• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phreaker

Mau ®;235541989 said:
Can't wait for TayLegend to return and resurrect pop music.

Someone needs to. I am listening to 1989 rn - can't remember when I listened to it in full last - still SO good.

I need to check out You Know Nothing's hews. I am kinda getting into some of these hews since the stars are falling.

Rebecca Black - Foolish >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lady Gaga - The Cure

There I said it.
What a time to be alive.

Hmmm it is my most played song this week.

rhandino

Banned

There I said it.
What a time to be alive.
IUGNJgg.gif

Vazduh

There I said it.
What a time to be alive.

YES, tell them!

giphy.gif

If Rebecca hadn't gone for the falsetto voice (doesn't suit her voice at all), she could have had a winner. This way it's only good. But still better than the cure.

Vazduh

Crazy editing is the standard for Indian soap operas. Balika Vadhu aired in Croatia years ago, and that's when I first saw their crazy editing techniques. Like, two people would talk about something insignificant (they'd praise each other) and suddently everything would go slo-mo and the camera would do a 360 around the characters, like in The Matrix...

I'll never be able to understand why they do that.

llehuty

Crazy editing is the standard for Indian soap operas. Balika Vadhu aired in Croatia years ago, and that's when I first saw their crazy editing techniques. Like, two people would talk about something insignificant (they'd praise each other) and suddently everything would go slo-mo and the camera would do a 360 around the characters, like in The Matrix...

Wait, is that the origin of your user name?

Delio

You just exposed me to a wonderful world.

rhandino

Banned

God, the amount of gifs I can make out of this one

EDIT: I just found that the washing laptop .gif was was supposed to be from a dramatic scene from an indian novela. sladka'sl;dkasdkl;as

Vazduh

Wait, is that the origin of your user name?

Believe it or not, my username couldn't be more random. The word "vazduh" is Serbian for "air", and I'm not even Serbian. but Croatian lol (in Croatia we'd say "zrak").

It all started from the email for the message boards and warez my brother opened (which had that word in it), and when he stopped using it, I just took over and it remained my primary email address to this day. And when I had to opt for a GAF nickname, I just went for that word without even thinking why. It really doesn't have a deeper meaning than that.

You just exposed me to a wonderful world.

Yessssssssss

Brhoom

Banned
Dead at those indian videos.

And rip to Garrett, remember that people change over time, if you want to hold to everything they say for years to use it against them...

That's not very nice.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Lordt I can't get over Bon Appetit and ha production. Tew bad about Gata flopping tho lmao. And just when she was starting to get interesting.

Bladenic

Girl wat? She broke up with Mike? Bye not here for an album full of Adore You

Maybe she'll serve a surprise Can't Be Tamed level bop

Miley's going Joanne too? To be honest I liked her direction with Dead Petz but really wasn't a fan of Bangerz. Will keep an eye on her new work tho, she always shows promise.

Question for the group: Are you more excited for new Lorde or new Lana?

Lana. Antonoff productions to me always reek of amateur top 40-- like intentionally low-budget in order to seem more authentic or something. Lana's sleek jams are more my style

Frodo

First of all, welcome back. Second...eh. Not excited about it since apparently none of the MikeWillMadeIt songs made the cut. Everything was written by Miley and the guy who did 'Adore You', so that's the sound we can expect.

The guy that did this? I'm in.

That cover, tho. It feels like she is going "I'm sorry I'm a woman and I dared to be sexual, America. It will never happen again"

giphy.gif

rhandino

Banned
Question for the group: Are you more excited for new Lorde or new Lana?
Let's see...

Lana singles show a lot of promise and I dig them even after disliking Honeymoon but I need to hear a bit more because Ultraviolence had a strong set of tracks but the rest of the album was just... nope.

On the other hand Lorde's "Green Light" was enough to convince me that Melodrama will be the Pop Album of 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom