• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portable console screenshot thread (3DS/Vita) - Rules in OP

Teepo671

Glad to see the Switch breathing some new life into this thread!
23181761291_c4e0fa2335_o.jpg

23156083362_a47a3904aa_o.jpg

22751367737_e025432fc7_o.jpg

Glad to see the Switch breathing some new life into this thread!

The problem with the 3DS is that games without a Miiverse community couldn't be featured here without a capture card. So, no Resident Evil Mercenaries/Revelations, Super Street Fighter IV, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and a ton of lesser-known games. The biggest problem with the Switch screenshot feature - screenshots being capped at 720p - doesn't apply in this thread since the games run at 720p in portable mode anyway, so I think we can expect this thread to stay relevant for many years.

c6ovinfvaaaaflyvusv2.jpg

c6r3drsv0aak1dcwwsz1.jpg

c6oumtnv0aauui0xks8l.jpg

Teepo671

The problem with the 3DS is that games without a Miiverse community couldn't be featured here without a capture card. So, no Resident Evil Mercenaries/Revelations, Super Street Fighter IV, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and a ton of lesser-known games. The biggest problem with the Switch screenshot feature - screenshots being capped at 720p - doesn't apply in this thread since the games run at 720p in portable mode anyway, so I think we can expect this thread to stay relevant for many years.

Yeah, the miiverse thing was annoying since there were still games coming out that didn't support it like Pokemon for whatever reason. Was also still a lot more work to take screenshots on 3ds even with miiverse supported games. Hope the boost in activity here lasts but it already looks like it's dying down. D:

20679064345_2831f6e4fd_o.jpg

20491093880_56d6f0ba5f_o.jpg

20652813016_a722ba378f_o.jpg

Ninja Dom

Guys, what's the exact process for taking screenshots on a Switch and getting the pic on your comp as a jpg? Bearing in mind that I don't use Facebook. I do have a Twitter account. Will followers see your screenshots in their feed?

Also, mods need to change the thread title to include Switch.

Okay, now I love me some screenshot threads and basically everything about my Switch, but how come it gets immunity to be in the Portable screenshot thread, the PC screenshot thread and the console screenshot thread.

Shouldn't there be at least one place for it? Console I think is just the perfect place. Considering it was made with being console in mind first.

Hey, it might just be me.

Teepo671

Okay, now I love me some screenshot threads and basically everything about my Switch, but how come it gets immunity to be in the Portable screenshot thread, the PC screenshot thread and the console screenshot thread.

Shouldn't there be at least one place for it? Console I think is just the perfect place. Considering it was made with being console in mind first.

It's both so why not both? It definitely doesn't belong in the PC Screenshot thread though and I wouldn't know why anyone would post switch screens there. Aside from that, there's also a small but noticeable difference between docked and portable mode going from that comparison post in the last page.

28976691404_b6078e3c84_o.jpg

28976690594_a3ef876fa0_o.jpg

28976691184_f3c48ecb55_o.jpg

ss_lemonade

Is this the same game ? IQ looks so different between the first picture (bad) and the 3 others (great).
Afaik the game uses a dynamic resolution setup (from 1080p), though not sure how low it can get (or if it even needs it when running in 720p portable mode). The IQ does look off at times while playing on a TV

Only one it doesn't belong in would be PC tbh.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
GPD Win:

Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic II
swkotor2_2017_03_13_02_12_43_25.jpg

TrackMania Nation Forever
Tm_Forever_2017_03_13_00_51_25_00.jpg

Bloodrayne Betrayal
bloodrayne_2017_03_12_23_00_30_56.jpg

Yeah i'm not good at taking screens, i always have to stop lol.

GPD Win:

Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic II
swkotor2_2017_03_13_02_12_43_25.jpg

TrackMania Nation Forever
Tm_Forever_2017_03_13_00_51_25_00.jpg

Bloodrayne Betrayal
bloodrayne_2017_03_12_23_00_30_56.jpg

Yeah i'm not good at taking screens, i always have to stop lol.

How's the GPD been for you so far? Im planning to get one seeing as it'll let me play most of my steam library on the go.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
GPD Win

Broforce
Broforce_beta_2017_03_12_22_44_54_20.jpg

Broforce_beta_2017_03_12_22_45_33_85.jpg

Shadowgrounds Dragonfall(what a lame screenshot lol)
Dragonfall_2017_03_04_17_10_53_98.jpg

How's the GPD been for you so far? Im planning to get one seeing as it'll let me play most of my steam library on the go.

I'm really happy with it, but everyone who wants to get one should understand that it's not a handheld console like vita or 3ds but a mini notebook with integrated gamepad with all the pros, like steam(and don't forget GOG!), emulators, programs, customizations etc, and the cons, like the fact that it can become hot, but if you use battery saving settings and throttlestop like i do it's not a problem and you get similar performances and a decent battery life(up to 4 hours of gaming i think), but it will never be as cold as Vita for example.

If you have questions in this thread there are also other people with a GPD Win. :)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1190147

GPD Win

Broforce
Broforce_beta_2017_03_12_22_44_54_20.jpg

Broforce_beta_2017_03_12_22_45_33_85.jpg

Shadowgrounds Dragonfall(what a lame screenshot lol)
Dragonfall_2017_03_04_17_10_53_98.jpg

I'm really happy with it, but everyone who wants to get one should understand that it's not a handheld console like vita or 3ds but a mini notebook with integrated gamepad with all the pros, like steam(and don't forget GOG!), emulators, programs, customizations etc, and the cons, like the fact that it can become hot, but if you use battery saving settings and throttlestop like i do it's not a problem and you get similar performances and a decent battery life(up to 4 hours of gaming i think), but it will never be as cold as Vita for example.

If you have questions in this thread there are also other people with a GPD Win. :)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1190147

Definitely will check that thread out. Hey, as long as it plays most of my steam and also good to know, my GOG stuff too, then I'm fine with a warm handheld steam/gog machine on the go.

sibarraz

Banned
Can you post vita screenshots on twitter from the console? I cant find an app even though I can connect my account on twitter

Otherwise, how could I upload pics from my vita?

c7yxwr5v4aaambt1dujo.jpg

c7yw8ccvuaakhxhsqu2r.jpg

c7yxhbcvaaarndtmyuu7.jpg

The Switch's smaller screen makes the aliasing in Splatoon 2 a non-issue, which is a relief for me as it bothered me a tiny bit in the first one and in docked mode in 2.

Can you post vita screenshots on twitter from the console? I cant find an app even though I can connect my account on twitter

Otherwise, how could I upload pics from my vita?

I don't remember the name of it, but the Vita has a content management software to move screenshots from the Vita to your computer wirelessly.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Portable The Witcher!

Yeah it hasn't aged well lol and it has a low framerate too(but it's not that bad), but hey it's The Witcher, i paid it only 1.19 euro and it's perfectly playable even like this(720p with high details, lowering the settings just makes it a lot uglier while gaining only few fps, i should try lowering the resolution).

EDIT:
GPD Win obviously.

It's funny seeing what effectively seems like 3 generations of portable screenshots in one thread.

3DS screens look very dated now... Vita screens look good, but often lack aliasing and other effects which make things look smoother and the Switch screens look fab.

febLey

Screenshots in Docked Mode belong in the Console thread.
Screenshots in Handheld/Tablet Mode in the Handheld tread.

Solved.

Screenshots in Docked Mode belong in the Console thread.
Screenshots in Handheld/Tablet Mode in the Handheld tread.

Solved.
Sadly I find it hard to remember which is which because all the screenshots get downscaled to 720p. Maybe if I look closely at the pixels I can figure it out.

Top Bottom