• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

Work requirements for Medicaid, killing pre-existing condition clause, rolling back age you can stay on your parents insurance. Giant payday for peole alreay with me.

Yep. We're gonna party like it's 2007 again.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Is he trying to equate health insurance to car and home?

Car insurance is cheap because it is MANDATED to have it if you drive. Safe deivers also cause this to be cheap.

Home insurance is gotten just incase something happens to the house.. in my case it's a hurricane.

I can't believe people eat this up

Chumley

Banned
I love how every single press conference basically consists of the press just trying to get a simple, straight answer and clarification out of Spicer and in return Spicer getting angry at them for it.

The vast majority of people are also required to have home insurance. The bank wouldn't even think about giving anyone a mortgage without it.

I know it was just part of my mortgage process. It wasn't even optional or anything.

Wilsongt

The vast majority of people are also required to have home insurance. The bank wouldn't even think about giving anyone a mortgage without it.

I know it was just part of my mortgage process. It wasn't even optional or anything.

Yeah, but home insurance only affects you and your family. You're not paying for home insurance for the filthy poors! /s

Chumley

Banned
Spicey's media training isn't fooling anyone. The "smile and laugh and pretend like this is all fun" bs is so transparent, needle him for a second after that and the facade breaks every time over and over again.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Sean Spicer on healthcare: "I think if you're an older man you can generally say that you're not going to need maternity care."

Owzers

Spicer has the same talking point as kaleigh last night on CNN with equal outrage. I wonder if they gave her things to say...

Is he trying to equate health insurance to car and home?

Car insurance is cheap because it is MANDATED to have it if you drive. Safe deivers also cause this to be cheap.

Home insurance is gotten just incase something happens to the house.. in my case it's a hurricane.

I can't believe people eat this up

Hell, I wouldn't have been able to rent my current apartment without at least $100,000 of liability insurance. Hard stop. Not optional.
On the flip, every renter in Atlanta getting insurance means that coverage is only $25/mo.

Wilsongt

Sean Spicer on healthcare: "I think if you're an older man you can generally say that you're not going to need maternity care."

"Just because old people don't need it, we're going to make it where no one can have it as a reasonable cost!"

Health insurance is not a fucking buffet you walking SNL skit.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Hell, I wouldn't have been able to rent my current apartment without at least $100,000 of liability insurance. Hard stop. Not optional.
On the flip, every renter in Atlanta getting insurance means that coverage is only $25/mo.

Yea, sorry. Forgot someplaces require it

I can't believe that he's trying it...

Ogodei

Pre-existing conditions was like the entire point of health care reform, beyond even lifetime limits or nonsurance policies. The whole twisted structure of the ACA was to answer "how do we deal with people too sick to insure if a public solution is off the table?"

Otherwise we are indeed back to 2009, just with expanded HSAs and a Medicaid work requirement.

Spicer: We're focused on getting it done and winning.

Don't they they understand what winning is.

They won the White House by losing the popular vote, so they figure it all works that way. Trump's won by losing his whole life, more or less.

Sean Spicer:

iP42wHz.gif

Wilsongt

Pre-existing conditions was like the entire point of health care reform, beyond even lifetime limits or nonsurance policies. The whole twisted structure of the ACA was to answer "how do we deal with people too sick to insure if a public solution is off the table?"

Otherwise we are indeed back to 2009, just with expanded HSAs and a Medicaid work requirement.

This right here fucks people over, especially in my state. We didn't expand medicaid as is. Not only that, Nikki Haley made it where if you wanted medicaid disability, you had to go through social security to get it. If you are not disabled by SSA standards, you don't get medicaid. To even be qualified to go through the SSA disability process, you have to not be working, or make so little money you are in poverty. And if you start making above a certain amount, your benefits are ceased.

This is truly the definition of fuck the poor in a red state even more.

Vixdean

They won the White House by losing the popular vote, so they figure it all works that way. Trump's won by losing his whole life, more or less.

