• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigeon

Banned
72gug.png

THE QUEST CONTINUES

This thread is for general discussion of US politics. Specific events and debates deserve their own threads in the OT forum.

The tally sheet from the last thread:

poligaf.bmp

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Hitokage, was that a picture of Englightenment philosopher, John Locke?

codhand

Oh man, Chris Matthews shit on some poor kid for stating "meeting Mitt Romney was the greatest day of my life."

ezekial45

Banned
From the other thread.

Michael Moore thinks Mitt Romney will win in November

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1843824.html

Filmmaker Michael Moore joined HuffPost Live Thursday and predicted that the influence of money in politics would lift Mitt Romney to victory over President Barack Obama in November.

"Mitt Romney is going to raise more money than Barack Obama. That should guarantee his victory," Moore told host Josh Zepps. "I think people should start to practice the words 'President Romney.' To assume that the other side are just a bunch of ignoramuses who are supported by people who believe that Adam and Eve rode on dinosaurs 6,000 years ago is to completely misjudge the opposition."

Moore said he believes that if the election were conducted "American Idol"-style, and Americans were able to vote from their couches, Obama "would win hands down."

"That's not what's gonna happen," he told Zepps. "This election's going to be decided on who gets out the most people that day. Who's up at four in the morning, making sure that dozens, hundreds, thousands of people in their communities are getting out to vote. And the Republican machine that is set up and the money behind it to guarantee [what] is really the only important thing -- turnout on that day -- that's what looks pretty scary here."

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Its weird. I WANT to be a republican, because I'm all for conservative spending, lower taxes, smaller government footprint, and support for small businesses. However, once all the wealthy-focused, racist, homophobic, religious insanity gets included, I want to stay as far away from the party as possible.

Why are american politics such a comedy right now?

pigeon

Banned
On topic, I think Michael Moore is crazy. As far as I know, Romney's ground operation is still way, way behind Obama's, because hey, GOTV is kind of Obama's thing. Is it his theory that Romney's going to slap down a bunch of campaign offices and organize and hire employees in the last month or so?

What's with the tag, pigeon?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40460162&postcount=24

Yeah, I don't really see the connection either.

ezekial45

Banned
On topic, I think Michael Moore is crazy. As far as I know, Romney's ground operation is still way, way behind Obama's, because hey, GOTV is kind of Obama's thing. Is it his theory that Romney's going to slap down a bunch of campaign offices and organize and hire employees in the last month or so?

Also, his SuperPACs have abandoned states like Pennsylvania, because it's leaning too far to Obama.

Wtf is this, I'm well south of Hartford and hearing Scott brown ads......crap load of political ads, there weren't any in California

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Romney has pretty much tied Obama on the national scale, and should be leading by 3-5 points by the middle of September.

Didn't you say the exact same thing a month ago?

Also, the Cain Train (bless his heart) was on the Daily Show yesterday and was refuting the recent poll about 0% of blacks voting for Romney by citing his own (admitted) anectodal evidence.

Oh god, his explanation as to why Romney polled 0% with African-Americans just left me speechless.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Also, the Cain Train (bless his heart) was on the Daily Show yesterday and was refuting the recent poll about 0% of blacks voting for Romney by citing his own (admitted) anectodal evidence that there are "lots" of black conservatives voting for Romney.

Man is someone upset. I find the idea of an American idol method and voting from the couch a pretty depressing suggestion and something I'd expect in parody, not as a suggestion of a good idea.

I agree. Hard to take Moore seriously with asshat comments like that.

But SuperPACs scare me, and it's a wildcard this election....so anything is possible.

Nert

Looks like just a few more months of election insanity before we get break from it! Although the break itself will only last for a few months... : /

Averon

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archiv..._stupidest_thing_i_ever_heard_1.php?ref=fpblg

I like Chuck Todd. He’s one of the more knowledgable and sensible people in political journalism. But this has to rank as one of the stupidest things I’ve ever heard anyone say. From this morning on Morning Joe, Todd explains that Democrats wish they had as deep a bench of non-white office-holders as the GOP. “Democrats wish they had the diversity of speakers and deep bench [of the GOP] to show America …”

I haven't watched much of the RNC. Is what Todd saying true?

I think he's kind of pissed that no one seems to care about him like they used to and he's becoming increasingly irrelevant and hopes Romney wins so he can use it to try and makes himself relevant again.

He could, you know, make a documentary film about something shitty Obama has done. There's a lot for him to go on, honestly. But noooooo.

Fucking hate Moore.

Jackson50

Looks like a few more months of election insanity before we get break from it! Although the break itself will only last for a few months... : /
Welcome to the age of the perpetual campaign.
I'm on the wall of shame. :/
You're in esteemed company.
I see newbies in the top ten! Burn them with hyperbole.
The fears about being consigned to the community subsection were exaggerated. We've gained a few new members who have enriched the thread.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Also, the Cain Train (bless his heart) was on the Daily Show yesterday and was refuting the recent poll about 0% of blacks voting for Romney by citing his own (admitted) anectodal evidence that there are "lots" of black conservatives voting for Romney.

Cain had an epic meltdown in an interview where he started yelling, and I mean YELLING that he wasn't angry.

HylianTom

Banned
Its weird. I WANT to be a republican, because I'm all for conservative spending, lower taxes, smaller government footprint, and support for small businesses. However, once all the wealthy-focused, racist, homophobic, religious insanity gets included, I want to stay as far away from the party as possible.

Why are american politics such a comedy right now?

I can sympathize. I realize that at some point we - all of us, no matter how rich or poor - are going to have to learn to live with less as a result of capital and resource limits, so the GOP's supposed pet topic of cutting our spending holds large appeal to me. A lower standard of living is our destiny, and we can either recognize that and go into the future voluntarily, or we can ignore it and be dragged into the future kicking and screaming. The phrase "deal with reality, or reality will deal with you" comes to mind.

But.. the GOP's hostility to basic scientific realities, their desire for theocracy, their proclamations that "the American way of life" (i.e., cheap oil and driving-everywhere-for-everything) will not be interrupted, their scoffing at alternative energies and preference for swiss-cheesing the planet, etc.. it all makes them a non-starter for me.

This will be a century of limits, so it'll be a rough one. The Democrats have their own poison to offer to us.. but their poison is a much less scary prospect than the absolutely insane offerings of the GOP. So at this point, I'd rather have the Dems steering us down the slope.

Averon

Is anyone else surprised the media is actual pushing back and refuting Paul Ryan's speech? The media is usually timid when it comes to blatant lying by politicos nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom