• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude Abides

Banned
Eh. Moore was calling out Bush on Iraq when most "progressives" were falling over each other to give him a handy.

Punch the hippie is still a popular sport it seems.

XenodudeX

Some of Romney speech is on huff post, and honestly I'm not all that impressed with it so far. Just a bunch of platitudes and no substance.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Some of Romney speech is on huff post, and honestly I'm not all that impressed with it so far. Just a bunch of platitudes and no substance.

Did you expect anything less after Ryan's speech. I'll be surprised if it's not full of lies at this point.

Jackson50

sJ7Bi.gif

XenodudeX

Did you expect anything less after Ryan's speech. I'll be surprised if it's not full of lies at this point.
Well I kinda thought that Ryan's job would be to attack, while Romney lays out how he will fix the economy.. I guess I was wrong?

It's not all of the speech, but so far..meh

RDreamer

Mitt Romney said:
That president was not the choice of our party but Americans always come together after elections. We are a good and generous people who are united by so much more than divides us.

Someone should have probably told the Republican party about this. Seems they didn't get the memo.

Mitt Romney said:
This is when our nation was supposed to start paying down the national debt and rolling back those massive deficits.

No, for fuck's sake no. How the hell can you with a straight face sit up there and say that this was the time to start paying back the debt. The worst recession since the great depression was the time to start paying the debt? What in hell is wrong with this guy? What is wrong with this party?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So I just read through the exerts, I don't get this line.

We will honor America’s democratic ideals because a free world is a more peaceful world. This is the bipartisan foreign policy legacy of Truman, and Reagan. And under my presidency we will return to it once again.

Have we been just sitting around and watching as Doctor Doom takes over the world or something?

XenodudeX

First, by 2020, North America will be energy independent by taking full advantage of our oil and coal and gas and nuclear and renewables.

Second, we will give our fellow citizens the skills they need for the jobs of today and the careers of tomorrow. When it comes to the school your child will attend, every parent should have a choice, and every child should have a chance.

Third, we will make trade work for America by forging new trade agreements. And when nations cheat in trade, there will be unmistakable consequences.

Fourth, to assure every entrepreneur and every job creator that their investments in America will not vanish as have those in Greece, we will cut the deficit and put America on track to a balanced budget.

And fifth, we will champion SMALL businesses, America’s engine of job growth. That means reducing taxes on business, not raising them. It means simplifying and modernizing the regulations that hurt small business the most. And it means that we must rein in the skyrocketing cost of healthcare by repealing and replacing Obamacare.

For example.

I finally got my GAF-Gold account and I'm able to post from my phone. The neoGaf mobile site is pretty spiffy.

Looks like i'll be missing Mittens speak though.

HylianTom

Banned
Not surprised. I can already hear his smarmy host-of-Entertainment-Tonight voice and see his fake, sleazy, used car salesman smile. Makes me wanna sing a round of "Who Let the Dogs Out?"

XenodudeX

I mean,Jesus Christ, it's the SAME shit he's been saying all year with a few fluff spots thrown in to make people all warm and fuzzy for him. There's nothing new.

I don't expect the presidents speech to be any of substance either, but come on. Maybe the goal of the speech is to get people to know him, and if it is, then I guess the speech is a success, as there are a lot of compelling stuff in there.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I mean,Jesus Christ, it's the SAME shit he's been saying all year with a few fluff spots thrown in to make people all warm and fuzzy for him. There's nothing new.

I don't expect the presidents speech to be any of substance either, but come on. Maybe the goal of the speech is to get people to know him, and if it is, then I guess the speech is a success, as there are a lot of compelling stuff in there.

He's been running for like 6 years, why don't we know him already?

RDreamer

This is some next level shit right here. Can we point to this as the physical manifestation of just how crazy the Republican party has gone? How are people clapping this? I'd be embarrassed to be in the same room.

tranciful

Is roasting the opposition common at these things? Where's Flavor Flav?

edit: and do Democrats ever have stupid hats and costumes?

Clint talked about ending the war in Afghanistan, closing gitmo, and gas guzzling cars at a REPUBLICAN convention? There are no words for what we just saw

Tim-E

That speech was much funnier (for the wrong reasons) than any Fauxbama stuff Trump had planned. What a train wreck.

Chumly

I never understood the republican talking point that Democrats are pitting Americans against Americans. What in gods name is the GOP doing then?

Snake

If you've watched his public appearances in recent years, you've probably noticed that Clint has been degenerating rapidly. He still seems relatively coherent in his current films, but of course he can do as many takes as he likes then. He genuinely has my symphathy.

Marco Rubio, on the other hand, is not impressing me. This is my first time seeing him speak and he seems really nervous every other line. I'm sure the audience will eat it up just fine, but it's all really shallow so far.

I expect polls after today to show Romney around 48-49 and Obama at 45-46

Also, I am not sure how Eastwood's speech will play with the viewers. People (White swing voters) may like the unscripted shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom