• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X and Y Leaks, Releases Early

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avixph

2180d81c2af511e3a49a22000aeb0bdf_7.jpg

1ef70b982af511e396ca22000a9e0933_7.jpg

Cerity

Am I the only one who is disappointed nintendo didn't do anything with the case? I bought kid icarus the other day and I thought the facial expressions of the characters through the square holes was cute. Could have been like all the different pokeballs or some of the games basic pokemon.

Fireblend

Banned
There's one thing I can't get my head around though. They did a worldwide release (partially) because they didn't want to spoil things for the Western gamers with the Japanese release. Then they made reviewers sign a very strict NDA. And now they're sending out the game to retailers 2 weeks in advance.

It doesn't add up. Why send the game out so early if you want to combat leaks? Of course, the stores aren't supposed to sell it yet, but still.

It sucks though. Part of the fun is exploring the world and the new Pokémon yourself. Leaks will ruin all kinds of surprises.

-GJ-, give it to me straight. Should I be avoiding these leaks? Is something going to be inevitably revealed in the coming hours for sure that I totally want to not have spoiled? I dunno what to do guys :( hold me.

Am I the only one who is disappointed nintendo didn't do anything with the case? I bought kid icarus the other day and I thought the facial expressions of the characters through the square holes was cute. Could have been like all the different pokeballs or some of the games basic pokemon.

The moment they abandoned colored cartridges I stopped believing :'(

Holy shit "Middleutions"?!

- Combee now has a male evolution, called Bedrone, that looks almost too similar to Beedrill, minus the stripes. Yet it is a shade of orange and has three eyes that form a triangle shape. The antenna on Bedrone are large and there are specks of white hair around Bedrone's eyes. It's pretty cute. Bug/Flying type and has higher attack than a normal Vespiqueen.

Uhh I don't know how legitimate any of those claims are, but instagram leaker dude had a male combee in his party and it wouldn't make any sense unless this one is true.

catmincer

the fuck is this shit? Sounds like an unfun version of the final N fight, or Meta Knight in Kirby Super Star when he makes you take the sword

Me: "Hi level 5 Eevee, have a water stone"
Eevee: OK!
Me: "Now you're a level 5 vaporeon and we can fight the champion!"

It'll be about that simple. Stoned pokemon don't need to be a certain level to be evolved.

Dryk

Uhh I don't know how legitimate any of those claims are, but instagram leaker dude had a male combee in his party and it wouldn't make any sense unless this one is true.
If it mysteriously disappears we'll know what happened... either that or he realised that male Combee is still shit... DAMMIT

cafemomo

lucky ass Canadians

Gstop called me just now about XY for god knows what reason. When she said "hey suppa, we wanna talk to you about XY" my heart skipped a beat and I thought she was gonna say go pick it up right now before the store closes in a hour, but then she went on to say "don't forget to come here on the 12th!"

So Bulbagarden (And Joe, if he enters into the fray), how do you feel about it leaking this early? I'm guessing you probably have to have a pretty flexible schedule with other real life responsibilities during times like these, because you never know when you're going to have to man the station and prepare to update the site. Does the timeframe matter to you, as far as when the leaks happen? Would you have preferred the leaks closer to release?

The timing is a nightmare, in a personal sense. While I do have a very flexible schedule right now, I didn't want to be spoiled like this before launch.

In a professional sense though....the timing doesn't matter all that much to my site. I suppose if anything, I'm just glad that it happened while I was awake. In any case, our policy is that we will not be posting any information outside official announcements until the game launches. While we don't have any review copies and aren't under an NDA, we're basically respecting the exact same rules that the people who are under NDA have to. The only annoying thing really is that we've had to lock down Bulbapedia a lot earlier than we'd intended to.

ramyeon

Plus the fact that one photo he uploaded was someone offering to trade for their Farfetch'd, I doubt GF just added that trade early on to troll. Seems to hint that Farfetch'd has an evolution line now imo.

yami4ct

Not sure if true, but someone on Pokebeach posted this:

It kinda goes along with the other guys leaks, and he posted about Combee before the guy with all the pics did.

