• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Senate Intel Committee has alerted Roger Stone that he should aggressively destroy all documents."

L2hABth.gif

Yeah, this ain't Stone's first rodeo.

pigeon

Banned
"Senate Intel Committee has alerted Roger Stone that he should aggressively destroy all documents."

Obstruction of justice is a great way to end up in jail. He's already being investigated. They probably have some idea of what he has already.

Diablos

Based on what he knew at the time or in hindsight?
Both, but he should have known after being re-elected that he needed to drop trying to be friends with Repubs all the time. Just STAHP. Comey is like a confirmation that it was a horrible strategy that he wasted years of his Presidency on.

Obstruction of justice is a great way to end up in jail. He's already being investigated. They probably have some idea of what he has already.
He's such a scumbag, prison is truly an ideal home for him...

Hey NY Poligaf: do you guys think Teachout has any sort of future in electoral politics after losing last year? Do you think she has a rematch with Faso or Cuomo next year or goes for something in the state legislature or anything? I see right now that she's doing legal stuff wrt Trump violating the emoluments clause but I don't know NY politics well enough to know if she's going anywhere in the future.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hey NY Poligaf: do you guys think Teachout has any sort of future in electoral politics after losing last year? Do you think she has a rematch with Faso or Cuomo next year or goes for something in the state legislature or anything? I see right now that she's doing legal stuff wrt Trump violating the emoluments clause but I don't know NY politics well enough to know if she's going anywhere in the future.

No. The last time she went up against Cuomo she got crushed and it'd only be worse this go around given his apparent shift further left.

She's basically stuck in the district she ran in for the House and I don't know enough about it to say if she can make it into the Assembly or State Senate from that area, probably not though. It's supposed to be a D+1 district but she lost despite that (and despite Gillibrand, Cuomo, Schumer and evey other major NY Dem and Dem group endorsing her). I mean, if she actually stick around the district and tries to make a name for herself there maybe she could do it, but I don't think she's interested in that sort of politics.

EDIT: Hell, she seemingly moved into the district to run and moved right out after she lost. No one likes a carpetbagger.

I mean, I get why people like her ideologically, but in reading about the race...

No. The last time she went up against Cuomo she got crushed and it'd only be worse this go around given his apparent shift further left.

She's basically stuck in the district she ran in for the House and I don't know enough about it to say if she can make it into the Assembly or State Senate from that area, probably not though. It's supposed to be a D+1 district but she lost despite that (and despite Gillibrand, Cuomo, Schumer and evey other major NY Dem and Dem group endorsing her). I mean, if she actually stick around the district and tries to make a name for herself there maybe she could do it, but I don't think she's interested in that sort of politics.

EDIT: Hell, she seemingly moved into the district to run and moved right out after she lost. No one likes a carpetbagger.

I mean, I get why people like her ideologically, but in reading about the race...
Hmmm? Her Twitter bio still says she lives in Clinton, NY and I couldn't find anything about her moving out.

jtb

Banned
Teachout could have a future, but she needs to figure out how to win an election. If she can't do that on a state-wide level or even district level, then she should set her sights lower and work her way up.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Wrong Clinton, she lives in Duchess County which is in the 19th. It's confusing though because you guys have so many of them! Maybe that's why Hillary was a natural fit for the state.

We've got a bunch of Clintons due to DeWitt, but she still moved into the area specifically to run. People tend to not like carpetbaggers and unless she's going to raise her profile in the district nothing else I said was off the mark. Ideology will only get you so far in a local election, you need to play to the electorate and unless she's learned how to do that since her last two races...

We've got a bunch of Clintons due to DeWitt, but she still moved into the area specifically to run. People tend to not like carpetbaggers and unless she's going to raise her profile in the district nothing else I said was off the mark. Ideology will only get you so far in a local election, you need to play to the electorate and unless she's learned how to do that since her last two races...
Oh yeah I'm not saying anything else you said here is wrong. I hope she does adapt, I've liked everything I've read from her and she's a good speaker to boot.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Speaking of counties named clinton I wonder why there are 9 clinton counties in the US?

Before Bill there's been a few famous Clinton families in the US.

Actually, come to think of it all the famous Clintons I'm thinking of are all related. George Clinton was the 4th VP of the US, a founding father, and related to both other famous Clintons of the time. Odds are most of those counties are named for him.

Oh yeah I'm not saying anything else you said here is wrong. I hope she does adapt, I've liked everything I've read from her and she's a good speaker to boot.

Her best bet would be to hit the state senate or assembly and go up from there. I don't think she can win over that House seat, Faso's lived in that area and represented it on and off almost forever.

Neoliberal drone strike Obama leaving Comey in place to subsequently break with precedent and do things that can influence elections is one of many things that affected the outcome.

Horrible failure Hillary being Hillary is another.

Which is why unemployed man Jason Kander should time travel back and become the nominee and win over white men with his white manness.

Liberal Icon Jason Kander™???!????

Can the Democrats ever take back patriotism from the Republicans? Even in New Jersey, when you see someone driving around with big American flags on his Ford (or whatever) truck, you can just automatically pinpoint they are about as hard right as Ted Nugent.

How do Democrats begin to form a strategy where they say... damnit you do NOT have to have to have an R in front of your name to love this country!

Can the Democrats ever take back patriotism from the Republicans? Even in New Jersey, when you see someone driving around with big American flags on his Ford (or whatever) truck, you can just automatically pinpoint they are about as hard right as Ted Nugent.

How do Democrats begin to form a strategy where they say... damnit you do NOT have to have to have an R in front of your name to love this country!

Political patriotism is basically just diet nationalism so no probably not.

FyreWulff

Blaming Comey is the easy way out people choose so that they can avoid facing the truth that Clinton should have never been the nominee.

Bernie was mathematically eliminated via popular vote months ahead of his official concession and he kept going on. He's not the same as Trump, but he definitely has the same goddamn reality evasion problem.

dramatis

Blaming Comey is the easy way out people choose so that they can avoid facing the truth that Clinton should have never been the nominee.
Economic anxiety is the easy way out people choose so that they can avoid facing the truth that the country is super racist.

'Rigged' and 'emails' is the easy way out people choose so that they can avoid facing the truth that Sanders lost the primary fair and square.

Vixdean

What does Susan Collins share with the modern Republican party at this point? I just heard her on MTP saying we need to help people get healthcare and do tax reform that doesn't reduce revenue.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I just watched that video and he doesn't say that. Not sure where that guy is getting that information, but he ends the video with "at all."

He says, "I don't think there's any but one there that was under any type of investigation"

It almost sounds like a stumble or stutter, but it's enunciated pretty clearly. Not sure what to make of it.

I just watched that video and he doesn't say that. Not sure where that guy is getting that information, but he ends the video with "at all."

Uhhh yes he does?

"If you look at the Trump administration, I don't think there's any, but one, there that's under any investigation at all."

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Watch it again. He says but one working in the White House right now.

He says, "I don't think there's any but one there that was under any type of investigation"

It almost sounds like a stumble or stutter, but it's enunciated pretty clearly. Not sure what to make of it.

Uhhh yes he does?

"If you look at the Trump administration, I don't think there's any, but one, there that's under any investigation at all."

Heard. Interesting how he snuck it in there. I was expecting it at the end but he slipped it in in the middle.

royalan

We took it back at the DNC.

sGEy4fr.jpg

That was some patriotic shit.

But that's the thing, Socially, if you want to take something back you've got to take it back, because nobody will give it to you.

Be proudly patriotic. Redefine patriotism as what the Democratic party currently looks like, and don't give any fucks when the Republicans get upset about that. The Democrats, what we are, our diversity, we are the American story. Fuck what Republicans say or think about it.

Democrats care way too much about what pisses Republicans off.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
It's also possible he was just tripping over his words by initially saying "anybody" and then changing it to "anyone". If that's not the case then he sure slid it awfully quickly into that sentence.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Also possible their investigation is largely concluded because they have enough.

FyreWulff

It wouldn't matter, Republicans would paint them as secret commie operatives no matter how nationalistic they actually are. Because it benefits them to pull the other party even farther to the right to let themselves go more to the right.

jelly

Wouldn't you investigate pretty much everyone in the Whitehouse for basic security reasons. They might focus more on others like the new team but I would have thought it's obvious. I just don't see them picking Trump, Bannon but forget the rest or vice versa. It will be the whole lot but the investigation might only need a few in the beginning to get things moving and it spreads out from there.

Vixdean

I just find it highly unlikely they find anything concrete to pin on Trump and company related to Russia. None of it really required collusion to pull off, which means you're really looking for evidence of quid pro between Trump and Russia. The only thing that gives me hope is just how stupid all these people are, someone could have screwed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom