• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Ugh I'll just go and catch mewtwo, for this tournament

Oh, actually darkrai shall be used.

Is that the April Friendly? Only Kalos Pokemon are allowed : P

Anyway, final standing for today 12 wins, 8 losses. Eh, I think it's alright for a novice.

Kind of sucks that you can't switch your party on subsequent days. I think I made a bad choice including Kingdra... Only sent him out once and he got floored.

Sleepwalker

Anyway, final standing for today 12 wins, 8 losses. Eh, I think it's alright for a novice.

Kind of sucks that you can't switch your party on subsequent days. I think I made a bad choice including Kingdra... Only sent him out once and he got floored.

Isn't having the pentagon enough?

Sleepwalker

Anyone got a synchronize timid pokemon i could borrow for a few minutes please? Just need to get this mewtwo done and dusted, don't really want perfect IVs but the nature is important.

one_kill

Well, first shiny project since Piplup and got shiny Honedge within a couple hundred. Was taken back to find the red bugger pop up. 31/31/31/31/x/31.. but it's SpDef isn't 0, so I'll take it. Gotta check later to see what it's at though. Now to figure out what to tackle next.
Congrats Muku! Check your PM :p

Curently 9 matches win streak in Battle Spot. My new record.
People have legit problems dealing with paraflinch Togekiss lol
Also, Mega Venusar is a beast and Greninja is pretty much broken with Protean.
Protean Greninja's not broken haha

Mega Venusaur's awesome as long as you watch out for Pokemon with Flying and/or Psychic moves

Do you guys have any advice about how I can round out the rest of my team? I've bred a few really solid PkMn lately, but I'm not sure where I should be aiming with the other half of my team to become an ultimate Pokemon master. This is what I've got so-far:

Dragonite (Multiscale @ Choice Band, EVs in Attack/Speed)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Extremespeed

Volcarona (Flame Body @ Life Orb, EVs in SpA/Speed)
- Firey Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Hurricane

Rotom-W (Levitate @ Chesto Berry, EVs in HP/SpD)
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will o' Wisp
- Rest

I'm thinking about a ghost type (to spinblock - maybe a Gengar with a poison move to kill faries?), and I also don't have a mega yet (maybe Venusaur, or Lucario?). A Tyranitar or Skarmory might also be nice for hazards. Thoughts?
You need bulky Pokemon

Muku

The Darkrai should be allowed. The movie Darkrai is considered Kalos. :)

Congrats Muku! Check your PM :p

Gotcha covered. Just let me know when you're around. Will be gone for a bit in afternoon but will be back.

Protean Greninja's not broken haha

Mega Venusaur's awesome as long as you watch out for Pokemon with Flying and/or Psychic moves

Mega Venusaur swept my last match until the guy threw a Mewtwo out of his ass. =/ OHKO... Greninja dealt with Mewtwo though with a single Dark Pulse.

For the past few days I've been trying to get the Shiny Charm. I've narrowed it down to 4 Pokemon needed and I'm not having any luck on the GTS. I shouldn't have deleted my Platinum save. :<

Please help me register the following Pokemon:
-Groudon
-Rayquaza
-Porygon-Z
-Regigigas

I don't have much to offer since I stopped breeding around December.

Muku

For the past few days I've been trying to get the Shiny Charm. I've narrowed it down to 4 Pokemon needed and I'm not having any luck on the GTS. I shouldn't have deleted my Platinum save. :<

Please help me register the following Pokemon:
-Groudon
-Rayquaza
-Porygon-Z
-Regigigas

I don't have much to offer since I stopped breeding around December.

Do you need to keep them or just see them?

Muku

Thank you!
I still have you on my friend list :)

I hope I still have you. Have had to delete a couple folks since I've long hit cap. What's your IGN? And are you online now? I am.

Uggggghh. Freaking hate baby Pokemon. I miss when Pikachu was just breeding Pikachu. Pichu is such a pain in the ass. Egg moves + nature + IV's.. gotta keep leveling those shitty Pichu just to breed.

I hope I still have you. Have had to delete a couple folks since I've long hit cap. What's your IGN? And are you online now? I am.

Uggggghh. Freaking hate baby Pokemon. I miss when Pikachu was just breeding Pikachu. Pichu is such a pain in the ass. Egg moves + nature + IV's.. gotta keep leveling those shitty Pichu just to breed.
My IGN is Andy. Yeah I'm online.
I know what you mean I had a grueling time breeding Lucario! At least baby Pokemon in the wild now have 3 perfect IVs.

Muku

My IGN is Andy.
I know what you mean I had a grueling time breeding Lucario! At least baby Pokemon in the wild now have 3 perfect IVs.

Well, it's not getting the IVs, it's just breeding once you have the moves then the nature you want... work on IVs. But each new step requires you to go level the stupid baby Pokemon. I hated them when they first released, and I still hate them now.

Well, it's not getting the IVs, it's just breeding once you have the moves then the nature you want... work on IVs. But each new step requires you to go level the stupid baby Pokemon. I hated them when they first released, and I still hate them now.
I can't trade you back the Rayquaza because it has learned an HM move...

is your Greninja scarfed? Because mine has yet to outspeed a Mewtwo.

No, he isn't. I hate choice itens. So boring.
Just full speed investment and a favored nature, forgot to mention Togekiss paralized mewtwo. =P

btw, 3 straight rage quitters in a row... ridiculous. I though this was not a thing in pokemon... wtf...

Muku

Thanks I've never encountered this so I was dumbfounded.

When I first encountered it I was a bit dumbfounded too. It's like, but I just traded something with an HM. Then I realized it was from my PC Box. Seriously stupid restriction that doesn't really stop anything. :(

Edit: Silver, I think it's a thing in everything. The whole "GOTTA BE PERFECT!" thing is so annoying. I think that's why I tend not to do a lot of stuff online anymore. I stopped playing Mario Kart online because of that crap. :(

When I first encountered it I was a bit dumbfounded too. It's like, but I just traded something with an HM. Then I realized it was from my PC Box. Seriously stupid restriction that doesn't really stop anything. :(

Edit: Silver, I think it's a thing in everything. The whole "GOTTA BE PERFECT!" thing is so annoying. I think that's why I tend not to do a lot of stuff online anymore. I stopped playing Mario Kart online because of that crap. :(
Yeah and I had another Pokemon with Fly in my party so I thought it would take that into consideration.
Thank you very much I now am in possession of a Shiny Charm thanks to you.
Good luck on your Pikachu! :)

Muku

Yeah and I had another Pokemon with Fly in my party so I thought it would take that into consideration.
Thank you very much I now am in possession of a Shiny Charm thanks to you.
Good luck on your Pikachu! :)

You're welcome! Don't forget to get Oval Charm too. Totally worth it if you're breeding a lot of Pokemon.

Thank you. :) Feel like I'm going to spend more time in wild level these things than actually breeding this time around, haha.

lupinko

For Choice Band/Adamant Mesprit, should I do all three elemental punches and zen headbutt or zen headbutt/ice punch/trick or u-turn/fire punch or thunder punch?

Muku

Okay, so maybe I was too harsh on Pichu earlier. Despite having to level it, it just presented me with the opportunity of tackling a Trevenant horde... with a shiny Trevenant. Awww yeah. Still going to breed for one with good IVs at some point though. This ghost tree is awesome.

Syntsui

I am on my way to the last badge.

Just caught Yvetal on my first try, with one ultraball. I was really nervous about its nature since the non skippable cutscenes are way too long and I didn't want to waste time. Turns out it was modest lol. Just need to check its IVs.

I wonder what will be the use of the master ball, are there roaming Pokemon's in this game?

Muku

I am on my way to the last badge.

Just caught Yvetal on my first try, with one ultraball. I was really nervous about its nature since the non skippable cutscenes are way too long and I didn't want to waste time. Turns out it was modest lol. Just need to check its IVs.

I wonder what will be the use of the master ball, are there roaming Pokemon's in this game?

The only roaming Pokemon will be one of the birds (Zapdos, Articuno, or Moltres depending on which starter you chose), but you have to encounter them so many times then they fly to one spot and don't run. I keep my Masterball around for shiny oh shit emergency. Like maybe for something that runs (Abra), or something that isn't being caught by normal balls and it's dying (be it by killing itself or a debuff or whatever).

Muku

Holy shit. I was looking for something within the menus and I think I found a way to stop auto syncing. I didn't even realize this was an option.

On PSS are go to Game Sync -> Settings -> Auto Sync (turn on and off)

Edit: BTW, thank you lupinko. :)

PBalfredo

I'm thinking of putting Flame Charge on my Charizard Y, since most things that give me a hard time juuuuuuuust outspeed Charizard. The question is which move should I get rid for it? I'm currently running

Heat Wave
Solar Beam
Focus Blast
Dragon Pulse

Dragon Pulse is pretty much just used against dragons, but it's also the only thing zard has against dragons. Focus Blast hits hard and gives me coverage, but the accuracy is unreliable.

CassSept

So....

Nearly 11 years, 4 generations, 8 games (from every region! PAL, NTSC-J, NTSC-U), hours upon hours and I've finally got around to finishing my living dex :D Amazing, though of note is that I wouldn't be able to complete it without huge help from one_kill who supplied me with the missing event Pokemon. At last, I finally, I can't believe I managed to finally succeed at it :D

JoeM86

A new Battle Competition has been announced. This battle competition is the 2014 International Challenge May and runs for all regions at the same time. This competition runs standard VGC rules:

A Double Battle competition, with only Pokémon in the Kalos Pokédex eligible, and only if they were hatched/caught in Kalos.
It also restricts use of Mewtwo, Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde.

Registration runs from May 9th to May 16th while the competition itself runs from May 16th to May 19th.

All people who participate will receive 1,000 PokéMile Points

Syntsui

So... Is it worth it to pay for pokebank just for celebi? Are they going to give event Pokemon from time to time?

I don't have Black/White so I just don't see the point in paying for it :s

Another thing, what happens to the stored Pokemon when the subscription ends?

So... Is it worth it to pay for pokebank just for celebi? Are they going to give event Pokemon from time to time?

I don't have Black/White so I just don't see the point in paying for it :s

Another thing, what happens to the stored Pokemon when the subscription ends?

Nah, not worth it for Celebi. It's worth it for the storage space and ability to transfer.

If you want Celebi, I have some spare, although they've been cloned if that bothers you. Pretty sure loads of people could hook you up with Celebi too : P

After the subscriptions ends, it depends on how kind Nintendo is. When my free trial ended, I could still download Pokemon, but not upload them. However Nintendo does state that they can delete boxes.

Top Bottom