• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do we make of this?

Rogue POTUS Staff‏ @RoguePOTUSStaff 15m15 minutes ago
"Investigating" doesn't mean anything is happening, or will come of it. Forces are bigger than you know. You're being placated.

Rogue POTUS Staff‏ @RoguePOTUSStaff 22m22 minutes ago
More
We have warned time & again that against falling for smoke and mirrors. POTUS IS WINNING, but all most can see is their own partisan biases.
https://twitter.com/RoguePOTUSStaff

Slacker

Can you imagine the response if Chelsea got an office in the WH and was hanging around meetings with world leaders, even though she'd be infinitely more useful around there than Ivanka? It's hard to imagine, BECAUSE IT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN IN A MILLION YEARS.

People will die. No.
And? People voted to repeal Obamacare too. So repeal it and replace it with whatever travesty GOP pulls out of satan's anus. Let GOP lie in that bed. They have been blaming Obama/Obamacare for nearly a decade now and rode on that to majorities in state legislatures, Governorships, US House and Senate. And now to White House. Please by all means repeal Obamacare and skyrocket everything and kill everyone. Maybe the scumbags will get blamed for it and Democrats will get to turn the tables.

KingK

Ryan has huge balls to keep the scheduled vote Thursday after the negative reaction and changes made not fixing the main problems with the bill. I continue to be baffled by the position he's putting his party in. Is polarization really so strong that after getting fucked over people will still vote Republican in 2018 and 2020?

Yes.

Sianos

"Forces are bigger than you know" reads like some self-congratulatory wankery to me, especially in conjunction with "POTUS is winning". Not a very "helpful" "rogue" this one is.

I don't trust someone saying that we don't need an investigation "because we already have everything we need".

And? People voted to repeal Obamacare too. So repeal it and replace it with whatever travesty GOP pulls out of satan's anus. Let GOP lie in that bed. They have been blaming Obama/Obamacare for nearly a decade now and rode on that to majorities in state legislatures, Governorships, US House and Senate. And now to White House. Please by all means repeal Obamacare and skyrocket everything and kill everyone. Maybe the scumbags will get blamed for it and Democrats will get to turn the tables.

"But at least the Planned Parenthood Abortionplex will lose funding right? What's that? It didn't get federal funding and also doesn't exist? Well at least black women won't get healthcare I guess." - Some Republican in Iowa or Nebraska or some other flyover shithole.

Mike M

Nick N
Rogue POTUS Staff is almost certainly fake, but I don't get accusations that it's under Bannon's control or is a Russian front. They mostly just shit talk Trump and the administration (including Bannon.). Seems like pretty weak tea for a Russian disinformation op.

Rogue POTUS Staff is almost certainly fake, but I don't get accusations that it's under Bannon's control or is a Russian front. They mostly just shit talk Trump and the administration (including Bannon.). Seems like pretty weak tea for a Russian disinformation op.

I think the Russian thing stems from one of those "rogue" accounts having been tied to a Russian email address I believe.

Ask Louise Mensch, she started the accusations

jtb

Banned
"It's all a distraction" 12 dimensional chess was bullshit like two months ago and the case for it has only gotten weaker since.

Does Ivanka avoid anti-nepotism laws by not getting an official title? The Russian hacking investigation gets so much attention but these types of things seem just as problematic for the legitimacy of his presidency.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Does Ivanka avoid anti-nepotism laws by not getting an official title? The Russian hacking investigation gets so much attention but these types of things seem just as problematic for the legitimacy of his presidency.

This is the perfect example of something that should be a problem but won't be, and it isn't even worth fighting over.

In a Democratic Congress, he'd be getting slammed over these things. As it stands, we can barely get the Congress to cooperate with much more serious charges. Going after this would be a waste of time.

Blader

Ryan has huge balls to keep the scheduled vote Thursday after the negative reaction and changes made not fixing the main problems with the bill. I continue to be baffled by the position he's putting his party in. Is polarization really so strong that after getting fucked over people will still vote Republican in 2018 and 2020?

Paul Ryan never wanted to be speaker in the first place and now that he actually has real power we're seeing why in real time: he is not good at this kind of job.

royalan

Tin foil hat time, because fuck it...

If Rex goes to Russia early April, he ain't coming back.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mean, even when I throw logic out the window (which you usually have to do with Republicans these days), I can't figure out why Trump would want the optics of this. It makes even less sense than the "no sense" his actions usually make.

Maybe Rex knows things about to go south, so he's getting the fuck outta dodge.

Paul Ryan never wanted to be speaker in the first place and now that he actually has real power we're seeing why in real time: he is not good at this kind of job.
He liked the position of writing fantasy budgets he knew would never actually pass. He got to look serious and have the GOP and media fawn over him for being the conservative wunderkind.

9781451607345_hr.jpg

Tragedy always comes in threes - Eric Cantor was defeated in a primary, Kevin McCarthy spoke too candidly about the Benghazi investigation and was denied his promotion. But Ryan will probably suffer the most - he flew too close to the sun.

Wonder if he's vulnerable in the 2018 election, his district was pretty close in 2012 iirc.

Tragedy always comes in threes - Eric Cantor was defeated in a primary, Kevin McCarthy spoke too candidly about the Benghazi investigation and was denied his promotion. But Ryan will probably suffer the most - he flew too close to the sun.

Wonder if he's vulnerable in the 2018 election, his district was pretty close in 2012 iirc.
wow that book is ominous. 3 tanks who sucked at their job.

Blader

He won his race last year by 35 points, but maybe actually being in the spotlight now -- and being so bad at it -- will tighten that margin further next year.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

I mean, even when I throw logic out the window (which you usually have to do with Republicans these days), I can't figure out why Trump would want the optics of this. It makes even less sense than the "no sense" his actions usually make.

Could you fuckin imagine how that would play out

"Top trump official and Secretary of State defects to Russia"

after all this? Good lord

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well...

Where does Rex keep his cash?

He won his race last year by 35 points, but maybe actually being in the spotlight now -- and being so bad at it -- will tighten that margin further next year.

A lot has changed in the last 5 months. People are more aware of his scumbaggery, and he now has negative press from AARP, House Freedom Caucus, and has been continually tied to Trump who is tanking.

This is a really great thing to think if you're not one of the people that die. Do you think only Trump supporters will suffer from this?

Blader

A lot has changed in the last 5 months. People are more aware of his scumbaggery, and he now has negative press from AARP, House Freedom Caucus, and has been continually tied to Trump who is tanking.

His district has been consistently electing and re-electing him, by modest to huge margins, for 18 years. I'm not really putting a lot of trust in the voters of Wisconsin's 1st district to suddenly have an anti-Ryan epiphany.

His district has been consistently electing and re-electing him, by modest to huge margins, for 18 years. I'm not really putting a lot of trust in the voters of Wisconsin's 1st district to suddenly have an anti-Ryan epiphany.

It's probably gerrymandered to hell. Isn't Wisconsin one of the states facing or having recently lost a gerrymandering lawsuit?

Edit: Yup.

Watching some of the Gorsuch confirmation hearing and I think Whitehouse would be a pretty solid VP pick. Good record, he's got some populist rhetoric, he's from a safe seat. Also just sounds right, CORTEZ MASTO IS TAKING WHITEHOUSE WITH HER TO THE WHITE HOUSE or something.

It's probably gerrymandered to hell. Isn't Wisconsin one of the states facing or having recently lost a gerrymandering lawsuit?
Wisconsin's CD's aren't really gerrymandered, certainly not anything as ridiculous as Ohio or Michigan. I think it was the state legislature that was hella gerrymandered.

sphagnum

Banned
If Medicare gets defederalized it will have quite an impact where I work since something like 40% of our patients use Medicare.

This is a really great thing to think if you're not one of the people that die. Do you think only Trump supporters will suffer from this?

It's of course too cruel, but passing this thing is objectively the best political fuel for the Dems.

We should do everything we can to stop it, but if we can't, we should take every advantage that gives us. The GOP never takes the high road. I don't care how callous it seems; if they pass this, there will be people who die, and one of them better become a household name. To the point that the next healthcare bill we pass is named after the victim like a damn Child Abuse law (which is possible literally as this thing will surely get some kid killed).

It's of course too cruel, but passing this thing is objectively the best political fuel for the Dems.

We should do everything we can to stop it, but if we can't, we should take every advantage that gives us. The GOP never takes the high road. I don't care how callous it seems; if they pass this, there will be people who die, and one of them better become a household name. To the point that the next healthcare bill we pass is named after the victim like a damn Child Abuse law (which is possible literally as this thing will surely get some kid killed).
For sure, the silver lining is that if this sweeps us into power and we can pass Medicare For All then the country will be much better off. But to say "just let it pass, it'll be politically good for us once people die from it" is just too cruel.

Really the best thing would've been if a Republican had just passed our current Republican healthcare plan so Democrats could attack all of the problems from a Republican healthcare plan and point to a better solution, instead of Republicans attacking those problems and instead giving a dumpster fire murder alternative.

For sure, the silver lining is that if this sweeps us into power and we can pass Medicare For All then the country will be much better off. But to say "just let it pass, it'll be politically good for us once people die from it" is just too cruel.

Really the best thing would've been if a Republican had just passed our current Republican healthcare plan so Democrats could attack all of the problems from a Republican healthcare plan and point to a better solution, instead of Republicans attacking those problems and instead giving a dumpster fire murder alternative.
It would be funny if Democrats took back everything by 2020 and passed a Medicare For All-type bill that undid this monstrosity within the first 100 days, compared to all the sturm und drang we're seeing in the GOP.

Knowing them though they'd just pass ACA again.

Pretty sure there was some detailed linguistic analysis of that "rogue" twitter account and due to common typos and odd phrasings the writer was very likely Russian.

Can't seem to find it at the moment though. Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly.

Pretty sure there was some detailed linguistic analysis of that "rogue" twitter account and due to common typos and odd phrasings the writer was very likely Russian.

Can't seem to find it at the moment though. Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly.

That wouldn't at all surprise me. Weren't Russians behind the Calexit stuff?

There's no way of knowing if any "rogue" accounts are sleeper accounts. They could shift to a different agenda once they have enough followers.

Think like Russia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom