• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Policenauts English Patch finally releasing TODAY!

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
IrishNinja said:
so awesome! after Mother 3, i was hoping this one was moving ahead but hadnt seen an update - this just went on my list of games to beat this year, for sure. much love to these guys.

now if that extra KOTOR 2 stuff gets tied up this year, itll be a clean sweep.

God I hope so. I have been waiting for a long time.

Game is just what I thought it would be like. The amount of little details you can find out for every little object is fantastic. I knew it was supposed to be detailed, but this is ridiculous! I will probably never get anywhere because I will be spending all my time collecting factoids. :lol

One thing that is bugging me is that I can't decide whether to play on PSX or PSP. Guess I will do an hour of each and see which I prefer. Also Sony should get together with JunkerHQ and find some way to get this bad boy on PSN.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
GrumpyAlien said:
Game is just what I thought it would be like. The amount of little details you can find out for every little object is fantastic. I knew it was supposed to be detailed, but this is ridiculous! I will probably never get anywhere because I will be spending all my time collecting factoids. :lol

One thing that is bugging me is that I can't decide whether to play on PSX or PSP. Guess I will do an hour of each and see which I prefer. Also Sony should get together with JunkerHQ and find some way to get this bad boy on PSN.

If you have the mouse on psx, then that's the right choice. If not, any choice is good by their own side.

Augemitbutter said:
already....

touched some boobs. just according to keikaku.
It sooo helps for getting through that nasty SAS, I swears!
Have never played this title before, but dayumn if this adventure isn't something else:lol

epmode

I'm a few hours in and I'm already liking this more than Snatcher, if only because this isn't a total Blade Runner ripoff. I know that these two games amount to little more than interactive fiction but goddamn if I don't love them anyway. It's all in the details.

I'd love to see Kojima stop the Metal Gear nightmare and go back to adventure-y stuff.

epmode said:
I'm a few hours in and I'm already liking this more than Snatcher, if only because this isn't a total Blade Runner ripoff. I know that these two games amount to little more than interactive fiction but goddamn if I don't love them anyway. It's all in the details.

I'd love to see Kojima stop the Metal Gear nightmare and go back to adventure-y stuff.
I'm about to ruin your enjoyment muhahahahaha

policenauts_mel.jpg

epmode

polyh3dron said:
I'm about to ruin your enjoyment muhahahahaha

PolicenautsLethalWeapon.jpg
Lols, it's true of course. But the future setting + all the neat astronaut stuff keeps it from being as blindingly obvious.

An homage! An adaptation! Almost a ripoff but not quite!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Stupid xdelta keeps throwing up errors in windows about it not being there despite it MAGICALLY BEING ON MY HARDDRIVE OTHERWISE. *gasp*

Ugh, been trying at this for twelve hours to get it to stop giving that and stupid other errors (which I ironed out, this is the last one) to patch my damn game. :| So annoying. I'm giving up for now.

Tiktaalik

Yeah the character design being an homage is one thing, but it does seem to be much more unique than SNATCHER which was at times excessively obviously Blade Runner.

Tiktaalik said:
Yeah the character design being an homage is one thing, but it does seem to be much more unique than SNATCHER which was at times excessively obviously Blade Runner.
Ed didn't come right out and say "I'm too old for this shit" but I laughed my ass off when he said something about only having 3 years until he can retire, it was just like Murtaugh.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Minor spoilers of the Prologue, but I'll put the tag anyway.

- The officer that talks with Jonathan after Lorraine passes away is voiced by Hideo Kojima :D :lol

Clevinger

Tiktaalik said:

Yeah, at least it's not actually painting over actual shots from Blade Runner like Snatcher did. Shit was shameless (and should have gotten their asses sued).

Nachkebia

Banned
Shit, my rips are in Bin format and ones I convert it to isos patch does not work :( I get this error msg " XD3_INVALID_INPUT"

Nachkebia

Banned
Great, I did try to patch it by hand as recommended in this thread and I got new error " source file too short: XD3_INTERNAL"

THIS GAME FUCKING RULES!!

I played it all night. FUCK this game is awesome. The music, the story, the animation... everything is so fucking top notch.

DAMMIT I've waited so long for this. Amazing game. Been smiling the entire time I've played it.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Nachkebia said:
Shit, my rips are in Bin format and ones I convert it to isos patch does not work :( I get this error msg " XD3_INVALID_INPUT"

You own the game right? Do a new rip, this time directly to ISO and not BIN/CUE.

This game is awesome and runs like a dream on the PSP! It's such a relief to finally understand what's going on!

Also if you compare this to "modern" detective games like Hotel Dusk... OMG, so much better!

Thanks to the people who did this, the amount of work that was put into this must have been ridiculous!

SappYoda

schennmu said:
This game is awesome and runs like a dream on the PSP! It's such a relief to finally understand what's going on!

Also if you compare this to "modern" detective games like Hotel Dusk... OMG, so much better!

Thanks to the people who did this, the amount of work that was put into this must have been ridiculous!

Seriously this.

TheSonicRetard said:
THIS GAME FUCKING RULES!!

I played it all night. FUCK this game is awesome. The music, the story, the animation... everything is so fucking top notch.

DAMMIT I've waited so long for this. Amazing game. Been smiling the entire time I've played it.
This! And on a white PSP it looks so hot!
Cyberpunk FTW!

Aeana said:
Finally sat down to do some serious playing, and I think they've done a great job with the translation. Got through the prologue and started act 1.

As a side note, playing on PSP is such a nice solution for both portability and larger screen/speakers/comfy couch.

pn-remotejoy2.jpg

<3 RemoteJoy.

Do you have the cable for this or are you using some kind of streaming?

TheSeks

schennmu said:
Do you have the cable for this or are you using some kind of streaming?

Remotejoy = streaming to PC, IIRC.

Nachkebia

Banned
Okey figured it out how to patch files, now whats the best way to create multi cd eboot? psxtopsp I guess but I could not find any proper guide how to compile two isos into one eboot...

drkOne

PSP gives me a data corrupted error while trying to run the game.
ISO is working just fine on ePSXe, converted them with the PopStation MDv3 (got it from the CFW thread), 2 separate eboots (only extra things was the icon and pic, no sound as it appears to be corrupted).
My setplugins/popsloader folder has all the 3.72 files. Do I need the files from other Firmwares?

Edit: Just figured how to get the Mouse to work with ePSXe. Had to press F5 to switch it to Mouse.

TheSeks

Aeana said:
I had to use Popsloader and set it to 3.71.

Whew. Popsloader works on my PSP still even with CWCheat (they stopped conflicting finally, I guess). Yay, can play it 3.71, works flawlessly. Thanks for that! :D

RS4-

Using ps3 pad on epsxe, I think I'll make the switch to mouse. I've got to play through Snatcher again after this

Cowie

Lyonaz said:
Does anyone have the mp3 of the ending theme jingle or whatever it's called, you know the one you also hear at the konami logo on Metal Gear Solid?

The first 12 seconds of this. Can someone rip that pls ? :D

... are you hoping to make a ringtone of it too? hahah. If I get around to ripping that audio, i'll post it here

ReyVGM

Ripping the audio is easy. Just download any free music recorder and record the jingle from a video or the game.

I wonder if they took too many liberties while translating this! :lol

pn1243.jpg

Maybe not, we all know how Kojima is!

Edit: I remember a part when I played the game in Japanese that I think is worse!

Aeana

GoncaloCCastro said:
I wonder if they took too many liberties while translating this! :lol

http://xs942.xs.to/xs942/09351/pn1243.jpg[IMG]

Maybe not, we all know how Kojima is![/QUOTE]
Unfortunately, the original script has a lot of junk like that in it.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
IMG_0112.jpg

:lol i think this translation's well-written. the original script was probably insane.

Started playing Snatcher, and it's really cool. I've never played a game in this style before. It's really interesting. And you can totally see Hedio Kojima all over the game.

Lyonaz

Cowie said:
... are you hoping to make a ringtone of it too? hahah. If I get around to ripping that audio, i'll post it here

:lol :lol haha. yeah I want it for my ringtone, hell I would use it as my windows start up tune too. :D

Top Bottom