• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

What a moron. The health care system was already a mess before the ACA.

That's the biggest thing I hear from right-wingers on this: "Well, let's just go back to what it was beforehand." It's the worst idea I've heard about the whole thing.

Also proves (though we already knew) they have no ideas about how to make Healthcare better in this country. 8 years and they have come up with literally ZERO ideas.

It's why I get a bit frustrated with the complaints that "Dems have no ideas; what do they stand for?" (which are fair questions I'll note) when its clear Republicans won political power without having any ideas of their own.

chadskin

Jay Sekulow spreading some of that #FAKENEWS

DE4RwD2UwAE294q.jpg

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-idUSKBN1A10Q9

Seriously, even if they ditched the filibuster, they would still need 50 votes, they can't get that now.
I just mean that even BCRA isn't a reversion to pre-Obamacare. It still leaves the ACA in place, just guts the subsidies and everything that actually makes it affordable. On top of that, the Medicaid cuts which have nothing to do with the ACA.

Like this is even worse than the status quo because it would destabilize the healthcare system for no fucking reason.

Tom Price is so fucking dumb. I wonder when their tax plan finally goes down in flames will we see the business community completely turn their backs on him. As of recently it still seems like they were willing to tolerate his nonsense for a tax cut

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I just mean that even BCRA isn't a reversion to pre-Obamacare. It still leaves the ACA in place, just guts the subsidies and everything that actually makes it affordable. On top of that, the Medicaid cuts which have nothing to do with the ACA.

Like this is even worse than the status quo because it would destabilize the healthcare system for no fucking reason.

Yep, and do they want to ditch the filibuster for that?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
SS would have been involved if someone else was in the meeting though...

That would honestly be hilarious.

Honestly, if this was the way it was revealed Trump was actually at that meeting, it would be one of the most amazing sequences of events in history. Mueller's team wouldn't have had to do anything.

Ogodei

Tom Price is so fucking dumb. I wonder when their tax plan finally goes down in flames will we see the business community completely turn their backs on him. As of recently it still seems like they were willing to tolerate his nonsense for a tax cut

That's why the market keeps ticking up. That and the Fed now getting skittish about rate increases due to the lack of rising wages.

Re:BRCA

Andy Slavitt‏Verified account @ASlavitt 54m54 minutes ago
More
NEW: Word is that with the vote delayed indefinitely, Senate Rs have slowed down CBO.

Rumor is nothing Monday. Unclear when.

#tiredofwinning

Maybe they mean the Senate Rs told the CBO that with the vote delayed indefinitely they don't need the CBO score by a certain date any more and they can take their time?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Working for the CBO must suck ass. It sounds like working for an investment bank in terms of hours and stress but on a government salary.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I assume it is usually not that bad. Normally Congress works pretty slowly, and bills have a few months to score. This republican health care junk is an exception.

Regarding how Rs can delay the CBO score, he replied:

Andy Slavitt‏Verified account @ASlavitt 9m9 minutes ago

They revise what they want scored. My understanding is that when McCain went into surgery, they were able to decide that.

So it's constant delay tactics.

Tamanon

Banned
I'd heard they weren't even trying to score the Cruz Amendment at one point? So maybe that was added.

I thought the Cruz Amendment was added after all, so it would have to be scored.

It was either that or they were going to score with and without it.

Lo-Volt

The Washington Post said:
The United Arab Emirates orchestrated the hacking of Qatari government news and social media sites in order to post incendiary false quotes attributed to Qatar’s emir, Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad al-Thani, in late May that sparked the ongoing upheaval between Qatar and its neighbors, according to U.S. intelligence officials.

Officials became aware last week that newly analyzed information gathered by U.S. intelligence agencies confirmed that on May 23, senior members of the UAE government discussed the plan and its implementation. The officials said it remains unclear whether the UAE carried out the hacks itself or contracted to have them done. The false reports said that the emir, among other things, had called Iran an “Islamic power” and praised Hamas.

Yikes. There’s your fake news.

I feel like the GOP is sitting on a slew of inconsequential surgeries, ie Chaffetz's foot and McCain's eye, that they can pull out when they want to dodge shit.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Yikes. There’s your fake news.

WaPo said:
But he devoted most of his attention to Saudi King Salman, praising as a wise leader the man who controls his country’s vast oil reserves. In what the administration hailed as a high point of the visit, the Saudis agreed to purchase $110 billion in U.S. arms and signed letters of intent to invest hundreds of billions in deals with U.S. companies.

He had told the Saudis in advance, Trump said in an interview Wednesday with the Christian Broadcasting Network, that the agreements and purchases were a prerequisite for his presence. “I said, you have to do that, otherwise I’m not going,” Trump recounted.
Running US diplomacy like a mob protection racket again I see. Playground bullies taking your lunch money are more sophisticated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom