• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokken Tournament co-developed with Harada and Namco Bandai Announced for arcades

-Horizon-

trending on twitter in America

8VNsJAl.jpg
"The Bambi"?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
A guest character, in a Tekken game? No chance in hell.
I agree entirely, though I could see the guest character being some other Nintendo character that already has a history of beating up Pokemon in Smash or something. Having Heihachi beating on Pokemon would look...odd.

Yeah, I felt that Heiachi might be out of the place, so that's why I suggested Kuma.

I had no idea arcades were...still a thing lol.

Still, future Wii U release eh? Is this planned to have standard fighting game mechanics?

EDarkness

Those visuals don't look like the game is intended for a system with PS4/XBO fidelity. I mean, it doesn't look bad by any means, but look at the textures on Lucario. It was clearly designed with a Wii U port in mind.

This game isn't coming out for a while. There's still plenty of time for them to work on graphical things. Even more so before it's actually released on the Wii U. Still, I don't think it looks too bad. Not something I'd play, but seems people are excited about it.

javac

The game will probably incorporate the class types from Pokemon right? So every pokemon is weak to certain types and certain moves has strengths and weaknesses? You think it'll go that deep?

Platy

Roster :

Blaziken
Lucario
Machamp
Hitmontop
HitmonLee
Greeninja
Dito
Mr Mime
Bisharp
Pamchan
Yoshimitsu
Hawlucha
Final Boss : Mewtwo

I have nowhere that has arcade systems near me (like at all trust me, i've check EVERYWHERE) but im not worried about a system release, it'll happen

Joqu

Plenty of non-fighting types would be great in the game, but from what we've seen it seems like it'll probably be fighting-type only.

Whatever they use for Tekken I'm sure.

Probably not happening, especially not for Nidorino, but I'd love to be able to recreate this:

03.gif

I suppose Nidoking might make it in if they're open to non fighting types.

Because the longest wait from a Tekken game to console was 2 years and that was considered a huge mistake by every party involved. TTT2 was one year, T5 was like four months. They aren't going to sit on this game for more than a year, 6-12 months is considered the standard for arcade to console and even that is shortening with most titles. The graphics are clearly on Wii U's level. Not sure about the engine but it could be a variation of TTT2's, which is already on Wii U. So yeah, all the signs pointing to Wii U.

From the look of it Pokken is still very early in development. It will come in 2015 but it could be fall 2016 and if it will take them 6-12 months to make a port which falls into summer 2016 as I suggested. By then Nintendo better of making this game a launch title for their next gen console instead of the fading WiiU.

Oh my god, it actually ended up being a fucking Tekken/Pokemon crossover. God damn, I'm eating so much crow right now like you wouldn't believe. Holy shit this is nuts. I take it that this will be like what Harada wanted to do for Tekken in Wii U initially (a simpler Tekken game for beginners) before Iwata told him to just port over TTT2.

I'm still legitimately shocked that the announcement actually ended up delivering on the hype, which is unusually considering how Pokemon announcements usually go.

Top Bottom