• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Police Warfare - a new Kickstarter project in the vein of Call of Duty

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Not sure why som many people on here are hard on this title. Looks promising. Take the frantic action of COD and add objectives with new types of gameplay and it might be a good fit.

Just hope there are multiple types of gameplay modes not just one or two.. Maybe have like BF3 where you have to defend the bank from the robbers and if they succeed than it changes modes like in BF3 where you fall back you have to now stop them from transporting it or something. until they either escpae or get captured.

Im looking forward to hearing more on it.

In both Heist and Warzone mode players will spawn as one of three player classes: Assault, Sniper or Support (except for $100 backers who will also get to spawn as the secret class and use the secret weapon kit!).

Ew

Heist mode is inspired by Battlefield's Rush mode

Ew

Our hope is to exceed the goal so we can channel all the funds back into the project and create a bigger, better game. We'll add additional content; more maps, more weapons, expand to multiple platforms like xbox and ps3 and add international language support.

lol kickstart for a console port.

Foffy

Banned
I love the premise, and if this fails, what's the closest thing we have to this? The police mod for the ArmA series?

Kinyou

Wait a minute... i've seen this before. There was some walkthrough video on gametrailers. It basically was the same idea. Big warfare like fights between police and criminals. I'll try to look it up

I thought it was called "Kane & Lynch", and it was a critical failure and caused an international scene when advertisers and game critics got too enmeshed?

dude

dude
Not sure why som many people on here are hard on this title.

First of all, the budget seems unrealistic. I cannot see in any way how can they make the game they're promising with 300K. And even worse, most people, I think, feel there's no reason for them to make that risk - This is not some niche title that needs the players to take the risk in order to get made, this is as mainstream as it gets. They should have pitched it to a publisher, whose job is to take risks on games.

It started as a COD spin-off. Sort of.

That's inspiring. I'm sold. Can't get enough of games imitating other games whilst gaining inspiration from a film released in 1995. They should rename it "Mimic" or better yet, go back to creating that mod they were working before. Cause it would like... not require asking for money and prove that they can finish a desirable product.

Wait a minute... i've seen this before. There was some walkthrough video on gametrailers. It basically was the same idea. Big warfare like fights between police and criminals. I'll try to look it up
well it was originally a pitch for a COD spinoff.

tactical intervention doesn't sound anything like police warfare

TI was meant to be a spiritual sequel to CS by Gooseman

Jess Cliffe is still at VALVe

(fun fact: Jess Cliffe graduated from the same highschool that I went to!)

DarkKyo

When I play games I want to play as the heroes, not the villains.

Edit: oh you can play as both. I thought "Police Warfare" meant you were stuck as the police.

iJhztn2W
This picture should tell you all you need to know. What a horrible concept. You know the bank heist went horribly wrong when you are at war on top of the hills of a city.

deleted

I shot them a question about the engine and the budget, they answered pretty quickly:

We have additional private and personal funding in addition to the kickstarter money. We really need this kickstarter money to keep going and that's what we're here asking your help. We aren't building a custom engine solution since that wouldn't make sense for our budget at all. We'll be announcing more details on that soon actually. We're quite resourceful with money and spend wisely, many of us learned this while watching the large companies we've worked for burn through cash and ridiculous rates. Our aim is to be smarter and more agile than that.

The gun models, reload animations, and shooting effects look REALLY nice, but I think they bit off more than they can chew. No need to go for the Battlefield 3 scale, more intimate combat like HEAT is enough. I've still never even seen a game that really nails the look and sound of urban heist combat like that movie did, and they're attempting large scale matches on top of that?

But I think people are being a little hard on them simply because they chose to make a FPS. There's still a ton of room for growth and improvement of the genre.

Aselith

This picture should tell you all you need to know. What a horrible concept. You know the bank heist went horribly wrong when you are at war on top of the hills of a city.
What if I told you that the police are at war....WITH THEMSELVES!?! That's right! All out civil war within the prescincts over who will be the next police commissioner.

Afrikan

speaking of this type of genre...did anyone enjoy Bank Heist or what ever it was called on the PSN, basically Left for Dead bank robbery. I wish they'd port it to the Vita, you'd think it would work well there.

$100 Level said:
ALL PREVIOUS REWARDS + Get the special unlockable secret class for both SWAT and Robber teams including exclusive weapon kits. This special class and exclusive weapon kit will NEVER be available to the public or anybody else, it's a Kickstarter EXCLUSIVE.

Yeah that sounds terrible. At the very least you should fully explain the details when you say such a thing.

But really, just don't do that.

nickcv

fortunately it seems like it's not going too well...

since i've seen this thread about 5 and half hours ago they just collected less then 2k

Top Bottom