• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Azure J

OK guys, so you have the following:

Lucario @ Lucarionite (Hasty, 252IV in Speed, 48IV Attack, 204 Sp.Atk)

Dark Pulse
Aura Sphere
Flash Cannon
Close Combat

Volcarona (Modest, 252 Sp.Atk/Speed)

Roost
Bug Buzz
Fiery Dance
Quiver Dance

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf (Timid, 252 Sp.Atk/Speed)

Fire Blast
Dark Pulse
Focus Blast
Draco Meteor

1. Who should I fill in the other three spots for a balanced team?
2. If I want to have a Fire/Water/Grass core, who should I look at to compliment Volcarona in this team setup?

Syntsui

Yes.

I can always do, I pretty much turned dream radar into a legendary factory.

Getting around to do that with MPR for a Mew factory. I also have the bonus disc for Coliseum so that's a Jirachi factory right there. But right now, it's only dream radar.
Interesting, how does dream radar work exactly? Amazing how you can get loads of them.

What is your FC?

Frost_Ace

OK guys, so you have the following:

Lucario @ Lucarionite (Hasty, 252IV in Speed, 48IV Attack, 204 Sp.Atk)

Dark Pulse
Aura Sphere
Flash Cannon
Close Combat

Volcarona (Modest, 252 Sp.Atk/Speed)

Roost
Bug Buzz
Fiery Dance
Quiver Dance

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf (Timid, 252 Sp.Atk/Speed)

Fire Blast
Dark Pulse
Focus Blast
Draco Meteor

1. Who should I fill in the other three spots for a balanced team?
2. If I want to have a Fire/Water/Grass core, who should I look at to compliment Volcarona in this team setup?
Are you planning to use the team in wifi or with friends? With which rules you'll be playing?

HP, Atk, Def, Spd are the IV's. As soon as I saw it hatch I knew I wanted to run it and was just hoping it was max speed; turned out almost perfect so I'm stoked, not like smeargle is going to be acting as a special wall or anything.

Awesome, PM'd.
Oh man I've been looking for a HA kangha forever. Can I have one of your breeding rejects when you're done?

lupinko

Interesting, how does dream radar work exactly? Amazing how you can get loads of them.

What is your FC?

My Fc 4124-5002-7452 / ign Black Mamba.

Basically you make backups of your save at each junction (Tornadus transfer, etc) and just reload them each time with a new save of BW2. I have both games and use B2 to do it each time. Since it's pretty cheap I'll probably get a JP black 2 and black 1 to play whenever. Since I have NA White 1&2.

MPR works like this too since it's 1 Mew/Phione per MPR save and not per Diamond or Pearl cart. So basically for MPR you just deposit 999 pokes from Diamond and Pearl together, give Hayley her leafeon and generic egg, then withdraw pokes, wipe mpr save and repeat. The first time I did this was with only one cart, but since then I got another in Diamond.

The only reason why my Mew and Jirachi farms have stalled is the lack of Wii hdmi converter or VGA cable since I don't own a tv here in Japan but rather that benq monitor used for RTS, moba and fighting game tournaments.

Now for your dream radar legendaries do you want your ot name and trainer gender or do you want the ones I've farmed already in my Pokebank?

Edit: Also Dream Radar is going to make my W2 playthrough a lot of fun since I'm using the Sinnoh dragons, Johto duo, and Unova genies as my starters.

Poor Cheren has to fight that first haha.

Syntsui

My Fc 4124-5002-7452 / ign Black Mamba.

Basically you make backups of your save at each junction (Tornadus transfer, etc) and just reload them each time with a new save of BW2. I have both games and use B2 to do it each time. Since it's pretty cheap I'll probably get a JP black 2 and black 1 to play whenever. Since I have NA White 1&2.

MPR works like this too since it's 1 Mew/Phione per MPR save and not per Diamond or Pearl cart. So basically for MPR you just deposit 999 pokes from Diamond and Pearl together, give Hayley her leafeon and generic egg, then withdraw pokes, wipe mpr save and repeat. The first time I did this was with only one cart, but since then I got another in Diamond.

The only reason why my Mew and Jirachi farms have stalled is the lack of Wii hdmi converter or VGA cable since I don't own a tv here in Japan but rather that benq monitor used for RTS, moba and fighting game tournaments.

Now for your dream radar legendaries do you want your ot name and trainer gender or do you want the ones I've farmed already in my Pokebank?

Edit: Also Dream Radar is going to make my W2 playthrough a lot of fun since I'm using the Sinnoh dragons, Johto duo, and Unova genies as my starters.

Poor Cheren has to fight that first haha.
Wow that seems complicated. If its not too much work you can put my OT: Andi and gender: Male or you can give the ones you already have, doesn't matter that much.

Just added you, my FC is 1607 3632 6772 / Andi

Azure J

Mega Lucario is banned in OU, so you'll have to use a different mega evolution if you want to play under Smogon's rules.

Oh wow... :(

Edit: Well let's say I'm going to continue building this team to play in a no holds barred environment, what should I look into?

lupinko

Wow that seems complicated. If its not too much work you can put my OT: Andi and gender: Male or you can give the ones you already have, doesn't matter that much.

Just added you, my FC is 1607 3632 6772 / Andi

I'll generate them when I get home with your OT. :)

Edit: I should really learn how to RNG dream radar for perfect IVs, natures and shiny. Lol

Muku

Got some stuff to give away again. Cleaning up stuff that made previous attempts to go on.. but it's gotta go now...

Piplup
- All Modest, Females, Egg Moves: Icy Wind, Hydro Pump, Feather Dance, Aqua Ring
x3 31/X/31/31/31/31

Zorua
- Modest, Male, Egg Moves: Counter, Dark Pulse
x1 31/X/31/31/31/31

Eevee
- All Bold, Anticipation, Egg Moves: Covet, Wish, Yawn, Charm
x3 31/X/31/31/31/31 Males
x1 31/31/X/31/31/31 Female

Ponyta
- Adamant, Female, Flame Body, Egg Moves: Low Kick, Double Kick, Flame Wheel, Morning Sun
x1 31/31/31/X/31/31

Froakie
- All Protean
x1 31/31/31/X/31/31 Female - Timid
x1 31/31/31/31/X/31 Male - Modest - Egg Moves: Water Pulse, Round

lupinko

Got some stuff to give away again. Cleaning up stuff that made previous attempts to go on.. but it's gotta go now...

Honedge
- All Adamant, Males, Egg Moves: Metal Sound, Shadow Sneak
x3 31/31/31/X/31/31

Piplup
- All Modest, Females, Egg Moves: Icy Wind, Hydro Pump, Feather Dance, Aqua Ring
x3 31/X/31/31/31/31

Pichu
- All Adamant, Males, Lightning Rod, Egg Moves: Fake Out, Thunder Punch, Encore
x3 31/31/31/X/31/31

Zorua
- All Modest, Males, Egg Moves: Counter, Dark Pulse
x2 31/X/31/31/31/31

Squirtle
- Modest, Male, Rain Dish, Egg Moves: Fake Out, Dragon Pulse, Aura Sphere, Muddy Water
x1 31/31/31/31/31/X

Charmander
- All Adamant, Males, Blaze
x1 31/31/31/X/31/31 Egg Moves: Dragon Rush, Outrage, Crunch, Flare Blitz
x1 31/31/31/X/31/31 Egg Moves: Flare Blitz, Outrage, Crunch, Dragon Pulse

Eevee
- All Bold, Males, Anticipation, Egg Moves: Covet, Wish, Yawn, Charm
x4 31/X/31/31/31/31

Ponyta
- All Adamant, Females, Flame Body, Egg Moves: Low Kick, Double Kick, Flame Wheel, Morning Sun
x3 31/31/31/X/31/31

Porygon
- All Timid
x1 31/X/31/31/31/31 Trace
x2 31/X/31/31/31/31 Download

Phione
- All Modest
x1 31/31/31/X/31/31
x1 31/31/31/31/X/31
x1 31/31/31/31/31/X

Chimchar
- All Jolly, Males, Iron Fist, Egg Moves: Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Focus Punch
x2 X/31/31/31/31/31

Dratini
- Adamant, Female, Marvel Scale, Egg Moves: Dragon Rush, Dragon Dance, Aqua Jet, Extreme Speed
x1 31/X/31/31/31/31

Froakie
- All Timid, Females, Protean
x1 X/31/31/31/31/31
x1 31/31/31/X/31/31

Chikorita
- All Adamant, Males
x2 31/X/31/31/31/31
x1 31/31/31/31/31/X

Can I get one of each? Any really, except for Penguin and eevee. Lol

Muku

Can I get one of each? Any really, except for Penguin and eevee. Lol

What, you no want moar penguinz?! ;)

Want, Dratini, Chimchar, Phione, Porygon, Ponyta, Charmie, Squirtle, Zorua, Pichu, Honedge, Froakie, and Chikorita then?

NeoSoma, you may have both. Don't bother with either FC on profile. Instead, add this one: 2191 7720 9084

Edit: Heading out shortly, but will be back later in day.

lupinko

What, you no want moar penguinz?! ;)

Want, Dratini, Chimchar, Phione, Porygon, Ponyta, Charmie, Squirtle, Zorua, Pichu, Honedge, Froakie, and Chikorita then?

NeoSoma, you may have both. Don't bother with either FC on profile. Instead, add this one: 2191 7720 9084

Edit: Heading out shortly, but will be back later in day.

I'm still at work, so yes to those and no more penguins.

Cue yugioh abridged penguins meme.

lupinko

Ah are penguins in that? I see Piplup and think Disgaea.

Ehh more like Empoleon I guess. Lol

bVlja5n.jpg

Sleepwalker

Honedge
- All Adamant, Males, Egg Moves: Metal Sound, Shadow Sneak
x2 31/31/31/X/31/31

Piplup
x3 31/X/31/31/31/31

Pichu
- All Adamant, Males, Lightning Rod, Egg Moves: Fake Out, Thunder Punch, Encore
x2 31/31/31/X/31/31

Zorua
- All Modest, Males, Egg Moves: Counter, Dark Pulse
x2 31/X/31/31/31/31

Charmander
- Male
x1 31/X/31/31/31/31 Modest - Solar Power - Egg Moves: Ancient Power, Dragon Pulse

Eevee
- All Bold, Anticipation, Egg Moves: Covet, Wish, Yawn, Charm
x4 31/X/31/31/31/31 Males
x1 31/31/X/31/31/31 Female

Ponyta
- All Adamant, Females, Flame Body, Egg Moves: Low Kick, Double Kick, Flame Wheel, Morning Sun
x2 31/31/31/X/31/31

Porygon
- All Timid
x1 31/X/31/31/31/31 Download

Phione
- All Modest
x1 31/31/31/31/X/31
x1 31/31/31/31/31/X

Froakie
- All Protean
x1 31/31/31/X/31/31 Female - Timid
x1 31/31/31/31/X/31 Male - Modest - Egg Moves: Water Pulse, Round

Please? :D

Muku

Okay, going to edit list in a moment, but have the following down (and held aside) for folks:

lupinko: Dratini, Chimchar, Phione, Porygon, Ponyta, Charmander, Squirtle, Zorua, Pichu, Honedge, Froakie, Chikorita

NeoSoma: Chimchar, Chikorita

HypnoDarkrai: Charmander, Chikorita, Porygon (Trace)

Type2: Charmander (Solar Power)

Sleepwalker: Honedge, Pichu, Phione

If I'm missing anything let me know. Also, send me a message when you're around and good to go. (Make sure you have trash Pokemon or whatever to trade.)