Honestly the pre existing conditions coverage in the bill was a farce anyway. Combination of taking away subsidies plus allowing them to charge sick people much more would make insurance unaffordable for most.

Al Franken has a new book. He's running.

51PlIeGYmCL._SX330_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1455540412/?tag=neogaf0e-20

From the #1 bestselling author - the story of an award-winning comedian who decided to run for office and then discovered why award-winning comedians tend not to do that.

AL FRANKEN, GIANT OF THE SENATE is a book about an unlikely campaign that had an even more improbable ending: the closest outcome in history and an unprecedented eight-month recount saga, which is pretty funny in retrospect. It's a book about what happens when the nation's foremost progressive satirist gets a chance to serve in the United States Senate and, defying the low expectations of the pundit class, actually turns out to be good at it. It's a book about our deeply polarized, frequently depressing, occasionally inspiring political culture, written from inside the belly of the beast. In this candid personal memoir, the honorable gentleman from Minnesota takes his army of loyal fans along with him from Saturday Night Live to the campaign trail, inside the halls of Congress, and behind the scenes of some of the most dramatic and/or hilarious moments of his new career in politics.

How does Spicer sleep at night knowing he's probably one of the most hated people in America? I'd be afraid to go out in public once he's no longer press secretary if I were him.

Can't wait to try and get health insurance in a Republican era. I'm 23 now and will be 26 in 2019. Sure is going to be fun getting screwed or going broke due to lack of insurance.

Ogodei

Can't wait to try and get health insurance in a Republican era. I'm 23 now and will be 26 in 2019. Sure is going to be fun getting screwed or going broke due to lack of insurance.

Can't be denied for pre-existing conditions. Just wait until you get sick and then get the insurance.

Hindl

How does Spicer sleep at night knowing he's probably one of the most hated people in America? I'd be afraid to go out in public once he's no longer press secretary if I were him.

I doubt most people know who Spicer is. Press Secretary is one of those government positions where your average American will see the name of the person over and over, but can't name what they do when asked. To most people he's just another guy in the Trump admin

Blader

He probably doesn't think about it at all. His days and nights are consumed by trying to please Trump and what Trumps of his latest performance.

I doubt most people know who Spicer is. Press Secretary is one of those government positions where your average American will see the name of the person over and over, but can't name what they do when asked. To most people he's just another guy in the Trump admin

I can't find any numbers because googling just brings up Trump's numbers, but I remember an episode of Pod Save America mentioning how crazy well known Spicer is for just being a press secretary. I want to say it was something like 60% of people knew who he was?

I can't find any numbers because googling just brings up Trump's numbers, but I remember an episode of Pod Save America mentioning how crazy well known Spicer is for just being a press secretary. I want to say it was something like 60% of people knew who he was?

That's what I'm getting at too - in previous administrations we had no idea who these people were, but there's like an unpresidented level of awareness. Even at a rally they have Spicer going up there getting applauded by the crowd. I just can't imagine what life is going to be like for some of these people post-Trump - he'll have tainted every single person around him.

Vixdean

Some of this feels like the freedom caucus flexing it's nuts to show how powerful it is before eventually voting for the bill.

Some of this feels like the freedom caucus flexing it's nuts to show how powerful it is before eventually voting for the bill.

The first part is true, the second isn't. These are true believers who want control of the party, and are making a power play to get exactly what they want.

Remember, these are the guys that frustrated Boehner so much, he quit. And they had to force Ryan to take the job because nobody else wants to deal with these crazies.

I remember the healthcare craze back in 2007. IIRC, a lot of the public's concern was home loss / bankruptcy due to healthcare bills. The public saw healthcare as a human right at this time. Then we elected a black man and the GOP hate machine started turning and driving fear into the hearts of many.

Notice public opinion in 2007. It's finally starting to change back again.

r8jla00etu6y9_yufnmvvq.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom