• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Trump's not pardoning a turkey, just like he's not attending the Correspondents Dinner

The guy has absolutely no sense of humor and is way too afraid of looking silly, even though he makes himself look silly every time he opens his mouth.

what an abnormal headline that Trump will likely not care about
M3nDk8b.jpg

Blader

But how on earth is this at all believable given the number of people Trump has met in this room whose hands he eagerly shook?

You meet a foreign leader in the WH, you shake their hand. Trump knows that.

I mean we're talking about the same guy who was going "Where's Rudy? Where's Rudy?" when Giuliani is sitting directly in front of him.

Armaros

idek it's like a nightmare.

like someone at the pentagon had to have told him what NATO is and what it's actually for... right?

He thinks its a protection racket, the US spends more on military so we can tell Germany what to do or else.

Because in his mind, thats the only reason why the US would spent money on NATO.

He thinks its a protection racket, the US spends more on military so we can tell Germany what to do or else.

Because in his mind, thats the only reason why the US would spent money on NATO.

which i cannot comprehend. like someone has to have told him NATO is also mostly a program to expand and maintain hegemonic influence that help him spread his brand and help him out...

but i guess having putin in your ear at all times means that doesn't matter.

which i cannot comprehend. like someone has to have told him NATO is also mostly a program to expand and maintain hegemonic influence that help him spread his brand and help him out...

but i guess having putin in your ear at all times means that doesn't matter.

is most likely not even about putin, but simply continuing to think of a country like a business. He sees cash going out, and wants cash coming in as a direct response to that. Anything that doesn't follow that rigid form of thinking is seem as innefective/ a waste.

Also pops up any time trade deficits are mentioned.

FyreWulff

Republicans/Trump literally do not understand spending-as-leverage, which has nontangible returns. They worship the idea of pure capitalism so hard, as pointed above, they care more about canceling out numbers than actually thinking about what the numbers are doing.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I feel like Tillerson is actively trying to prove people wrong about him being one of the more competent members of Trump's Cabinet.

Vixdean

I'm not sure when people started getting the impression that Tillerson was anything other than​ a stooge. Remember this is best friend of Russia guy who wants to get rid of sanctions.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-W0XRLX3FU

Is this as crazy as it sounds to me? This senator is saying he hasn't yet received any information on whether a criminal investigation was being conducted against the Trump campaign? Is that a big thing?
I know Comey is speaking on the 20th.

Diablos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-W0XRLX3FU

Is this as crazy as it sounds to me? This senator is saying he hasn't yet received any information on whether a criminal investigation was being conducted against the Trump campaign? Is that a big thing?
I know Comey is speaking on the 20th.
Yeah that's weird.

I don't care what anyone says, picking Comey is literally the worst thing Obama ever did as President. He has to have serious regrets behind closed doors when talking freely about it.

Yeah that's weird.

I don't care what anyone says, picking Comey is literally the worst thing Obama ever did as President. He has to have serious regrets behind closed doors when talking freely about it.

Yeah, which is weird since Comey was appointed in 2013, I believe. What Republicans did to Obama from 2008 to 2012 would have swayed me from nominating anyone from that party, especially to such a vital position. I think Obama's appeasement to the GOP during his tenure was his biggest weakness.

Yeah, which is weird since Comey was appointed in 2013, I believe. What Republicans did to Obama from 2008 to 2012 would have swayed me from nominating anyone from that party, especially to such a vital position. I think Obama's appeasement to the GOP during his tenure was his biggest weakness.
Yeah, he did seem to learn eventually, but I remember him saying winning again in 2012 would "break the fever." But nope.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day

I always got the sense he was trying to lead-by-example DC back into rationality and a comfortableness with compromise. Obama loves his norms and I think he was a little too conservative on this point and blind to what was actually happening.

Tall4Life

Would you like to examine your false equivalence on your own or do you expect us to do your homework for you?

Ok, I was referring to this?
Yeah that's weird.

So me naming something that Obama did which I believe is worse than picking Comey is a false equivalence? Okayyyyyyyyyy then.

Blaming Comey is the easy way out people choose so that they can avoid facing the truth that Clinton should have never been the nominee.
Comey did have a measurable effect, though it's hard to say whether or not the "undecideds" breaking for Trump would've happened either way.

On an unrelated note, decided to check some math and Florida had basically the same partisan tilt that it had in 2012. In 2012 it was 3.04 points more Republican than the nation as a whole, in 2016 it was 3.3 points more Republican.

kirblar

I guess Hillary losing because of Comey is worse than Obama destabilizing the Middle East even more, okayyyyyyyyy then.
I would not be shocked if in the end Comey's letter was not malicious but instead a completely bone-headed attempt to pre-empt a leak from elsewhere in the department. (Also, wouldn't be surprised at the malicious explanation panning out.)
Blaming Comey is the easy way out people choose so that they can avoid facing the truth that Clinton should have never been the nominee.
If you had asked me at any point last year, "Should Clinton have run again?" my answer would have always been the same- "No." (I voted Obama in '08) But she did, and I made peace with that.

Neoliberal drone strike Obama leaving Comey in place to subsequently break with precedent and do things that can influence elections is one of many things that affected the outcome.

Horrible failure Hillary being Hillary is another.

Which is why unemployed man Jason Kander should time travel back and become the nominee and win over white men with his white manness.

kirblar

how would one measure something like that?

(or is that just a turn of phrase?)
Polling cratered immediately after the letter in state polling for Clinton. The campaign was catching this in their internal polls but it was too late for anyone to notice in the mainstream that close to election day. (no one was really running state level polls at that point or paying much attention to them.)

pigeon

Banned
Ok, I was referring to this?

So me naming something that Obama did which I believe is worse than picking Comey is a false equivalence? Okayyyyyyyyyy then.

Diablos is constantly wrong about stuff soo

But the problem with your post is actually that you were apparently incapable of using the quote function so that people would understand what the fuck you were talking about so glad you were able to pick that bit of knowledge up so quick

Polling cratered immediately after the letter in state polling for Clinton. The campaign was catching this in their internal polls but it was too late for anyone to notice in the mainstream that close to election day. (no one was really running state level polls at that point or paying much attention to them.)

ah true true. can see the 2 point drop for hills/ 3 point trump spike right after the letter in the rcp average, and she never quite regained those 2 points. M'bad.

teiresias

I mean, go ahead and tell POC that their votes in the primary were foolish if you want, it's not like the primary was stolen from Bernie regardless what the tea party left wants to believe.

So is nothing big expected at the Comey conferences? I'm confused if Grassley/Feinstein being shaken up means they were told nothing is happening/no evidence or there was evidence? I feel like if something big was uncovered then they would have moved on it already before revealing to public.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
No one has ever liked Pelosi because she gets shit done (also a woman). The hate for her on the left is the most bizarre thing because she's one of the most liberal members of Congress

She'd be a bad president if it came to that, which it won't. Democrats will do investigations upon investigations and try to beat Trump in 2020 instead.

Pelosi is the worst interview in the federal government. She just gives the most cringeworthy quotes all the damn time. A recent incident was being overly combatitive by saying "we're capitalist and that's that" as the first thing to a young person asking about young people moving left economically, despite answering the question pretty well after that quote. Pelosi is one of the richest members of congress which alone isn't the best look for a democrat these days, and has been a part of democrat leadership since before the iraq war, so maybe it shouldn't be surprising when she sometimes sounds out of touch on what she says.

And unfortunately most people don't do the work to get around such terrible messaging to see her real contributions to government. And those that do have a lot of history they can cherrypick through to find stuff they don't like. Mine would be the post office pre-fund requirement and the repeal of most of the STOCK act, but both of those were passed unanimously so it's hard to pin that directly on her. There's probably other things others could find.

Establishment democrats also have a problem where they say big money fundraising is fundamentally corrupt, but they have to fundraise from big money in order to win elections under current fundraising rules, but that doesn't mean democrats are corrupt, but big money fundraising is fundamentally corrupt. It's just a paradox that doesn't complete until you become the outsider and imply the Democrats are a little corrupt too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom