• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Sleepwalker

Mewtwo, Timid, IVs: 25 / 31 / 24 / 31 / 31 / 27

Think I might keep this one, only thing bothering me is that speed, but at lvl 50 it shouldn't make too much of a difference, right?

Blah, yesterday I had a W/L record of 13-7 and today is 12-8. I'm sitting at 25-15, but it feels good to clown Mega Mewtwo-Y with Mega Tyranitar.

macklelol

Mewtwo, Timid, IVs: 25 / 31 / 24 / 31 / 31 / 27

Think I might keep this one, only thing bothering me is that speed, but at lvl 50 it shouldn't make too much of a difference, right?

It'll probably only matter against other Mewtwos or Mega Gengar, I guess. Matters even less if you're gonna use Mega Mewtwo Y.

Had some pretty cool moments today.

Amoonguss totally wrecked my Xerneas. Why oh why didn't I send out Talonflame to contain it?

Good thing I ran into a Xerneas v Xerneas match later. Yeah, you can Geomancy, but I'm just gonna Roar you away : P

Finally, I got way too lucky in this one match. I had to switch three times before I could finally kill the first Aegislash. Then Tyranitar proceeds to Stealth Rock my Mega Absol. Um, what?

Syntsui

Nah, not worth it for Celebi. It's worth it for the storage space and ability to transfer.

If you want Celebi, I have some spare, although they've been cloned if that bothers you. Pretty sure loads of people could hook you up with Celebi too : P

After the subscriptions ends, it depends on how kind Nintendo is. When my free trial ended, I could still download Pokemon, but not upload them. However Nintendo does state that they can delete boxes.
Well its pretty underwhelming. Is there a limit on boxes in game? If so I can see it being useful...

About Celebi, I would love to have one if you could spare. My FC is 1607 3632 6772 / Andi. I'm about to finish the game in the next few days and start the breeding frenzy, as soon as I get some good pokes I will gladly offer them here to payback everyone's generosity.

Well its pretty underwhelming. Is there a limit on boxes in game? If so I can see it being useful...

About Celebi, I would love to have one if you could spare. My FC is 1607 3632 6772 / Andi. I'm about to finish the game in the next few days and start the breeding frenzy, as soon as I get some good pokes I will gladly offer them here to payback everyone's generosity.

Sure, are you free to trade around now?

If it matters, I have Quiet, Naught or Naive (the perks of having three 3DSes). Which one would you like?

EDIT

IGN is GamerGuides and FC is in my profile.

It is so annoying to constantly run into Geomancy Xerneas. With Power Herb. If I had known before hand there were gonna be so many I would've packed a phazer. Oh well

It is so annoying to constantly run into Geomancy Xerneas. With Power Herb. If I had known before hand there were gonna be so many I would've packed a phazer. Oh well

I knew I'd need one because I was running Power Herb Xerneas myself : P

If nobody uses uber legendaries though, I won't send it out.

My most annoying opponents so far are probably Kangaskhan or Aegislash. Got no good Pokemon to deal with them, so I just cross my fingers...

Oh yeah, don't even remind me of that Choice Scarfed Cloyster...

Most of the matches I've lost were because I either let Scizor or Xerneas set up. Though my Roserade did survive a belly drum Azumarill aqua jet yesterday. So proud ;3;

Sleepwalker

I wish i had more competitive mons for this thing, I still haven't even locked my battle box.

Anyone got a choice scarf I can borrow? I think i'm going to run scarfed garchomp in this thing.

Probably going to bring in mewtwo , darkrai (if allowd), mega blaziken, garchomp, volcarona and either scizor or a ninetales with roar.

Also Aveyn, I'd love that magikarp!

fek

I wish i had more competitive mons for this thing, I still haven't even locked my battle box.

Anyone got a choice scarf I can borrow? I think i'm going to run scarfed garchomp in this thing.

Probably going to bring in mewtwo , darkrai (if allowd), mega blaziken, garchomp, volcarona and either scizor or a ninetales with roar.

Also Aveyn, I'd love that magikarp!
You can't use Darkrai, Blaziken, Volcarona and Ninetales, they aren't in the Kalos dex. You can check the list of allowed pokemon here: link

Can you trade now/soon? Or later? : )

Also, if anybody is bored and wants to see me deal with scary Aegislash (who may have gotten +6 Attack), here's the battle vid: 5B3G WWWW WWW7 XGV6 (hope no typos...)

And here I thought eating +4 was scary, you survived a +6 shadow sneak like a boss. Good on ya using Mow Rotom, i have yet to see him online.

PBalfredo

The Kalos Dex restriction for official competition annoys me since Gastrodon is a mainstay of my team, and I use Galvantula too. Gastrodon is bulky, has the great Water/Ground typing and protects teammates with Storm Drain. Galvantula lets me threaten with Thunder without setup thanks to Compound eyes and allows me to set up Sticky Web. Both are pretty unique abilities. PokeGAF, who would you recommend as replacements for those two?

LaNaranja

I started trying to complete the pokedex again yesterday. The Kalos pokedex is done, and I am working on the costal one now. I have 414 in the national dex :/

Are there any tips you shiny charm owners have for finishing it?

whoops meant to say central kalos is done. Thanks for the advice!

I started trying to complete the pokedex again yesterday. The Kalos pokedex is done, and I am working on the costal one now. I have 414 in the national dex :/

Are there any tips you shiny charm owners have for finishing it?

Deposit decently valuble pokemon in the GTS and you're sure to get traded back 90% of the time, sometimes pretty quickly.

Sleepwalker

The Kalos Dex restriction for official competition annoys me since Gastrodon is a mainstay of my team, and I use Galvantula too. Gastrodon is bulky, has the great Water/Ground typing and protects teammates with Storm Drain. Galvantula lets me threaten with Thunder without setup thanks to Compound eyes and allows me to set up Sticky Web. Both are pretty unique abilities. PokeGAF, who would you recommend as replacements for those two?

Rest of your team is?

----

Just had my first battle, Mega Scizor (mine) vs Mega Aggron as the last pokemons, mega aggron was at half hp and he was spamming earthquake lol, I only have bullet punch + u-turn on my scizor so this was a long matchup, had to sword dance 3 times before I could do decent damage. Aggron packed no threat at all since I was roosting the EQ damage.

I usually don't run Scizor with Roost, but since he's my only bulky pokemon I needed some type of recovery.

PBalfredo

Rest of your team is?
Charizard Y and Prankster Sableye. Those plus Gastrodon and Galvantula are the four that I usually use for Doubles. The other two slots on my team have been in flux. In the past I have used Drapion, duel screen Espeon, Meowstic (M and/or F), Kangaskhan and Aerodactyl.

Merovin

I just cannot get into the competitive side of Pokémon at all, even with EV training being so easy now, breeding, find Pokémon to make a good team, the right items and moves etc, how do you guys do it? I wish I had it in me!

PBalfredo

Just finished the campaign!

What are the relevant post game content I should seek now?

You should now be able to take the train from Luminos City to Kiloude City, there you can run the Battle Mansion. You can also battle your rival each day there. The first time you win will earn you the mega stone for Absol.

Muku

Just finished the campaign!

What are the relevant post game content I should seek now?

There's what.. that one quest line in Luminose or whatever you can do. Only did a part or two. Catching your Mewtwo, Zygarde, and bird (depending on your starter choice) if you want to legendary hunt. Can also run through Friend Safari's. And breeding becomes a big thing now. And you can focusing on working on Dex.

Syntsui

There's what.. that one quest line in Luminose or whatever you can do. Only did a part or two. Catching your Mewtwo, Zygarde, and bird (depending on your starter choice) if you want to legendary hunt. Can also run through Friend Safari's. And breeding becomes a big thing now. And you can focusing on working on Dex.

I will look into it. Sad to know that I got the worst bird since I chose Froakie -_-

Hobobloke

Was breeding my team and I just happened to hatch a shiny Smeargle, awww yeah! Going to paint the town red at regionals.

Does anyone have a Kangaskhan with Inner Focus, seems to be the only thing I can't get a hold of for myself. Would also appreciate anyone with a Darkrai (saw LORD giving some out not long ago) adding me as I need to sketch dark void for Smeargle.

I'm feeling good about my VGC play now, just broke top 500 on showdown and feeling confident I can take the tournament.

Muku

Was breeding my team and I just happened to hatch a shiny Smeargle, awww yeah! Going to paint the town red at regionals.

Does anyone have a Kangaskhan with Inner Focus, seems to be the only thing I can't get a hold of for myself. Would also appreciate anyone with a Darkrai (saw LORD giving some out not long ago) adding me as I need to sketch dark void for Smeargle.

I'm feeling good about my VGC play now, just broke top 500 on showdown and feeling confident I can take the tournament.

Nice! Hope IVs are good on it. Congrats!

PBalfredo

I got spare Inner Focus Kangaskhans. Hows about a Jolly 5IV one (31 on everything except HP, unfortunately)? Just gimmie whatever breeding reject you feel is fair.

My FC is 0001-3764-1620
In game name is PBalfredo.

edit: going to bed now. Hit me up about it tomorrow if you're still interested.

lupinko

I just want my 12 more red shards dammit, so Mesprit can have all the elemental punches for me to rush him to X to join Azelf, Uxie and the 3 genies on my team.

macklelol

I'm a little curious as to how this didn't get blocked at all by PokeTransporter lol
ntRqMZM.jpg

You get either a level 1 Dialga, Palkia, or Giratina for trading the event Arceus into Heart Gold or Soul Silver and going to the Sinjoh Ruins. I just don't know if anyone would bother resetting through the cutscene that many times for a shiny. At best, it's probably RNGed.

Edit: Ninja'd

lupinko

Speaking of Sinnoh dragons again the reminder that I can provide dream radar versions of them as well as genies and Lugia and Hooh. The duo and dragons all have HA and they can have your OT too providing it doesn't exceed the 7 character limit.

Hobobloke

Nice! Hope IVs are good on it. Congrats!

HP, Atk, Def, Spd are the IV's. As soon as I saw it hatch I knew I wanted to run it and was just hoping it was max speed; turned out almost perfect so I'm stoked, not like smeargle is going to be acting as a special wall or anything.

I got spare Inner Focus Kangaskhans. Hows about a Jolly 5IV one (31 on everything except HP, unfortunately)? Just gimmie whatever breeding reject you feel is fair.

My FC is 0001-3764-1620
In game name is PBalfredo.

edit: going to bed now. Hit me up about it tomorrow if you're still interested.

Awesome, PM'd.

Sleepwalker

Speaking of Sinnoh dragons again the reminder that I can provide dream radar versions of them as well as genies and Lugia and Hooh. The duo and dragons all have HA and they can have your OT too providing it doesn't exceed the 7 character limit.

Do you still have those for me? :D

Syntsui

It would be marvelous if you could provide those.

Top Bottom