play any more for today since the battle limit is 20 per day. Has anybody been saving their battles?

Yup, mainly to remind myself of what I did right and what I did wrong.

Plus I think you get tons of video space.

Finally downloaded Y last night. Caught a bunch of pokemon and got to where the first gym was.... fell asleep mid-play and woke up with no save file :(

Gonna start from scratch today, girlfriend is sick so I can sink some above average hours in :3

Will you Gaffingtons be my 3DS friends so I can do that new safari zone? Actually, I'm not sure if it is new I played like an hour of B&W and I actually bought B&W2 but sold it, factory sealed, to an exchange student so I could make rent. So yeah... thanks for listening to my shite story. I'll see you in Pokemon

Sleepwalker

Guys, before I lock my battle box.

Once I do it, I won't be able to move pokemon in and out of it? Or just won't be able to compete until I have the same pokemon as before? I think I have a party ready but I have 2 of my gym pokemon and i don't want them trapped there lol.

Muku

Well, first shiny project since Piplup and got shiny Honedge within a couple hundred. Was taken back to find the red bugger pop up. 31/31/31/31/x/31.. but it's SpDef isn't 0, so I'll take it. Gotta check later to see what it's at though. Now to figure out what to tackle next.

Sleepwalker

Well, first shiny project since Piplup and got shiny Honedge within a couple hundred. Was taken back to find the red bugger pop up. 31/31/31/31/x/31.. but it's SpDef isn't 0, so I'll take it. Gotta check later to see what it's at though. Now to figure out what to tackle next.

Do you still have an extra piplup? I accidetanlly wonder traded mine and now i'm missing him lol

Muku

Do you still have an extra piplup? I accidetanlly wonder traded mine and now i'm missing him lol

With any IV or a specific IV? If any (5 is lowest I keep) then you're golden.

Edit: Also, got a 6IV Level 100 Raikou off GTS if anyone wants it. Adamant nature.

Edit 2: Actually, have several 6IV Piplup. You can have one of these 'cuz I gotta find them homes. Just don't WT this one, LOL.

I'll be glad to help you out if you get back into it.

My cousin's Blue died back in the day, he was so pissed he called Nintendo, he sent in his game and they sent him back every Pokemon with every item all numbered perfectly in his box. Call em and let them know whats up!

Haha, they really did that? That's awesome.^^ I called them today, but I wasn't that lucky. I asked them for something to make up for it, but there was nothing they could do. The guy I talked to, fully understood my rage though. Well, I guess it can't be helped. I'll be back, better than ever before! And then some...

Sleepwalker

With any IV or a specific IV? If any (5 is lowest I keep) then you're golden.

Edit: Also, got a 6IV Level 100 Raikou off GTS if anyone wants it. Adamant nature.

Edit 2: Actually, have several 6IV Piplup. You can have one of these 'cuz I gotta find them homes. Just don't WT this one, LOL.

If the imperfect IV can be in attack, that'd be great. If not, just give me whatever I don't mind lol.

Edit: oh amazing haha and yeah i wont.

Sleepwalker

Guys, before I lock my battle box.

Once I do it, I won't be able to move pokemon in and out of it? Or just won't be able to compete until I have the same pokemon as before? I think I have a party ready but I have 2 of my gym pokemon and i don't want them trapped there lol.

Anyone?

RomanceDawn

I'm not sure I understand the question. Your battle box isn't locked. It's just a convenient box of 6 you can choose on the fly when you want to do the Battle Mason or battle real people. You can switch Pokemon out at anytime when you are at a PC.

You can essentially have 2 teams ready at any given moment for real life battles.

Curently 9 matches win streak in Battle Spot. My new record.
People have legit problems dealing with paraflinch Togekiss lol
Also, Mega Venusar is a beast and Greninja is pretty much broken with Protean.

Type2

I'm looking for a spitback femalr dratini with ha and in a special pokeball. I think luxury is prefered. Upgrading my plain pokeball team members.

Phew... just 4 more battles to go. I think I'll save them for near midnight.

Did slightly poorly than before, with three extra losses. One was from my internet dying near the beginning though.

That said, I'm smiling at all the Greninjas I've one-shotted.

Also, I feel like I'm trolling with that crazy butterfly. I may just do a video montage of all the foes its vanquished, including the likes of Aegislash and Xerneas.

I'm not sure I understand the question. Your battle box isn't locked. It's just a convenient box of 6 you can choose on the fly when you want to do the Battle Mason or battle real people. You can switch Pokemon out at anytime when you are at a PC.

You can essentially have 2 teams ready at any given moment for real life battles.

Nah, they're talking about online competitions. Before you begin one, you need to lock down your battle box, to stop you switching pokes midway through.

NA48

Neo Member
Do you guys have any advice about how I can round out the rest of my team? I've bred a few really solid PkMn lately, but I'm not sure where I should be aiming with the other half of my team to become an ultimate Pokemon master. This is what I've got so-far:

Dragonite (Multiscale @ Choice Band, EVs in Attack/Speed)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Extremespeed

Volcarona (Flame Body @ Life Orb, EVs in SpA/Speed)
- Firey Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Hurricane

Rotom-W (Levitate @ Chesto Berry, EVs in HP/SpD)
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will o' Wisp
- Rest

I'm thinking about a ghost type (to spinblock - maybe a Gengar with a poison move to kill faries?), and I also don't have a mega yet (maybe Venusaur, or Lucario?). A Tyranitar or Skarmory might also be nice for hazards. Thoughts?

Top Bottom