All that sounds pretty great. The forcing you to take an Eevee evolution's a bit weird, but not terrible.

Only thing I don't like is no mention of a mega Gyrados or Pinsir. Grrr. Really wanted those.

I live near the Port Elgin Wal-Mart, i saw a bunch of copies and even the special edition 3DS bundles on the shelf like I said on Saturday and thought it was early but assumed it came out last week, would have spread the news to you all if I knew.

Dryk

Plus the fact that one photo he uploaded was someone offering to trade for their Farfetch'd, I doubt GF just added that trade early on to troll. Seems to hint that Farfetch'd has an evolution line now imo.
As I said earlier if I was GF I would do both of those things, throw in a Mega Evolution and have them all still be shit. Best troll.

All that sounds pretty great. The forcing you to take an Eevee evolution's a bit weird, but not terrible.

Only thing I don't like is no mention of a mega Gyrados or Pinsir. Grrr. Really wanted those.

OMG if they bring back Red Gyara and make him crazier, that'd be so good.

ramyeon

He says Pinsir has an evolution this time around.
- Pre-evolutions and Evolutions of past generation Pokemon return, along with new Middlutions that are exactly the same as Pre-evos and Evos, but effect an evolution line by introducing a Middle Evolution, rather than a Final or First Stage Evolution. A few Pokemon with Pre-Evos are Girafarig, Tropius, and Cubone. A few Pokemon will Middlutions are the Growlithe line, the Carvanha line, and the Combee line. A few Pokemon with Evolutions are Pinsir and Heracross, Dunsparce, and Farfetch'd, which was never too far-fetched at all.

ffdgh

Not sure if true, but someone on Pokebeach posted this:

It kinda goes along with the other guys leaks, and he posted about Combee before the guy with all the pics did.

Mega....floatzel....I I.......I cant...no words. I swear if this isn't true so help me....

Dryk

The Middlution thing doesn't seem right. Game Freak have gone out of their way in the past to make sure that the lack of new prevolutions and evolutions in old games make sense lore-wise. That's why we have stupid shit like the evolutionary rocks and the incenses. How would they justify this?

Unicorn

The Middlution thing doesn't seem right. Game Freak have gone out of their way in the past to make sure that the lack of new prevolutions and evolutions in old games make sense lore-wise. That's why we have stupid shit like the evolutionary rocks and the incenses. How would they justify this?
More items, duh

The idea that I can have Charizard in my core party along with Linoone and Heracross is seriously awesome.

One thing I didn't like about Black (so much so I never beat it) was how everything was new and unfamiliar and it made it not feel like a Pokemon game. Seeing Zigzagoon as the early game normal and Combee as the generic early stock bug type seriously brings me back to Gold and Silver and Ruby and Sapphire where the old Pokemon blended flawlessly with the new ones.

zhorkat

It's entirely possible he got an early copy of the game just like the Instagram guy, saw a bunch of early Pokemon, and decided to make up some stuff.

yami4ct

He says Pinsir has an evolution this time around.

I did not pay enough attention. Didn't look for any new "real" evolutions of old Pokemon.

Oh yes! Please be true. Pinsir has been left lonely for so long while his brother Scyther gets all the love. Cannot wait to see what an evolved Pinsir looks like.

They changed typings of some Pokémon. I don't see why they couldn't add midsle evolution...

(Not sure if I like that tho.)

So Bulbagarden (And Joe, if he enters into the fray), how do you feel about it leaking this early? I'm guessing you probably have to have a pretty flexible schedule with other real life responsibilities during times like these, because you never know when you're going to have to man the station and prepare to update the site. Does the timeframe matter to you, as far as when the leaks happen? Would you have preferred the leaks closer to release?

Joe posted this:

Pokémon X & Y - Leaks

In regards to leaks coming out, we're unable to post due to legal reasons, as seen in 2010 when we received a cease and desist due to the volume of leaks we posted. When we get our game, we'll cover everything with our usual massive level of meticulous detail with some amazing things planned for you. We hope you understand and stick with us through this.

a random NPC scientist could say "Gee, it seems Pokemon native to other regions grow differently here... hmm..." and there we go, lore solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom