• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 Community Thread |OT2| This thread title is now under military control

Status
Not open for further replies.
A guy from politico (on MSNBC) just brought-up Tim Tebow possibly being the special guest speaker later today, that would be a mistake for everyone involved. I can just see the highlights after, "Mitt Romney gave his acceptance speech at the RNC last night, and oh yeah, TIM TEBOW WAS THERE TOO!! HE EVEN TEBOWED ON STAGE!!!!" Tebow is very polarizing, and has a chance to upstage Romney

Maddow and some other dude just took Walker to task on the closed GM plant.

Walker has looked awful.

I think this was really bad for Ryan to bring this up. It's very easy to refute in one sentence, "Obama wasn't even in office when the plant closed" and reminds voters the horrible state the the economy was in before Obama came into office.

Then again, it's so easy to lie nowadays because by the time the media gets around to refuting the claim (if they ever even do), the campaigns have moved onto a new topic or the news cycle has changed.

The Romney campaign knows this and that's why they're not afraid to make blatant false claims. It just has to sound plausible and delivered with conviction.

Is the Obama not personally writing letters to families of fallen soldiers going to be a thing? To be honest it looks kind of bad on him. I'm dissapointed.

Members of the military who are killed in combat are given a personalized letter personally signed by the president, there is absolutely nothing wrong with this policy, I don't care who is president.

Members of the military who are killed in combat are given a personalized letter personally signed by the president, there is absolutely nothing wrong with this policy, I don't care who is president.
Well this story seems to revolve around the letters being signed by an electric pen, but I don't see it reported in the mainstream channels so I don't even know the validity of it.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...parents-a-form-letter-signed-by-electric-pen/

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Wow. Was just watching Colbert and saw a clip of Ann Romney saying "we love you womeeeeeeeen!!"

Good gravy, she's just as awkward as her automaton husband.

A guy from politico (on MSNBC) just brought-up Tim Tebow possibly being the special guest speaker later today, that would be a mistake for everyone involved. I can just see the highlights after, "Mitt Romney gave his acceptance speech at the RNC last night, and oh yeah, TIM TEBOW WAS THERE TOO!! HE EVEN TEBOWED ON STAGE!!!!" Tebow is very polarizing, and has a chance to upstage Romney

Be fitting. Romney and Tebow both ride the bench this November and for the rest of their lives as they have no talent.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery

yesitis2.gif

That was written by Sally Kohn, one of Fox's token librul contributors.

Look at the "O's" in the letters in the first image in the link you posted, they are different (as well as many other points in the signatures). Fake, non-story
After looking at it more closely I believe you're right. In one picture the letter itself also looks more blurry than the actual signature...

codhand

Condi does not get a pass. She was right there every step, unlike say Colin Powell. She's been on Daily Show twice and regrets nothing, it's the height of the Bush Administration's arrogance, at least Bush had the courtesy to crawl under a rock in 2009, not out from it.

So this is what I got from the first two days of the convention:

Christie: We will not lie and pander to you about the tough issues!

Ryan: I will spend the next 40 minutes lying and pandering to you about the tough issues.

Did I miss anything?

codhand

Ryan: I will spend the next 40 minutes lying and pandering to you about the tough issues.

Did I miss anything?

much as I'd like to say no....

Did I miss anything?

Spanish was spoken (and cheered) by Susana Martinez at a convention for a party that is so scared of Spanish that they want to make English the official language of the U.S., you can't make this shit up.

codhand

Spanish was spoken (and cheered) by Susana Martinez at a convention for a party that is so scared of Spanish that they want to make English the official language of the U.S., you can't make this shit up.

Forgive Officerob, what he meant to say is, she emerged as a new rock star of the Republican party, and if you can't handle the light that some minorities see, than you suffer from cognitive dissonance.

How's that?

Kosmo

Banned
Is the Obama not personally writing letters to families of fallen soldiers going to be a thing? To be honest it looks kind of bad on him. I'm dissapointed.

It's going to be fun watching him answer that question if it comes up in a debate. More than likely it won't be brought up as a question, so Romney will have to bring it up along the lines of "When our bravest are killed in combat, I think we owe them the dignity and respect to not auto-pen letters to their parents so that we can sneak out for more time on the golf course."

That contrast would be devastating.

codhand

It's going to be fun watching him answer that question if it comes up in a debate. More than likely it won't be brought up as a question, so Romney will have to bring it up along the lines of "When our bravest are killed in combat, I think we owe them the dignity and respect to not auto-pen letters to their parents so that we can sneak out for more time on the golf course."

I hope he says, look, the parents would want me watching Sportscenter, keeping abreast of their local team's athletics.

What will be a devastating contrast is cutting VA funding, boosting defense spending vs the opposite, hopefully not too nuanced, for the American people.

Did you jizz your pants when Huck brought up Biden's charitable contributions? Be honest.

Too bad the letter's arn't auto-penned, but don't let that get in your way

gcubed

Is it rare that someone lives up to their tag consistently multiple times a day?

The only use of auto pen from Obama I remember is signing some laws while he was out, and letters to constituents.

And the only mention of Obama using autopen to sign military letters is at a site that starts the article with Obama hates America.

The only use of auto pen from Obama I remember is signing some laws while he was out, and letters to constituents.

And the only mention of Obama using autopen to sign military letters is at a site that starts the article with Obama hates America.

And the images of letters clearly show non-identical signatures.

Kosmo

Banned
I hope he says, look, the parents would want me watching Sportscenter, keeping abreast of their local team's athletics.

What will be a devastating contrast is cutting VA funding, boosting defense spending vs the opposite, hopefully not too nuanced, for the American people.

Scare tactics about what a candidate might do not play as well as the wanton disregard a sitting President actually showed concerning soldiers killed in combat. It's disgusting.

You're honestly in the camp that thinks Romney wants returning soldiers to have worse care?

Did you jizz your pants when Huck brought up Biden's charitable contributions? Be honest.

Honestly, I was only half listening, so I missed it. Everyone knows Joe Biden is a cheapskate, so no news there.

Kosmo

Banned
And the images of letters clearly show non-identical signatures.

There can be differences in auto-pen signatures, but that being said, these look pretty fucking similar:

letter-two-e1346291607960.jpg

Note how the B in Barack touches the "Sincerely" in the exact same spot. Nobody signs their name that consistently.

We need that guy with the magnifying glass from Pawn Stars!

Jooney

Disappointed that you didn't include "You didn't sign that" in your diatribe. You're slippin'

There can be differences in auto-pen signatures, but that being said, these look pretty fucking similar:

Note how the B in Barack touches the "Sincerely" in the exact same spot. Nobody signs their name that consistently.

My god, you're blind. Now it all makes sense.

Do you need glasses? The B in Barrack actually touches the "Sincerely" in the second and third letters, but not the first. The O in Obama is different at the top of the O in the second and third. There is a "tail" (dip in the ink) at the end of Obama in the third letter, but not so much in the other two. Finally, the picture is BLURRY!! This is really pathetic

codhand

Scare tactics about what a candidate might do not play as well as the wanton disregard a sitting President actually showed concerning soldiers killed in combat. It's disgusting.

You're honestly in the camp that thinks Romney wants returning soldiers to have worse care?

No, not really sure his veteran stance. But Obama has been nothing but gracious to veterans, especially considering his midnight trips to Afghanistan, those come to mind for humbling the office of the presidency.

So will he cut VA? I dunno. He will voucherize the shit out of medicare, and will possibly try to hit a camel's ass in Iran/Syria. Hearing McCain and Condi reminded that we still contend with the hawkish BS in the Republican mindset.

Do you need glasses? The B in Barrack actually touches the "Sincerely" in the second and third letters, but not the first. The O in Obama is different at the top of the O in the second and third. There is a "tail" (dip in the ink) at the end of Obama in the third letter, but not so much in the other two. Finally, the picture is BLURRY!! This is really pathetic

Don't indulge, mock.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

Er what? Those are definitely different. Look at the proportions of the O in all three for starters.

giga

okayr0zsl.gif

If only someone from the center could bring together those who are blind like Kosmo and those with ok vision. Both sides have good insights.

Kosmo just displayed the clearest example of a blind partisan ever shown.

While I applaud that the mods want to have a balanced discussion in this thread and have opinions from all sides represented, but this has led to a quality of discussion that has skewed towards the ridiculous under the guise of "fair and balanced" like Fox News. It's no better than the cable news channels that try to air "both sides of the discussion" when it's clear that one side is getting airtime for ideas that are ridiculous through and through.

While I have no love of ToxicAdam or JayDubya -- but I do have a soft spot for eznark, I cannot even respect this level of effort and cannot fathom the brain and thought process that produces it. I have seen many conservative or libertarian posters come and go in this thread, but Kosmo, you take the crown for the most misguided in your blind faith in your ideals. Other posters could be proven wrong -- because they acknowledged the facts when presented or could see how one could interpret certain events under a different worldview -- but no, not you. You can never be wrong because you can simply choose to not accept reality.

Kosmo might as well be a CONSERVA-BOT CHATBOT 1980® with his patent inability to digest facts or change his thinking based on the mountain of evidence provided to the contrary.

Kosmo

Banned
CHEEZMO™;41566584 said:
Hey guys, here's an... 'interesting' link that says Kosmo is a white nationalist.

Just reporting what I found, fellas. You decide what you think is true or not dont look at me like that.

Fabulous - personal attacks and name calling always go over well with the mods on GAF.

On the letters - I will leave it to the Obama administration to explain. I'm sure if they were auto-penned they will refute it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom