• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Naw, Eva Longoria.

Actress_Eva_Longoria.jpg

That's a good choice.

HylianTom

Banned
I expect polls after today to show Romney around 48-49 and Obama at 45-46

Also, I am not sure how Eastwood's speech will play with the viewers. People (White swing voters) may like the unscripted shit.
That might be Romney's high water mark for the year. Obama will get a small bump from his speech to re-set the numbers back to where they were, and then the debates wll be Romney's last chance.

Gruco

Banned
Polling until the DNC is going to drive me crazy, even though this is all more or less expected.

I'm actually a little surpised that a bump is showing already, given that the main speeches before tonight have been either insulting demographic pandering, ignoring the top to the ticket in order to showboat for future elections, or setting a new standard for flipping out fact checkers.

Chumly

I like how Romney pretends that people aren't like him (someone who lines his packets at the expense of others).

eznark

Banned
Good solid speech. I think it goes over a billion times better without the sanctity of marriage horseshit.

Rubio was very, very good.

Clint Eastwood! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa

HylianTom

Banned
Good solid speech. I think it goes over a billion times better without the sanctity of marriage horseshit.

Rubio was very, very good.

Clint Eastwood! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa

Dirty Harry

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...P9jm9g?docId=5c7a01573e23458e8e0d7b608952e3c7

Stern-faced Romney aides winced at times as Eastwood's remarks stretched on. On a night where virtually every moment was scripted, Eastwood was among the only speakers not reading from a teleprompter as he spoke. It was blank.

Jooney

The parts of the speech that were about his personal successes and story were great. Couldn't stand the all out pander and posturing at the back end though.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe we were wrong and Clint is completely lucid. Remember when we wondered why he would go support them after they shit on him for the super bowl ad? This is his payback ;)

codhand

Ball's in your're court DNC

Maybe we were wrong and Clint is completely lucid.

It's strange hearing someone speak about politics without a teleprompter isn't it?

I actually was able to translate Clint, and I think his basic angle that Obama's ego is preventing him from getting anything done was OK, but the whole "every so often someone comes along and begs for our votes"??? Hey, uh, Clint, guess what?

HylianTom

Banned
He did okay, but he needed to knock it out of the park. He needed a big swing in order to move the numbers in all of those swing states.

Minor convention bump, to be negated by the Democrats' convention.

XenodudeX

"And let me make this very clear – unlike President Obama, I will not raise taxes on the middle class,"

The media better wake up and do it's job. We all know this is bullshit.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Maybe we were wrong and Clint is completely lucid. Remember when we wondered why he would go support them after they shit on him for the super bowl ad? This is his payback ;)

When the President of the United States asks you to complete a mission for the good of the country...you do it, even if it means yelling at an empty chair on national television.

apana

The introduction was really strong and well constructed. It started going back into his usual stuff towards the end.

eznark

Banned
One thing that cannot be denied; that was by far the greatest balloon drop in history. A slow, steady cascade of balloons instead of the instant avalanche.

Fucking brilliant.

gcubed

Does a generation know when their shitty? I mean the baby boomers were born from a great generation and turned to shit, I don't know my generation, the newest one seems to be full of entitlement.

What's wrong with my generation?

markatisu

Speech was not memorable, people still don't know him

The Convention will be most remembered for Eastwood and the fact that every fucking GOP member who spoke apparently should be running for President more than Mitt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom