• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon: "Don't Pre-Order Dishonored 2!" (Because there will be no pre-release review

Just be an adult at stop getting so excited about a video game that you pay in advance to play it the day it releases. Nothing bad happens by waiting a day or two.

Logsi

Grabbing this on PS4 for £18 from Amazon. Really loved Dishonored 1 so am actually quite looking forward to 2. Found the game really laid back and enjoyable.

My only apprehension is that I played the first one PC and can't imagine playing with the same fluidity on console.

Mathieran

Banned
I preordered this from target a year ago for 20 bucks on a price error. I still have the email confirming the preorder but I haven't gotten any info about shipping yet. Anyone know anything about this? I might call call the number in the email and see if I can get anywhere.

NeoRaider

Not true. There are plenty of reports from people with high-end machines, including myself, who are running the game just fine.

Not true??

d_1920.png

What is "just fine"? Only 3 cards can give you 60 fps from the list of almost 30 GPUs, at 1080p resolution. Nice optimization, lol.

Dantero

If I didn't have a pretty good pc I'd be disappointed but my 980ti runs this fine. Only had one spot in the first level where my framerate dropped below 60. That's with 1080p, everything on ultra.
Hope it doesn't start running worse in later levels. Which wouldn't surprise me, cause most games only look better the further you get(unless the devs run out of money near the end).

Come click on our articles and give us more ad revenue before buying a thing

Not even remotely. The message is "don't let game developers think they can get away with shoving products out the door without letting anyone review its quality, and know that consumers will continue to buy games regardless."

If you can't comprehend the precedent that would set for this industry, when day one patches are already a standard "get out of jail free" card for devs and publishers, and the majority of game profits are made at release, then god help us.

BashNasty

What is "just fine"? Only 3 cards can give you 60 fps from the list of almost 30 GPUs, at 1080p resolution. Nice optimization, lol.

I'm running at over 60fps 95 percent of the time at 1440p on a 1080. And it feels like over 60fps, the game is smooth and plays great. It's a bummer that a lot of people are having problems, but the PC version is far from an unmitigated disaster for everyone.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Personally I don't pre-order anymore, been burnt too many times. People should do whatever they want with their money though, I hate Polygon anyway.

Seems the PC port is a disaster too :( Been a lot of them this year

NeoRaider

I'm running at over 60fps 95 percent of the time at 1440p on a 1080. And it feels like over 60fps, the game is smooth and plays great. It's a bummer that a lot of people are having problems, but the PC version is far from an unmitigated disaster for everyone.

Oh it's running at over 60fps 95% of the time on your 1080 (650$)? I am really surprised. lol
Then game is well optimized. Sorry.

Hesh

...dude

You're on a 1080.

Top Bottom