Kyzer

Banned
Okay, going to edit list in a moment, but have the following down (and held aside) for folks:

lupinko: Dratini, Chimchar, Phione, Porygon, Ponyta, Charmander, Squirtle, Zorua, Pichu, Honedge, Froakie, Chikorita

If I'm missing anything let me know. Also, send me a message when you're around and good to go. (Make sure you have trash Pokemon or whatever to trade.)

Mukuuuu. One of each please? I'm sick so I'll be home all day :)

Baus

Hey Muku! Is it cool if i get one of each too?

Kyzer

Banned
Honedge, Piplup, Pichu, Porygon, Ponyta, Froakie, Zorua, Eevee, and Phione?

Edit: Crap have to step out a moment will be back shortly.

Everything except froakie actually, one of the few I've bred. Are the dratinis chimchar and chikos gone?

Muku

Hey Muku, are you doing trades through your JP 3DS? If so, here's my FC 3523-2245-8198

No, my main 3DS because swapping my main game to my off 3DS wipes my FL everytime. :/ Bad part though is my main 3DS is full, ugh.

Kyzer, okay got you down for: Honedge, Piplup, Porygon, Ponyta, Zorua, Eevee, Phione, Pichu

Dratini and Chikoritas went quick.

Edit: List on this page has been edited.

No, my main 3DS because swapping my main game to my off 3DS wipes my FL everytime. :/ Bad part though is my main 3DS is full, ugh.

Kyzer, okay got you down for: Honedge, Piplup, Porygon, Ponyta, Zorua, Eevee, Phione

Dratini and Chikoritas went quick.
Oh ok that's good on for me since you're already on my friend list.
Thanks for the Pokemon. :)
Can't wait to start breeding again after I'm done Masudaing this Tailow.

Muku

Oh ok that's good on for me since you're already on my friend list.
Thanks for the Pokemon. :)
Can't wait to start breeding again after I'm done Masudaing this Tailow.

Yeah thought we'd traded before, glad I didn't have to decide who to delete next. ;_; LOL You're welcome! Breeding Pichu's now. They seemed to go pretty quick so maybe I'll hold on to some more of the extras I come across before getting my shiny and offering again.

Good luck on Tailow! :)

Yeah thought we'd traded before, glad I didn't have to decide who to delete next. ;_; LOL You're welcome! Breeding Pichu's now. They seemed to go pretty quick so maybe I'll hold on to some more of the extras I come across before getting my shiny and offering again.

Good luck on Tailow! :)
Thanks! I gave up on it at one point, but getting the Shiny Charm made me want to give it another shot.

I'd be interested in the Pichu. I've never thought of running a Physical Pikachu.
Good luck on your Shiny Pichu!

Muku

Thanks! I gave up on it at one point, but getting the Shiny Charm made me want to give it another shot.

I'd be interested in the Pichu. I've never thought of running a Physical Pikachu.
Good luck on your Shiny Pichu!

Thank you. :) While waiting on someone to get online I'll breed a few Pichu and see if I can get you a good one.

I'm going to be running a physical Pikachu with a Light Ball. Never done so before, but I'm curious in it. While I've chosen Adamant which hurts SpAtk, thinking of trying to run with a 6IV one to see if it's SpAtk gains are still decent enough I can toss maybe a SpAtk something on it ... if I last long enough anyway though. (Since Lightning Rod helps increase SpAtk, though doing it so electric attacks are pointless more than worrying about Static.) Tempted after I get my shiny to breed a quick Modest one with Lightning Rod to see how it compares.

Shiny charm hasn't made MMing any easier for me, but I do like it for the few random shinies I've found in wild. :)

Edit: Son of a... I just realized in all this somewhere along the way Volt Tackle got knocked outta the move list. Fuuuuuudge. Whole reason I was breeding an Adamant Pichu. Hm seems a parent always has to have it on? So passing on IVs or a specific nature has to go. What a pain in the ass.

Thank you. :) While waiting on someone to get online I'll breed a few Pichu and see if I can get you a good one.

I'm going to be running a physical Pikachu with a Light Ball. Never done so before, but I'm curious in it. While I've chosen Adamant which hurts SpAtk, thinking of trying to run with a 6IV one to see if it's SpAtk gains are still decent enough I can toss maybe a SpAtk something on it ... if I last long enough anyway though. (Since Lightning Rod helps increase SpAtk, though doing it so electric attacks are pointless more than worrying about Static.) Tempted after I get my shiny to breed a quick Modest one with Lightning Rod to see how it compares.

Shiny charm hasn't made MMing any easier for me, but I do like it for the few random shinies I've found in wild. :)

Edit: Son of a... I just realized in all this somewhere along the way Volt Tackle got knocked outta the move list. Fuuuuuudge. Whole reason I was breeding an Adamant Pichu.
That's be great thanks!
It's unfortunate about Volt Tackle though. :(
I don't know about Adamant Pikachu having special moves though, I'd rather go all out Physical if that were the case. It's hard enough getting a 6 IV Pokemon.

I won't let that discourage me, I'm in too deep now to give up! I'll be looking forward to more Horde EV training though. :)

Muku

That's be great thanks!
It's unfortunate about Volt Tackle though. :(
I don't know about Adamant Pikachu having special moves though, I'd rather go all out Physical if that were the case. It's hard enough getting a 6 IV Pokemon.

I won't let that discourage me, I'm in too deep now to give up! I'll be looking forward to more Horde EV training though. :)

I actually have a few 6IV Pichu right now. Will give them away when I'm done with breeding them though. Idea is that it's a glass canon, but was thinking of tossing one special move like Grass Knot or something for a change up. But right now just getting one with Volt Tackle + good IVs + right nature = stupid. Not sure how well this is going to work. >< Thinking I may have to pray to IV gods, because I need the nature and I need one to hold the Light Ball.

Edit: Hypno, I've got a 5 IV one (31/31/31/31/X/31) that you can have to breed with. Tried trading with you but no luck. Will put it on side for ya.

JoeM86

The Special Battle Season 4 rules have been announced. This season begins from May 13th 2014 and runs until July 15th. The Special Battle rules are different from the last two, no longer following standard VGC rules. This season of Special Battle is now a Single Battle with Inverse Battle type chart. You can use any Pokémon from the National Pokédex except for Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde.

So, multiplayer Inverse Battles are finally here. Here's the type chart, courtesy of my site

lupinko

The Special Battle Season 4 rules have been announced. This season begins from May 13th 2014 and runs until July 15th. The Special Battle rules are different from the last two, no longer following standard VGC rules. This season of Special Battle is now a Single Battle with Inverse Battle type chart. You can use any Pokémon from the National Pokédex except for Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde.

So, multiplayer Inverse Battles are finally here

Oh shiet my team of genies and pixies are no longer banned!

Hobobloke

Ugh, I accidentally over EV'd my HP on Kangaskhan. Does anyone have 2 Pomeg berries I can have? Tried to start getting some myself but don't even have the berries required to make the mutation occur.

L.O.R.D

Looks like I missed this due to the only PR being German

Shiny Mamoswine to be given at European Nationals next month.
once again. NA don't get anything good

So, multiplayer Inverse Battles are finally here. Here's the type chart, courtesy of my site

wow, never heard of rules like that
i am interested in this

backlot

Do Inverse battles really have no 4x, Quarter damage or immunities?

Edit: Never mind, I see its only single types and no combos. Still, no immunities is interesting.

Last night I was in a 11 game win streak (Togekiss, Greninja, Venusaur) till I faced a spamming Talonflame.

The guy basically spammed Brave Bird from beggining to end.

2HKO Togekiss.
1HKO Greninja.
1HKO Mega Venusaur.

Talonflame died after the last hit, but who cares, right?

Now I know why people hate Talonflame and Brave Bird spammers. Ridiculous.

Top Bottom