• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X and Y Leaks, Releases Early

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toxi

Banned
Mega Charizard X easily has the better design than standard Mega Charizard. It doesn't have any random shit; even the spikes on the shoulders are unobtrusive and match the aesthetic of its horns.

But don't worry Team Y, we'll probably get a unique Mega starter that isn't Stealth Rock-weak.

Just saw Swirlix and Spritzee's evo. I had a feeling those two weren't going to be anything remarkable.
"I just saw Charmeleon, I had a feeling Charmander wasn't going to be anything remarkable."

:p

Caladrius

Arceus save us!

About that.

arceus-s-wrath-o.gif

Yield your soul to me and I shall save you.

ivysaur12

Banned
I really, really don't want those leaks of Spritzee and Swilix's evolutions to be real. I wanted my Fairy/Poison plague doctor!

Takuan

I saw in IRC an image of what looked like a final evolution of a Pokemon, it was a T-Rex looking guy. Was it a Pokemon, and if so, which one was it?

DigitalOp

Banned
I blame the lack of info on the fact that so many features and new pokes have already been revealed. It seems most of the new, unrevealed pokemon are farther in to the game than we imagined.

Well if rumours are too be believed there aren't many new Pokemon to show anyway! But does this mean there is still a lot of new gameplay features yet to be revealed? I really can't see what else there is asides from new Pokemon!

Very much so that the overload of prelaunch info from TPC has dampened the impact of first impression leaks... Seems very calculated by Nintendo to anticipate leaks ahead of time and push the content back farther midgame. With what we've seen so far... I think I can break it down to a couple things...

A. Rumours are correct and the New Pokemon count is low. The even number Gen trope exists with 6 and the focus is mainly put on expanding the pre-existing roster and fleshing out evolutionary lines.

B. Siginificant amount of unrevealed Pokemon have been pushed beyond passed the midgame and into post game. This is to combat leaks and maybe introduce players to the gameplay concepts that exist before overloading them with sandbox content of options to play with.

Im honestly leaning towards A even though I hope we get a good size number of new pokemon as well. I think Game Freak were more focused on new gameplay concepts and type balancing rather than creating new species. With Megas, a new Fairy type, and maybe new evos to pre-existing pokemon, I think there is more than enough to work with and create an entirely new dynamic to the Pokemon formula.

We never really had this type of fidelity before. X & Y is really something special.

Toxi

Banned
I really, really don't want those leaks of Spritzee and Swilix's evolutions to be real. I wanted my Fairy/Poison plague doctor!
I'm pretty sure those are middle evolutions, and I'm almost certain that if they are, Spritzee's final evolution will look more like a plague doctor. It's already definitely based on a plague doctor (Mask, perfume, aromatherapy, Japanese name is reference to "ring-around-the-rosies"), and it's getting more humanoid.

We got Drought.
I'm assuming that Mega Charizard is in both versions because it doesn't have the modifier at the end of its name (Also, Mega Charizard X has a radically different style than the other three Mega Kanto starters with the color swap).

IHaveIce

Banned
So do we have already a new pokemon that fills the role of a strong pokemon like tyranitar etc was? I don't want these small fries. Never gonna put dat shit in my team

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I remember watching Diamond and Pearl leak back in 2006, the Starter Evolutions were literally like the first thing we got from people who got the game.

Wazzy

Banned
Hnggggggg Charizards new Mega is sexy. I'm not a huge fan f the flame tusks but he's still boss looking. Now give Venusaur a new one that makes him look completely different.

I also really wish at least one of the starters final's would leak.

Mega Charizard Y will be Fire/Fighting.

I actually seriously expect Mega Typhlosion to be Fire/Fighting. Buff its arms a bit and add flame quills that look like spiked knuckles.

Unicorn

Mega Charizard Y will be Fire/Fighting.

I actually seriously expect Mega Typhlosion to be Fire/Fighting. Buff its arms a bit and add flame quills that look like spiked knuckles.
Omg mega feraligatr may just give tyrantrum a run for his money. If not, mega tyranitar will.

Nohar

And suddenly we will discover that Mega-Venusaur Y will be more interesting that its X counterpart. Cue all elite players claiming that Y is the superior version and cancelling their X order.

Sarcasm aside, I guess I'll stick with my X version and wait to see what the game has to offer.

Macka

If there is anyone here that plans to get Pokemon X, but would rather have Mega Charizard Y...maybe we can trade stones? PM meee.

Wazzy

Banned
And suddenly we will discover that Mega-Venusaur Y will be more interesting that its X counterpart. Cue all elite players claiming that Y is the superior version and cancelling their X order.

Sarcasm aside, I guess I'll stick with my X version and wait to see what the game has to offer.

Oh fuck I just realized they're game exclusive forms. I want both Mega X and Y for Charizard/ :(

Takuan

These stones you get for mega-evolutions are reusable, right? It's not a "use once and it's gone forever" type deal?

DigitalOp

Banned

I wanted Yveltal but I saw a majority of people going Y so I figured I might as well go opposite plus Xerneas was kinda cool anyway...

Now they announce this stupid Charizard and everybody from Y piles over... I mean really... This freakin sucks... I don't wanna be on the hype side.... I've ALWAYS been on the hype side except for Red. (Was Silver the hype side or Gold?)

But I don't even wanna switch to Y for some reason... Maybe its the Red color....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom